Mafia Game 36: Subscription

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Server High Admin

Mafia Game 36: Subscription

Postby GoldenBullet » Wed Jan 11, 2017 22:46

Blazing had his turn hosting the game 35, but I am taking/stealing the narrator's reins once again.

This time the game will be held on a separate forums, which allows anonymous/new names for all players, which should reduce biased lynches and investigations.
More info on that later.

Here are the rules in a nutshell for those uneducated in the art of Mafia:

##################

Each participant gets their role assigned via PM. Roles are random. Mafia players are advised who the other mafioso are. Mafia players are permitted to interact with each other via PM or make a secret forum of their own, while innocents may only interact in public on the posted thread (expetion: Masons). Mafia players will, of course, also post on the public thread as well.

The game has 2 phases, "night" and "day". Length of these phases vary; day phase might take 3 days!

During the "night" phase of the game, the mafia will write a name of innocent in red, indicating who they want to kill (this will ofc happend on their secret forums, NOT on public one.) The mafia's victim will be selected by majority vote. If they are dumb/tactical enough not to have a majority in their votes, then no innocent will be killed on that turn. However it might happen that other roles actions will prevent mafia from doing their kill. For example: mafia will fail to kill somebody protected by the Doctor. Roles which can use their abilities may send their PMs both at night and during the day. Effects which should be shown to publicity will be included in stories/summaries posted at the beginning of every phase.

Once the Narrator has posted the results of the PMs, the "day" phase of the game begins. During the day phase, the players who are still alive discuss who they think might be a mafioso and vote for someone to kill. The mafioso are posing as innocents during the day and they also vote with the innocents. A majority of votes is required to reach a decision. If there are 15 innocents alive, then 8 people must vote for the same person in order to "lynch" them. When the person is lynched, the Narrator will reveal his/her role and the night phase will begin. This cycle will repeat until the game ends. Once a player is "dead", he can no longer post anything of substance to the thread. Exception is a Ghost role.

The game ends when the innocents have lynched all the mafia players or the mafia have killed enough innocents that the innocents can no longer muster enough votes to lynch any mafia players.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
You should check the game as much as possible, inactivity for more then 3-4 days will be punished with a 'death from above' (= inactivity death.) More activity = More fun!

Posting pm's from the Narrator to you is strictly forbidden. Violation of this rule will lead to direct elimination!! To keep things interesting, claiming to be a spesific role is only allowed once a lynch vote has reached majority on you. Indirect hinting is not advised, but often unavoidable.

On a small sidenote remember to type your lynch vote in red, as it greatly helps the narrator to follow votecount. Non-colored lynches are not counted.

##################

Here are a list of roles that you might see next game, including some new ones.

Archivist:
Innocent role. Every night you can send a PM to the narrator and ask who has a certain INNOCENT ROLE. You will receive that person's NAME as an answer. If multiple people have the same role, you will receive one of their names. You will NOT be informed if someone you already have investigated loses or switches roles, meaning a new investigation is required.

Bodyguard: Innocent role. Slightly differs from the well-known Doctor role. During each night you may select one person to protect and that person will not die if they are the target of the mafia attack. YOU CANNOT PROTECT YOURSELF. You can protect somebody from a Mafia/Hitman/vigilante hit, but not from the town decision's kill. If you haven't sent a PM to narrator about who you want to protect, you will automatically protect your last target.

Spy: Innocent role. Some roles perform their actions hidden, say the Torturer, who can investigate one innocent role per game. However, you will receive notification when a hidden ability is used and who was its target. This includes both Innocent and Mafia abilities.

Mr. Lucky: Innocent role. A bit similiar to Vigilante, your phenomenal luck allows you to redirect any mafia attack against you to a new target. This ability can hit mafia. However, choosing a new target doesn't reveal you, which means after the hit only the mafia will know who you are. As a small bonus, you will appear as plain innocent if tortured.

Mayor:
Innocent role. At the beginning of the game before any other role is dealt, players will elect a Mayor amogst them. Mayor will not receive any additional roles, but will have one extra vote he can use freely each day. This is done by sending a PM to the narrator, who relays the vote to the public anonymously.

Lawyer:
An Innocent role. While Mayor can add an additional vote, Lawyer can take one away. Once a day, Lawyer can send a PM to the narrator and ask one vote to be removed from his target's vote count for that day. In other words, If Lawer used his ability on Golden with 3 lynch votes, Golden's new total would be 2 votes, making it harder to reach majority on him. However unlike Mayor, you cannot freely change your defended target that day.

Innocent: A basic role that fights the good fight and that's it. No special abilities for you.

Mafioso: Mafia role. Once a game at night he may change one person's side from innocents/neutral to mafia. The target will lose any role that can be lost via Prostitution and becomes a basic mafioso.

Professional:
Mafia role. A hybrid role of Torturer, Prostitute and Silencer.
- Once per game, at night phase he can choose to investigate another player and receive his role like a detective. The invesigation target won't be revealed.
- Once per game, at night phase he can choose an innocent player who won't be able to vote next day. The silenced player will be revealed as innocent. Also, Mayor can still use his voting ability if he wants to.
- Once per game, at night phase he can choose an innocent player who will lose his role. The infected player will be revealed as innocent.
Professional can do each of these abilities once, but only one per night. In other words, he cannot both torture and infect a player the same night.

