Some extras

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Official Member

Some extras

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:23

Hey guys, first of all I must say I was surprised when I came back after some year and discover wolfadmin on the server, it's really a great thing that we can vote for so called 'bot war' without needing admin arround to set it. Also the option to set bot's difficulty is awesome. Still, can I ask, I mean suggest if we can have 3 extra options added? 1.) Option to add bot's , maybe some ammount that we can vote for? And when map ends it auto.goes back to standard ammount. Idk if it is possible, I just noticed players last days constantly asking for more & more bot's. 2.) Nextmap vote? It exists but for some reason it doesn't work? Can we fix that? There are some maps with no bot's so It would be nice to skip it when you're the only player on server :) And finally 3.) Restart map vote? We have some extra awesome maps but yet need to learn the objectives, so restart option would be great! :D. Cheers!

Server Owner

Re: Some extras

Postby Ninjadeer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:58

Bo0m wrote:1.) Option to add bot's , maybe some ammount that we can vote for? And when map ends it auto.goes back to standard ammount. Idk if it is possible, I just noticed players last days constantly asking for more & more bot's.
Unfortunately the Wolf Admin isn't done by our community. It's done by guy named Timothy who used to play here, but isn't that active anymore. I think I have suggested similar feature to be added but due to real life stuff the development has been quite slow lately. It is possible that such features may appear on some future release, but it is not certain when that happens.
It would be possible to add such feature to either Wolf Admin or Eggtools by anyone else as well, but unfortunately we don't hane many guys around with some knowledge on LUA coding. Therefore such task would be a lot easier for the original developers of these systems as they know their code and can take advantage of existing systems and avoid conflicts. But of course you can try to contact Timo here and ask if he has some free time and something like the system you suggested coming soon. :)
Bo0m wrote:2.) Nextmap vote? It exists but for some reason it doesn't work? Can we fix that? There are some maps with no bot's so It would be nice to skip it when you're the only player on server :)
This seems to be a problem in NQ coding, and probably can't be fixed just like that as the development has pretty much ended. It would be possible to change it so the nextmap vote would just change the map without intermission, but then again you wouldn't be able to vote for the nextmap, it would be the next in rotation.
Of course it might be possible to add similar vote for example to Wolf Admin, which would just alter the map time and end the map with intermission, but again this would need some LUA coding skills.
Bo0m wrote:3.) Restart map vote? We have some extra awesome maps but yet need to learn the objectives, so restart option would be great! :D. Cheers!
I think this should be currently available, added it a day after you asked on server. :wink:
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Thu Dec 22, 2016 14:22

WoW that was some fast action from you Ninja! Tbh didn't even noticed you allready added the restart option! Now I tested it and it work's fine :D Awesome! Thnx!

Timothy? Prkl guy? Former Flame Guards member? I know him, used to play with him years ago, and not so long ago on FA server! I even remember talking with him about cfg's scripting etc and he DID mention that he works on programimg for ET, and now I know what :D Now that I know this for sure I will try to contact him and ask if he could add some features in wolf admin! Pray for the best :party:

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 18:50

Bo0m wrote:Timothy? Prkl guy? Former Flame Guards member?
Yup, the same guy.
Image thx for diamond :D

Return to PS #1: Discussion