Changes ?

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Spam Noob

Changes ?

Postby Java » Wed Sep 09, 2015 20:22

How do these changes would sound??

Bots hit too well.. Redyce bots accyracy, no1 of the new players doesent want to play with this bots..
More bots maybe 15 per team. many players want to play with many bots.. (landwar)
Frindly fire off?

I have played in many servers and I believe that these changes could be a little help? :mrgreen:
Java

Official Member

Re: Changes ?

Postby SpyCow » Wed Sep 09, 2015 20:25

Java wrote:How do these changes would sound??

Bots hit too well.. Redyce bots accyracy, no1 of the new players doesent want to play with this bots..
More bots maybe 15 per team. many players want to play with many bots.. (landwar)
Frindly fire off?

I have played in many servers and I believe that these changes could be a little help? :mrgreen:

I don't think friendly fire off would be a nice addition. :?
Bots do seem to have godlike aim sometimes.

Also, players (level 7+) can add/reduce the number of bots. :P
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 20:31

Friendly fire off: no
Bots aim is maybe too strong for some people (not for me :twisted:), but yes maybe reduce their aim a little bit.
And like cow said, the amount of bots can be chosen by players with a level 7 or higher, maybe we can change this to level 4?

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Spam Noob

Postby Java » Wed Sep 09, 2015 20:38

WHat are the benefits on Friendly fire on??
You can play more relaxed when FF is OFF :D

Maybe always 15 bots per team and lvl 4 u can put them spec??
Java

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Wed Sep 09, 2015 20:40

Java wrote:WHat are the benefits on Friendly fire on??
You can play more relaxed when FF is OFF :D

In fact it would actually make playing more difficult as I wouldn't hesitate with explosives if my teammate can just walk it off. :P

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 21:27

Teamkills are part of the game. Cant imagin how it would look like when FF would be off XD Imposible 8O

About amount of bot: Maybe we could think about !callvote landwara\landwarx? It could do the trick without giving cmd's to every1, especiale when some of ppl dont know when to use it XD Rly, that wasnt a joke XD

About bots "skill": I remember i was on server when bots were adding, we were picking how strong they should be. Ninja or Egg maybe correct me, but i think 1 lvl down was pathetic. Gameplay then was boring. I remember i was shooting like to wall or box... And there isnt lvl betwene current lvl and this pathetic

Thanks for suggestions, all new insights are welcome and we discuss\analize any idea :beer:

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Wed Sep 09, 2015 21:37

to lvl 4 should be great looks nice anyway :)

but the aim is just fine i like it when they are sometimes hardcore
but thats the game learn :)

not like a nab that cant shoot
just try to make tactics make it fun

command of lanwar would be great if its going lower to 4 instead of 7

Spam Noob

Postby Java » Fri Sep 11, 2015 17:25

All is fine apparently :D no1 doesent seems to be interested to do changes :/
Need to be carefull with new changes that bots dont leave at the server.. :rofl:
I think that there is no longer much to lose if you try to change something :wink:
Java

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Fri Sep 11, 2015 19:19

FF off means artillery, nadespam, mortarspam and reckless shooting would become a thing. While it wouldn't kill your teammates, it is extremely frustrating when the opposing team can block off a chokepoint without losing any access to it at the same time. FF makes the game more tactical or in the least more interesting for me.

Bots aim well if you walk in front of them or stay still. Strafing makes the bots miss their shots almost always if you are close enough, as they cannot place their sights on you fast enough. It gives some challenge to playing against them since you cannot just go and shoot them willy-nilly.

As for specing bots I don't have any objections to lower it to level 4.

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Fri Sep 11, 2015 19:43

if its go lower then people abuse there power maybe :)

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sat Sep 12, 2015 14:38

Maybe bots aim should be nerfed, but at the same time they require some situational awareness boost. Dunno if there are settings that may simulate higher battle sense of bots. Anyways it's so easy to kill them.
No FF is one of the worst thing we can introduce, for the reasons I've probably written out few times on this forum.

Official Member

Postby Polaris » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:51

Java wrote: no1 doesent seems to be interested to do changes :/

Although FF off is like the worst thing to propose, I have to agree with you on this one (see my last post concerning this matter). The problem is omnipresent, yet no actions so far :( that's of course the good right of a gaming community (with great server settings btw), but it puts us regulars to the question whether it still makes sense to keep playing and wasting time on an empty server hoping for people to show up. No offense!

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:55

Polaris wrote:
Java wrote: no1 doesent seems to be interested to do changes :/

Although FF off is like the worst thing to propose, I have to agree with you on this one (see my last post concerning this matter). The problem is omnipresent, yet no actions so far :( that's of course the good right of a gaming community (with great server settings btw), but it puts us regulars to the question whether it still makes sense to keep playing and wasting time on an empty server hoping for people to show up. No offense!

Mhh, but change doesn't always help, maybe in the short run. Take PS#5 for example (best server ever, just putting it out there)...
Nitmod was introduced and it helped, people came to try out the new mod etc. After a bit it died. (Right ... ? What I remember anyway).

