[PS1] Map Suggestions

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Official Member

Re: [PS1] Map Suggestions

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:46

+1 for tc_base and cathedral. Haven't played those for a a while now. :)

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 16:57

Looks fine! Some refreshment!

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Wed Feb 08, 2017 23:43

Some rarer maps I'd wish to see in rotation some day (instead of all those worn-out frostbite/supply/adler/dubrovnik/braundorf)

- Tankbusters
- V2 factory
- Glider assault
- Stalingrad
- Desert Temple
- Resurrection

Don't know if these maps have bots tho, but it would be interesting to see them once and in a while.

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 15:24

Not sure if these maps would be good for server activity..

Although me personally would like to play these maps once again.

teKno

Official Member

Postby RyukinOmega » Thu Feb 09, 2017 19:02

Tankbusters instead of supply?

then it's settled.
I eat cowz for a living.

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 19:46

Goldenboy wrote:- Desert Temple
Could you provide link to this, it doesn't ring a bell.

Goldenboy wrote:Don't know if these maps have bots tho, but it would be interesting to see them once and in a while.
Most of them should have wayfiles if my memory serves me right. And most of them should be pretty nice maps as well, I'll take a look at this. Though it might take me a while as I'm busy this weekend. :wink:

Pompidom wrote:Not sure if these maps would be good for server activity..
There are 25 maps on server, I guess if we add 1 or 2 it shouldn't be much of a problem. :)
Image thx for diamond :D

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:59

MLB Desert Temple: http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=mapinfo&idx=7
Allies attack, transport tank to the temple and steal gold, which they take to the tank.
Big gorge with a bridge in the beginning, spiketraps in the temple. What's not to love :d

And I don't expect to see all of those suggestions, maybe 1 or 2 one day.

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 14:09

RyukinOmega wrote:Tankbusters instead of supply?

then it's settled.

never going to happen, jk; I am not in favour of doing that, see below:

Golden wrote:Some rarer maps I'd wish to see in rotation some day (instead of all those worn-out frostbite/supply/adler/dubrovnik/braundorf)

They get voted in for a reason. If you don't want to see them in rotation, I suggest replacing the less popular maps that are not voted in due to supply et al. The solution here is not to replace maps that are popular, but to provide a popular alternative to battle an ongoing trend in map selection.

It is pointless at best and reckless at worst to replace maps that attract players with niche maps only because "we can". Optimality of such an action remains shrouded in the air of (arrogant) mystery to me.

Assuming map polls are pseudo random, you can take a look at statistics here on site - specifically map section, keep the most played half of the maps since last rotation change and replace the lower end with a new pick.

If the would-be frowned upon maps were to be deemed boring by the players, they self-organize and pick the "niche" maps instead.

Failure to do so, as we can observe, only reflects maps popularity and advocating map's dismissal due to repetitive play is a statement of merely personal preference and frustration with the map and/or its repetitive play, some/all of which having nothing to do with its popularity nor how useful it is to have on our server.

This statistics driven approach seems more reasonable to me than the blind hatred towards the likes of supply such as the one we might witness from our fish overlords and their aquarian consorts :D.
Image Thx Talib :> | (old one) (old one #2) Thx to falb :>.

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Fri Feb 10, 2017 17:24

Don't you dare to remove Adler & Supply! :evil: I wouldn't even remove Braundorf. No way.

About Desert Temple, agree with Golden it's cool map. Nice for snipers at least the first part (no wonder golden liles it :party: ).

Tankbusters is also cool map, I like it :D

Just don't take off those 3 maps i stated above.

If you ask me, remove that darjii and minas shitirith once and for all :rofl:

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 18:12

Sorry Boom.
As it was written in the holy codex of PS:
If one day a friend will come to Your house, share the bread with him. And tell him Minas is the best map ever. And when ten others will follow, tell them the same. So say we all!

Minas and Baserace are a MUST!
Im not a fan of Darji and Password, would like ot see them gone.
Also no problem for me to see all those overplayed maps like goldrush, suppy and most of all special delivery gone for good. :mrgreen:
They are so called "popular" coz they are in the rotation all the time, not becouse they have the best design ever...

