More frequent events.

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Bronze Star

More frequent events.

Postby Slash » Wed Aug 24, 2016 15:54

Hey there PS members and guests.

As i mentioned earlier somewhere you should make more events to gain more interest of people to play on your server.

Now i tell you how i imagine that : it should be like a specified weekend of every month (e.g.: every first weekend of the month). Current events are like a little bit of everything in a short time. i think that might worth a reconsideration to change . You should try a 1 gametype/event system. How it would work.

HS mod January/July
LMS mod February/August
Shotgun mod March/Spetember
Pstol War mod April/Oktober
Sniper mod May/November
Riflenade mod June/December

These changes might have bring more activity to your server.

Greetings, Slash

Official Member

Re: More frequent events.

Postby SpyCow » Wed Aug 24, 2016 18:08

Mmh good points, and we've discussed this before ... but kinda let nowhere. :D
But it should definitely be put up for debate again and try to arrange such events. :P
Image :wth:

Official Member

Postby empy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 18:58

Slash wrote:HS mod January/July
LMS mod February/August
Shotgun mod March/Spetember
Pstol War mod April/Oktober
Sniper mod May/November
Riflenade mod June/December

:good:

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 19:17

Not sure if one gametype/event will be interesting enough. Personally I enjoy multiple snipermaps one after another, but not everyone does.

One option would be creating for example 4 different event setups (list of maps and mods) and alter between those. This way it should be simple enough to host even more often than our prewious events.

But I'd like to see some list of maps (and mods) which people would like to see, those make creating events quite a lot easier :).
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Thu Aug 25, 2016 22:27

or make a suprise of it ninja :)
i like it alot but sniper maps or little bit to boring because there is no action xD
but i will play it if its at the right time at the right day :D

Bronze Star

Postby Slash » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:32

@ Ninja : Yeah you are right on the boring part but like 6 or 7 different mods in 2 hours some of them 2 times is too much change. Maybe you should just change the event so they would lasts for 3 hours like 18 pm GMT + 1 to 21 GMT +1 and then the 2 day event would stay so an event would look like:

Sat :
from 18:00 to 19:00 Sniper
from 19:00 to 20:00 HS
from 20:00 to 21:00 LMS
Sun :
from 18:00 to 19:00 Shotgun War
from 19:00 to 20:00 Pistol War
from 20:00 to 21:00 Riflenade War

Or something like that but you should make events more often thats for sure.

Cheers, Slash

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:37

Schedule seems reasonable, not sure though whether such once a month thing should be 1 or 2 days. But yeah we might try longer periods for different war modes.

If anyone has some special map wishes to be seen in some of the events I would be interested in those as well. Of course we can re use the maps we have used for now, but some fresh blood might be good.
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Fri Aug 26, 2016 15:13

1 hour in a row of Sniper maps (and other modes) might thin the herd after a while though. :P
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 22:46

some sniper maps last like 20-30 min, so 2-3 maps and you've got 1 hour.

And longer time for some 1 mode can avoide situation that im 4-5 min late and already i missed mode i wanted to play...

You should see more positives things :P Or look it on this way... sometimes Minas, 1 map, last for like hour... and no1 cried about that :lol:

Bronze Star

Postby Slash » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:15

SpyCow wrote:1 hour in a row of Sniper maps (and other modes) might thin the herd after a while though. :P

Ninjadeer wrote:But I'd like to see some list of maps (and mods) which people would like to see, those make creating events quite a lot easier :).

This is just a suggestion if you have any other idea as Ninja said tell about it . Because without seeing opinions its really hard to make decision.

The biggest problem is revealed in my opinion. Always the same few people answers for these topics. Maybe if you could send out a mass message to all registered user to share their opinion about event changes or just tell them to make suggestions would be increase the number of answers / opinion and that would make a more clear picture what people would like to see.

Greetings, Slash

Return to PS #1: Discussion