And you can't just keep changing things for the sake of a short-term boost imo. :P

Official Member

Postby Polaris » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:07

So you would prefer leaving it as it is, never having any real games anymore, if you're lucky playing 6v6 once a week? Doing botwars over and over again? For me one thing is certain - this state will not magically change without any efforts.

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 13:37

I didn't reply on this topic earlier as I wanted to see more oppinions from players before presenting my own.

Changes shouldn't be a problem, as long as we can at least somehow agree on what to change. See for example this topic. The result of poll wasn't really unanimous or on behalf of change, but those part which were got changed a bit. Towards better gameplay I hope.

When thinking about changes we have to keep in mind that every action has a reaction. About the changes suggested in here lets think of few:
Reduce the bot skill:
The bot system in ET isn't as advanced as you might see in some newer games.
The available settings affecting their skill are currently:
Code: Select all
[CombatMovement]
// moveskill: Sets the combat movement skill of the bots.
// (0=off, 1=easy, 2=medium, 3=hard, 4=random)
moveskill                      = 4

[Difficulty]
// CurrentDifficulty: Sets the difficulty of the bots.
// (0=poorest,1=very poor,2=poor,3=easy frag,4=standard,5=professional,6=uber)
CurrentDifficulty              = 4
We can try setting their aiming skill a bit lower, but many of you might be disappointed on their overall low skill. Of course the next proposition might compensate that a bit.

Increase the amount of bots:
No problem for me, but remember that there are also many players that prefer even 2o2 or 3o3 to teams full of bots. Anyways this should be easy to test.

FF off:
As said, this might break the gameplay totally. Even more with less players due to reasons stated by the others.

About implementing possibilities to start a landwar on lower levels:
Unfortunately even some of our high leveled players have no clue about how the landwar/specbots commands should be used, so i would be quite carefull with lowering the level on those. I have some other possibility in my mind to implement similar changes, but so far I can not promise anything.

For now I have set the bot skill on 'easy frag' and default amount to 10o10. Please share your ideas on how do you think these have affected on server gameplay and atmosphere.
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Sun Sep 13, 2015 15:44

if u set these amount of bots with landwar with commands that if u are lvl 4 that u can set landwar on 6-8 of amount

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 15:51

Bumble wrote:if u set these amount of bots with landwar with commands that if u are lvl 4 that u can set landwar on 6-8 of amount
wut? 8O

Could you please rephrase the sentence?

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Sun Sep 13, 2015 16:04

if someone level 4 admintest

that the !landwar command on 6-8 extra and not more bots added

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 16:40

Ah yes, I also thought about implementing command for adding more bots for both teams. But I'm currently a bit unsure whether it should be lvl 4 or something else. Currently members do have !bot-amount which allows them to change the setting.

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Sun Sep 13, 2015 17:37

uits just a idea :)

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 19:43

Gameplay changes: Pls no, we did some changes in the past, at PS1 but also on our other servers, and in my opinion it never came out well.

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Sep 13, 2015 20:50

There is only one way to attract more players, and that is having players that are already on server. As far as I can estimate a botwar generally stops being fun at 6-10 players. At that moment we got the opportunity to try to play a normal game and server can get more crowded from that point.

We need to change our tactics to reach this amount of 6-10 players.

The only sensible thing to do would be increasing the standard amount of bots. There is no fun in playing with bots a 4 vs 4 with one human player in each team. As result you will either put them spec or chagne to botwar.
I suggest we increase standard bot amount to a 8 vs 8 or 10 vs 10. In this way we will appear with higher player number in ET server list -> more potential connectors. Also with higher numbers of bots there is less need for botwar commands. Slaying 8 or 10 bots with 2 or 3 people is mostly enough.

I believe the problem with our server is not our server settings for normal gameplay, so I wouldn't recommend to change anything about FF.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby Swordfish » Tue Sep 15, 2015 16:40

Hmm my opinion is not worth of hearing, bur recent changes (lot of bots) has been made server very laggy at least where i'm standing. Slideshow is good but not during game... Can we also have vote less bots (example 6 vers 6 or 7 vers 7 )... i did try today with with 30 bots and it was uplayable, at least for me. Sad. It is good server to play, but not like this... Sorry for inconvenience made, if any.
Fragging is not crime... yet.
-|PS|-Swordfish

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 21:49

Agree, 30 bots make server bit laggy. 10 on 10 should be optimal imo

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Tue Sep 15, 2015 22:46

Swordfish wrote:Hmm my opinion is not worth of hearing, bur recent changes (lot of bots) has been made server very laggy at least where i'm standing. Slideshow is good but not during game... Can we also have vote less bots (example 6 vers 6 or 7 vers 7 )... i did try today with with 30 bots and it was uplayable, at least for me. Sad. It is good server to play, but not like this... Sorry for inconvenience made, if any.

We always value our players' feedback . You made a solid point!

Ninja thanks for being on top of this. Could you lower bots to 10 vs 10?
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Next

Return to PS #1: Discussion