Tankbusters +
- V2 factory |
- Glider assault +
- Stalingrad +
- Desert Temple +
- Resurrection -

Also it could be fun to play maps like Transmitter and Flughafen in rotation again, hey!
Chaos is the only true answer.

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Fri Feb 10, 2017 18:27

Ok Daghel.

Leave minas, but remove that darji. I don't even recall when it was played last time. And +1 for baserace!!

Official Member

Postby RyukinOmega » Fri Feb 10, 2017 18:29

Is it possible to have minas in the map pool but not in the vote list?

that way this map can be played after a callvote so we dont get rage quitters.
I eat cowz for a living.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 18:34

We have ragequitters on every map. I don't think Minas is special in this matter.

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 22:18

Daghel wrote:They are so called "popular" coz they are in the rotation all the time, not becouse they have the best design ever...

They are called popular, because they are... stats/index.php?do=maps

Daghel wrote:We have ragequitters on every map. I don't think Minas is special in this matter.

Yes, but minas gets 6o6 down to 2o3 usually. And if we don't we usually at least a player sniping from 1st spawn making attack even harder.

EDIT: If you sort the maps by the number of disconnects, Minas is number 1. Argue against those numbers.

Daghel wrote:suppy

*supply

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 22:55

ckEy wrote:They are called popular, because they are... stats/index.php?do=maps

They are popular coz they are on server since forever without any break, not the other way around.

Daghel wrote:And if we don't we usually at least a player sniping from 1st spawn making attack even harder.

It hurts You so much i see, whining about all the time. And im sniping as attacker btw.

EDIT: If you sort the maps by the number of disconnects, Minas is number 1. Argue against those numbers.

I won't. Math is super boring

*supply

Lame. Get a life.

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:50

Ryukin wrote:Is it possible to have minas in the map pool but not in the vote list?
that way this map can be played after a callvote so we dont get rage quitters.
Erm... the map vote is also a vote, so how would that change the situation? And no, unfortunately it would require some really hi-tech stuff to have map available for normal voting, but not for map voting during intermissions.
Currently Minas is only available for voting during intermissions, it will never be played without a vote.
Image thx for diamond :D

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 15:37

And how this vote should work? When 1 map is ending you got 45 sec to type "Cow's foult", look on stats, and pick next map. No time for vote. So i belive you mentioning about option where ppl would chouse another map and then you are calling vote for Minas? Then we could rly think about call this "Minas vote" with some special name... like... IMakeServerEmpty
I dont think we need to segregate maps in some special treatment. Map is map, only thing is to choose right map to current situation on server.
Minas is kinda popular map and many ppl likes it, but lets face it, its playable with smth like 20+ ppl.

And maps like: Supply, SpDelivery; Braundorf, Adler or Frostbite are mostly voting not only coz thouse are most popular maps. Also becouse thouse are maps you can play with great pleasure even without many ppl.
Question is individual, what you think is better. MLB Daybreak or Minas with tons of bots or for example Adler 4on4 - 6on6 ?
Thouse small, "popular" maps should be in rotation always nowadays imo. Thats guarantee for normal gameplay.

And ofc i would like to see some old\new maps in rotation. Imo we can replace thouse maps with some old and "popular", but big nad less playable maps nowadays, like Italy for example. We got so many maps in rotation that adding 4-6 "new" maps shouldn't be rly a problem :wink:

P.s
Troy wrote:Question is individual....

I was kidding :lol:
Thats not individual 8)

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Sat Feb 11, 2017 16:44

Out Darji & Battery (rlly that map is boring allready in all meanings) ------> In: Desert Temple & Tank Busters.

P.S. just boticed empy also voted to remove these 2 maps. Clever boy

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sat Feb 11, 2017 21:08

They get voted in for a reason. If you don't want to see them in rotation, I suggest replacing the less popular maps that are not voted in due to supply et al. The solution here is not to replace maps that are popular, but to provide a popular alternative to battle an ongoing trend in map selection.

My problem with this mentality is the voting. In one evening, it is very likely you can go through 5 maps before you get tired and disconnect. And too many times I play supply, leave for an hour and when I come back it's supply AGAIN. I get it they are popular maps and people want to play them, but when it's the same 5 maps (at worst it literally is supply, addler, braun, oasis, frostbite and back to supply) and then the server selects minas, you have to realize I get a little frustrated.

