CS2 incomming?

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Official Member

CS2 incomming?

Postby Death » Fri Aug 12, 2011 21:18

Just found this message on Crossfire while surfing the internet on my holiday in france :D :D :D

For the counterstrike fans amongst us!

CS2 announcement imminent? (611 views, 28 comments)
Posted by TosspoT on Friday 12th August 2011, 12:47 GMT News: CS

Counter Strike fans should be keeping an eye in the sky this evening as well replaced rumours have Valve launching the long awaited sequel to the series in the first quarter 2012. The very same rumour mill says that official confirmation is en route from Valve HQ within the next 24 hours.

ESEA who have had a very large and successful history within eSports are said to be involved in the development and have posted news of their owners' visit to valve HQ. The rumours cite the following updates:

Features
Planned to be released Q1 2012
Focuses on 5v5 competition
Press release within 24 hours from Valve
Plays on an updated source engine
Individual & Team rankings
New Guns added
New Grenades
Dust & Aztec major revamp
Spamming still viable
Ammo is free

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Fri Aug 12, 2011 21:40

Let's hope that it will be something better than Wolfensetin and its wolfenstein 2009 or ETQW ;).

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 22:06

There was CS:CZ, CS:S, so what's the deal? But new features it is said...

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Fri Aug 12, 2011 22:44

Let's hope it won't make another group of ET players dedidated to another game...
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Fri Aug 12, 2011 23:25

read the chatbox before posting something death >.>

^^

http://store.steampowered.com/news/6059/

focused on competitive gaming, there goes my life

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sat Aug 13, 2011 0:01

Cs Global Offense.

Bah

Official Member

Postby Death » Sat Aug 13, 2011 0:05

Dre_of_chaos wrote:read the chatbox before posting something death >.>

^^

http://store.steampowered.com/news/6059/

focused on competitive gaming, there goes my life

Don't use a stupid chatbox dre! :>

Nah just don't look at it that often... like many people and this way it gets more attention.... though i dont know the good point in giving CS more attention -_-

EDIT:

Official press release

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO).

Targeted for release via Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac) in early 2012, CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched exactly 12 years ago (CS beta 1, August 1999).

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombard, VP of Marketing at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and London Games Festival.

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Return to General Discussion