Mine amount.

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Bronze Star

Mine amount.

Postby Slash » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:11

Hey guys.

Since we've all been trying to make this server more occupied trying to feed everyone demand like making bot difficulty/amount accessable to everyone. its time to make decision about another thing before i forward it to vote I would like to know your opinion. Today i suggested to Landser to increase the amount of mines and he agreed with it at a point that i had to agree too . Its an acceptable change on certain maps (Siwa Oasis as Landser mentioned) would be quiet unbeatable with 15 mines. But it kinda useless on other maps such like daybreak WHERE THERE IS MORE PART to leave mines behind when they could be necessary to use in the later part of map. Therefore i suggest to add some extra mines to several maps ( these maps vote be voted by most active guests and players asked on server and whoever doesnt have a forum account . Their vote would be judged by a council as investigating an additional Screenshot by an admin or guest who is accesible to the forums.

Kind Regards , Slash

Official Member

Re: Mine amount.

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:37

Well I must say in my ex community we had totally oposite situation. People were complaining about the ammount of landmines (think it was like 12 per team). And I myself don't like it tbh. What's the point of making some map as you say unbeatable, have you consider what effect would it have for attacking team? I'll tell ya, they would start breaking their keyboards and stuff :loller: I mean, that would also somehow mess up the balance between teams. I'm saying this just becose I allready played in such conditions.
But, I respect your suggestion and wish to improve server and make it more occupied. That's awesome ;) So, I'm eager to hear what others have to say on this. As far as I'm concerned I wouldn't agree on more landmines. Reasons mentioned above. And I cannot afford more raging ingame :party:

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:33

I love to place mines. Back in the days on PS5 when Tomsen was the mines-master. I did learn much from him and now I know perfectly where to place mines. Also many other players on our server are pro in placing mines in the right place. My point is I think when you place mines in the right place you don't need many mines.

I think increasing the amount of mines would have an negative effect on the chance for the attacking team to win the game. I think of maps with tanks: placing 5 mines around the tank so it would be disabled directly after attacking team repairs it. So you got 5 mines to place in other places. If you increase this amount to 15 it would be unplayable.

So in my opinion is 10 mines/team the perfect amount and nothing needs to change.

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:39

pompidom_23 wrote:So in my opinion is 10 mines/team the perfect amount and nothing needs to change.

:good:

It's all about where you place them. Sure a map like Daybreak is humongous,
but the key points and objectives aren't spread all over the map (or, at least not relevant at the same time)

They're gathered somewhere, and that's the area to plant mines on. 8)
Image :wth:

PS Founder

Postby landser » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:12

mine wasting on a big map where the defending engi forgets to remove his mines which were planted in the part of the map where no fighting takes place anymore is an important issue. thanks for bringing that up, slash.

the easiest way is, of course, for the engi to go spec and join back to his team. all his planted landmines would be removed.

it also would be possible to change the amount of landmines only in certain maps. the problem i see here: in the first part of the map, you already got this higher amount of landmines at your disposal ... which makes it even harder for the attacking team. also: if the engi doesnt forget to remove his landmines, they then got this higher landmines amount also in the 2nd part of the map ...

i guess, since most people are against increasing the amount of landmines, asking for the engi to go spec is the only thing to do. if the engi doesnt comply, you can always ask an admin to put him spec.

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:15

Well, only 3 ppl gave their opinion on this subject. So maybe just wait a bit more for more ppl to give their comments. I've boticed lately people became obsessive with landmines ingame, so maybe, just maybe if people love them so much, increase it on some bigger maps? Just to see how it will go. I'm personally against it, but if this would make others happy well why not?
We really need to get people start participating on forums too, these kind of topics concernes them too ffs.

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Tue Apr 18, 2017 15:57

Not a fan of mines here, especially on maps like Oasis and Goldrush. This is ET not Potatofarmer Simulator!