I also don't understand your mentality "because they are popular" and then show the statistics from PS1. If you want to debate overall popularity link to the splatterladder instead. http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=maplist If we wanted popular maps, we'd be having fuel dump over adlernest. I get people have their good old favorites they want to master over and over, but I at least miss the old days of set rotation when you got to play some rare gems every now and then (or skip them with !nextmap).

And maps like: Supply, SpDelivery; Braundorf, Adler or Frostbite are mostly voting not only coz thouse are most popular maps. Also becouse thouse are maps you can play with great pleasure even without many ppl.
Question is individual, what you think is better. MLB Daybreak or Minas with tons of bots or for example Adler 4on4 - 6on6 ?
Thouse small, "popular" maps should be in rotation always nowadays imo. Thats guarantee for normal gameplay.

I can't argue with that. 6v6 on Adler/Supply is probably more fun than on Daybreak/Minas.
But we could reduce the popular maps from the pool (and rotate them in back and forth every now and then), so some of the fun but unconventional maps might get played more often.

My super-biased opinion of the maps I'd drop out (at least for a moment):
- Darji (Complex, little played, lasts long)
- Battery (Official version has the covert ops element in it (to open side), but the side in this one means there's little to no sniping to be done as the main path is now the side path. It sucks :( )
- Nemorosus (Boring)
- Radar (Boring)
- Adlernest (Overplayed, no DJ)
- Delivery (Overplayed, no DJ)
- Minas (I could give a good old rant about how every section of this map is a torturer for the attackers. I'll keep it short saying if Axis needs 45 minutes to lose a map, the map REALLY SUCKS.)

Some suggestions:
- Desert Temple (Imo a good alternative for Minas if you want sniping, especially the beginning (just like in Minas :o))
- Tank Busters (Sometimes a bit irritating, but the main objective is a refreshing change from plant dyna/deliver)
- Saberpeak (Personal favorite)
- Stalingrad (Close-quarter map (if I recall correctly), that could suit for 6v6)
- Fuel Dump (Because I need something else to rant about in the future)

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:22

Golden wrote:- Adlernest (Overplayed, no DJ)

These maps would be unfair for the attackers with DJ. Regarding overplayed -- if they truly are, people would not vote them in would they? Offer some alternatives instead of removing them.
Last edited by ckEy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:42, edited 1 time in total.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:58

GoldenBullet wrote:Some suggestions:
- Desert Temple (Imo a good alternative for Minas if you want sniping, especially the beginning (just like in Minas :o))
- Tank Busters (Sometimes a bit irritating, but the main objective is a refreshing change from plant dyna/deliver)
- Stalingrad (Close-quarter map (if I recall correctly), that could suit for 6v6)

Agree thouse are good maps, but big\very big... We need small maps also... like:
-The Station Final for example..... or
-MML Chuch
-Library
-Decrypted Final
Thouse are small maps

Bigger maps are izi to replace coz there are more maps like that:
-1944 Huertgen Forest
-El Kef Final
-X-Posed Final
-Colosseum
-Stargate Center 1945 Final
-Rushers
-MLB Hotchkiss Final
-Castle Eltz
-ROP River Final

Btw. Do you remember map, we played some years ago :D
http://et.trackbase.net/map/6811/
When i saw 2nd pic i reminded that map, but that wasnt this... But there was also tight alleys in some old town. Many of stairs? And i think there was possibility of jumping on roofs. And at the end there was some long and large place where ppl were shooting with panzer, smth like in Minas on top... but maybe im wrong XD
Here 3rd pic is fimiliar http://et.trackbase.net/map/199. Also town\walls\map was in that climate. Maybe its even this map ...

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:25

ckEy wrote:
Golden wrote:- Adlernest (Overplayed, no DJ)

These maps would be unfair for the attackers with DJ. Regarding overplayed -- if they truly are, people would not vote them in would they? Offer some alternatives instead of removing them.

They are overplayed in MY opinion. Someone else who might actually enjoy those maps probably doesn't mind playing a good map in their eyes every 6th - 7th map. I mind. And I would offer some replacements, but the rotation already has all the "popular" small maps. Which is why I only named those two small maps and not five maps I find irritating.

And about delivery: I feel disabling DJ for the 1st part of the map you always spend 10% of the map capturing anyway is a little silly, but since it's a indoor map I suppose it doesn't really matter if you have a DJ or not.