Hitman:
Mafia role. Once a game, at night phase you can select another player, who will be killed in addition to the normal mafia kill. This is treated as an extra mafia kill, meaning your target will survive if he was protected and your target will be revealed whether he survives or not.

More roles will be added if enough players join.

###################

So what are you waiting for? Hop in and join the fun!

Code: Select all
- Spycow
- Falbik
- Blazing
- Boom
- Ryukin
- Ckey
- Troyan
- Lazy-lion
- dr.Noob
- Xochi
- Pompidom
- Davies
- Bumble
- Daghel
- Zabolo

The topic will run for a while, say two weeks. Deadline is 22.1.
Last edited by GoldenBullet on Sun Jan 15, 2017 22:39, edited 9 times in total.

Official Member

Re: Mafia Game 36: Subscription

Postby SpyCow » Wed Jan 11, 2017 22:59

8) Btw, can Professional use all 3 of his abilities every night or just one of the 3? :loller:
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Wed Jan 11, 2017 23:00

It reads on the tin.
You can use each ability once per game.
You can only use one ability per night.

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Wed Jan 11, 2017 23:10

Mr. Lucky, if he hits back and hits innocent, what then? It sais "it can hit mafia" but nothing say about innocent?

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 23:38

Imo it hits only mafia. Would be hard to hit mafia, so if it can hit also innocent then role should be called "mr. unlucky" :lol: More chance of that :loller:

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Wed Jan 11, 2017 23:40

Yes, Mr-Lucky can hit an innocent, like a regular mafia kill. The point is Mr.Lucky's target is revealed as if it was a mafia kill. Therefore Mafia killing one of their own (especially since it is forbidden) would seem a little weird if Mr.Lucky would be forbidden to choose mafia players (which he doesn't even know for certain).

Think it like this: If mafia hits Mr.Lucky, he negates the hit and instantly uses Vigilante's ability on someone of his choice.

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Wed Jan 11, 2017 23:59

Ok. Thank you.

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Thu Jan 12, 2017 0:09

i saw only one my role ...proffesional ..buahahahhahaha
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Thu Jan 12, 2017 0:24

I think u misread the role falbik

Youre role = prostitute:D

Count me in golden

thanks diamond:)

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Thu Jan 12, 2017 0:25

Well I still have much to learn, but.. I'm in!

- *cricket chirping* :party: :loller:

Official Member

Postby RyukinOmega » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:50

meesa want to play this ja!
I eat cowz for a living.

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:56

I am definitely in.

GoldenBullet wrote:Blazing had his turn hosting the game 35, but I am taking/stealing the narrator's reins once again.
This time the game will be held on a separate forums, which allows anonymous/new names for all players, which should reduce biased lynches and investigations.
More info on that later.

We tried that w/ Toup when we narrated a game ourselves. Alas, it didn't work back then all that well since you could tell players by the way the went about expressing themselves (cow is an easy spot, for instance; I bet you $5 that he will be killed 1st day again even w/o his nick known :D).
Image Thx Talib :> | (old one) (old one #2) Thx to falb :>.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:09

ckEy wrote: I bet you $5 that he will be killed 1st day again even w/o his nick known :D).

There is always a way... like creating new account, with nick for example "ImNot a Cow" or "Noo, im not who you expecting"

Im IN

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:21

Ayy I'm in.

ckEy wrote:I am definitely in.

GoldenBullet wrote:Blazing had his turn hosting the game 35, but I am taking/stealing the narrator's reins once again.
More info on that later.

We tried that w/ Toup when we narrated a game ourselves. Alas, it didn't work back then all that well since you could tell players by the way the went about expressing themselves (cow is an easy spot, for instance; I bet you $5 that he will be killed 1st day again even w/o his nick known :D).

I believe I played this game as well? Don't know for sure if we tried multiple games on different forums, but I played in one. Of course you can recognize people by the way they talk, but I think it will still be an improvement.
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Official Member

Postby xochi » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:38

am in ^^

Spam Kid

Postby dr. Noob » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:25

noob is in.. noob finds this mafia shit awsome :D
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience..

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 23:28

OK count me in!

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Jan 13, 2017 18:23

In and mayor this time
ImageImage
ImageImage

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 23:02

Earth to Davies :stupid: We all know who gonna be Mayor, dont we ? :lol:

Spam Kid

Postby dr. Noob » Fri Jan 13, 2017 23:26

yeah.. this time noob will be tha Mayor :D
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience..

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 23:27

Troyan wrote:Earth to Davies :stupid: We all know who gonna be Mayor, dont we ? :lol:

Sush :ROFL:
Image Thx Talib :> | (old one) (old one #2) Thx to falb :>.

Official Member

Postby xP.Bo0m!? » Fri Jan 13, 2017 23:40

Screw the Mayor, gimme proffesional :D

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Sat Jan 14, 2017 0:39

Blazing for Presidente

viva la blazing

As you're mayor i guarantee alot of pain, blood and offensive language
vote me to get nothing yourself except alot of tax

thanks diamond:)