If you ask me, 10 is right amount for pretty much every map. I'll even argue using mines is like sniping: You can try but it's just not feasible on some maps. Instead of making a tool stronger, switch tactics.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 21:07

Ok, so ill put some of my thoughts aswell :P but i remember we had discussion like this or similar some time ago... :read:

1st of all, and it wont be smth different from what others said, I rly hate mines around capturable spawn on Oasis :evil: So yes, on some maps amount of mines is more then enough.

But more important imo is that its not also\always about map. I think it also\mostly depends how much players is playing. When you got few ppl then mostly you hear smth like "u sirious? 3 on 3 and mines??? " or smth like this.Many ppl dont plant mines when there is few players.
In the other hand when we got rly nice amount of players, there might be situation where there is not enough mines coz enemys are everywhere or just becouse when there is more ppl mines are easier to spot or smth...
Soooo im curious (becouse i dont know is it good idea), how would work settings when every engy got for example 3 mines to plant. It could fix issues with too less mines when many ppl and too many mines when there is few.
Also it would bring more tactical moves in teams when many ppl. You want to have 8 medics and 1 engy, ok but you dont have mines. Smth for smth :P

So mibbi amount of mines not depends of kind of map but depends how many ppl playing :?: :idea: Or more precisely, how many engys got team.

:beer:

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Wed Apr 19, 2017 21:21

Well maybe if there are settings as troy say to add more landmines when certain ammount of ppl playing reached. And imo not all maps. Just bigger ones with more objectives. But also i find it kinda dumb for engies to need to go spec and back to team so they can have their landmines. Why shouldn't we at least test it, add more landmines for 2 weeks or such and see people 's reaction. Maybe..

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:56

Available settings are:
Code: Select all
set team_maxLandmines 10
And that's it. There is no easy way to bind it to the amount of players, and even less to the amount of engineers.

Could be interesting indeed if every engineer had his 5 private mines, but would be pretty tricky to implement unfortunately.
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:13

Well that's Troy, he always has to complicate things.. :rofl:

Bronze Star

Postby Slash » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:29

Troyan wrote: I rly hate mines around capturable spawn on Oasis

xP.Bo0m!? wrote:Well maybe if there are settings as troy say to add more landmines when certain ammount of ppl playing reached.
Ninjadeer wrote:Available settings are:
Code: Select all
set team_maxLandmines 10
And that's it. There is no easy way to bind it to the amount of players, and even less to the amount of engineers.
Could be interesting indeed if every engineer had his 5 private mines, but would be pretty tricky to implement unfortunately.

Considering this idea and these facts. I know one other way. Maybe that would be a good idea to block mine planting on several places in different maps on that case i could agree the mine amount doesnt need a change.

Troyan wrote: Also it would bring more tactical moves in teams when many ppl. You want to have 8 medics and 1 engy

About this . Well 8 medics on a team is good with 200 player / team. Half of the players stucked in as a medic and come to play ET as a frag game. Guys!!! There are objectives aswell use other classes aswell :wink:

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:25

Hehehe you need to see the smile on my face when I see map started and all medics in team, no engy. :rofl:

Anyway, idk if restricting places on certain maps for landmines is possible (well it is for those who created the map lel), but if it is, I think it would be too much work for ninjade :mrgreen:

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 15:34

Boom wrote:Anyway, idk if restricting places on certain maps for landmines is possible (well it is for those who created the map lel), but if it is, I think it would be too much work for ninjade :mrgreen:
I think ability to plant mines was related to the textures used in certain area. I'm not sure if it would be enough to edit the texture files or should the map itself be edited. Anyways I'm afraid it would be indeed too large job to edit almost every map even if was the easier option of just editing the textures.
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Fri Apr 21, 2017 15:03

Ninjadeer wrote:
Boom wrote:Anyway, idk if restricting places on certain maps for landmines is possible (well it is for those who created the map lel), but if it is, I think it would be too much work for ninjade :mrgreen:
I think ability to plant mines was related to the textures used in certain area. I'm not sure if it would be enough to edit the texture files or should the map itself be edited. Anyways I'm afraid it would be indeed too large job to edit almost every map even if was the easier option of just editing the textures.

When I'm right, I'm right ! 8)

Return to PS #1: Discussion