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 14:06

Supply, Braundorf, Adler, Frostbite, goldrush and even Siwa Oasis always needs to be in rotation, because of there great Objective play and yeah it people just like these maps.

GoldenBullet wrote:- Darji (Complex, little played, lasts long)
- Battery (Official version has the covert ops element in it (to open side), but the side in this one means there's little to no sniping to be done as the main path is now the side path. It sucks :( )
- Nemorosus (Boring)
- Radar (Boring)
- Adlernest (Overplayed, no DJ)
- Minas (I could give a good old rant about how every section of this map is a torturer for the attackers. I'll keep it short saying if Axis needs 45 minutes to lose a map, the map REALLY SUCKS.)
Agree with the 4 first maps you named, don't like them and aren't good for server activity imo. Adlernest and Delivery, well yeah, they are overplayed but people (including me) like these maps. About Minas: Me personally love to play Minas, actuelly you'll get the best gameplay on Minas when you play it like max 7v7 imo. Also I do like MLB Daybreak very much!

GoldenBullet wrote:Some suggestions:

Yeah I want to see these maps also in rotation. Hehe and I understand your vote for Saberpeak, you dirty sniper.

teKno

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Sun Feb 12, 2017 15:01

Playing on several servers for 2 years before my return here, one thing I can say 4 sure; Adler, Siwa Oasis, Supply & EVEN Password maps are like the most liked and voted maps to play. Than Braundorf and Goldrush. I don't see what's the problem with Adler w/o dj :D It's indoor map, so you don't really need DJ. Overplayed, yeah but for a good reason :) I must say I'm addicted to this map. Even when I'm alone on the server I always vote for adler. Hhhh.

Adlernest- keep it

Supply - keep it
Siwa oasis - keep it

Goldrush - maybe for a change other version with new spawnpoints

Frostibite & Braundorf - IMO you can replace those two

Delivery - A bit boring allready (yeah I'm b9red with that map, but NOT with supply adler & siwa).

Passowrd - It's not played that often (unlike first 3) so maybe just keep it a bit more

Parise Bastille- this map I actually like, and had many GG's on server playing it. Imo keep it

Minas - Actually I hate this map, *beep* 1 hour wasted for nothing. The worst part is, when there are no admins on server and this map got selected (Idk how couse i never vote it), it's a freking nightmare since the vote for "nexmap" doesn't work wich I understand becose you can't actually vote nextmap since we vote for the specific next map, but at least can we add END MAP in voting? It would really come in handy sometimes. So for my personal view I would remove Minas, but since I've noticed many ppl like it and really is kinda fun when more ppl are on server, ok leave it.

Nemoros - Agree with bullet, boring map
Darji - Since I came back on PS, and I play like every day, I don't even recall if this map was played more than 2-3 times. I don't like it. We cam remove this one

Battery - Also little played, for me boring and also CAN be REPLACED

Mlb Daybreak- also big long map, but it's always fun playing it.

Axis lab- A bit more played last 10 days, keep it a bit more.

Dubrovnik - Hate it allready xD Imo- if others agree you can remove it or keep it. Idc really.

Streets of Italy, Always fun to play it, maybe also for a change try the other version.

Maps i would like to see/play: Baserace, Tankbusters, Library, Fueldump, Glider assault, v2 factory.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 15:24

xP.Bo0m!? wrote:....it's a freking nightmare since the vote for "nexmap" doesn't work wich I understand becose you can't actually vote nextmap since we vote for the specific next map, but at least can we add END MAP in voting? It would really come in handy sometimes.

It could be kinda contradictory to our voting system imo.
Sample:
there are 10 ppl on server. 3\4 is voting for 1 map and rest is voting for other maps but not one but for example for 2-3, so votes from thouse 6\7 ppl are spreaded on few maps. So less players vote can win, and many times its happening. Then, after map which is chousen you calling vote for End Map, and probably thouse 6\7 ppl who voted for different map gonna vote they would like to end map. So map which wins vote is ended.... :? and our voting system came up to bit pointless in this situation :?
That could result situation that we gonna play maps where at least half ppl want to play one map... Dunno i made my point of view clear XD

PreviousNext

Return to PS #1: Discussion