Mafia Game 19 - Subscription topic

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Veteran

Mafia Game 19 - Subscription topic

Postby Timon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:43

Here we go again for the... eee... 19th time!

All who have already played the fabulous game know what to do. For those, who want to start their experience with Mafia we have some important stuff to read:

Rules of the game:

Each participant gets their role assigned via PM. Mafia players are advised who the other mafioso are. Mafia players are permitted to interact with each other via PM, innocents may only interact in public on the posted thread. Mafia players will, of course, also post on the public thread as well.

The game has 2 phases, "night" and "day". Typically 24 hours each (to allow enough time for infrequent posters). But previous games showed that one phase can even last for 3 normal days.

During the "night" phase of the game, the mafia will send me PMs indicating which innocent they intend to kill during that round of play. The mafia's victim will be selected by majority vote. If they are dumb enough not to have a majority in their PMs, then no innocent will be killed on that turn. However it might happen that other roles actions will prevent mafia from doing their kill. For example: mafia will fail to kill somebody protected by the Doctor. Roles which can use their abilities may send their PMs both at night and during the day. Effects which should be shown to publicity will be included in stories posted at the beginning of every phase.

Once I posted the results of the PMs, the "day" phase of the game begins. During the day phase, the players who are still alive discuss who they think might be a mafioso and vote for someone to kill. The mafioso are posing as innocents during the day and they also vote with the innocents. A majority of votes is required to reach a decision. If there are 15 innocents alive, then 8 people must vote for the same person in order to "lynch" them. When the person is lynched, I will reveal if they were innocent or mafia and we will begin the cycle again at the top.

Once a player is "dead", he can no longer post anything of substance to the thread. Exception is a Ghost role.

The game ends when the innocents have lynched all the mafia players or the mafia have killed enough innocents that the innocents can no longer muster enough votes to lynch any mafia players.

You should check the game as much as possible, inactivity for more then 4 days will be punished with a 'death from above' (like suicide, car accident, overdose... )

Posting pm's from me to you is strictly forbidden. Violation of this rule will lead to direct elimination.

You ARE ALLOWED to tell your role/lie your role if you are being voted out by majority (>50% of votes are to lynch you out)

If I receive 2 or more PMs with opposing actions ( fe: Hitman going to kill innocent and Vigilant going to kill Hitman) the action included in EARLIER PM will be performed as FIRST. So keep in mind to send me a PM rather than waiting for me at xfire.

Please note that: Posts wont be visible in homepage so dont forget to check the subforum itself.

Roles examples:

Innocents:

Detective
You are the Detective. During each night you may select any one person to investigate and if you survive the night I will tell you what their role is. You may send me your PM at any time during the day or night, but I must receive it by 22 PM or you will investigate no one. Obviously, it is better if you can wait until night so that you can make the smartest decision. Use this strong power well. The town is counting on you.

Doctor
You are the Doctor. During each night you may select one person to protect and that person will not die if they are the target of the mafia attack. You may protect yourself if you wish. You can protect somebody from a Mafia/vigilante hit, but not from the town decision's kill. Use this strong power well. The town is counting on you.

Bulletproof
You are Bulletproof. You are protected from normal Mafia hit. You are not safe from Vigilante or Hitman hit. You can off course be lynched by the townsvote, just like everybody else. Use this strong power well. The town is counting on you.

Innocent
You are an Innocent. You are trying to root out the mafia from your midst and live out a peaceful life free of crime and danger. Good luck to you.

Mafia:

Mafia
You are a member of the mafia. Your goal is to completely dominate PSland by murdering and tricking the innocents until they no longer outnumber you. Use Pm's to discuss your hits with your Mobster friends

Hitman
You are Hitman. You are part of the Mafia and take part of all the decision making. You can however take right into you own hands once during the game and PM me with a name to be killed. Your hit is too sneaky for the Bulletproof's armour, so you can kill him, unlike the regular Mafia hits.

Torturer
You are the torture.
Your ability is to one night take things in your own hands and break into an innocent's house and torture him/her until they reveal their real identity (role).

NOTE: Complete list of roles taking part in this game will be posted in a special topic in Mafia the game Themeforum titled: 'Game 19: Rules&Roles'

To all:
Depending on the amount of roles the rule about revealing your role will be set and announced before the game begins.

Subscription will probably run till 22nd July with late entries accepted if amount of players is insufficient.

Code: Select all
Blazing
Davies
Falbik
Toup
Death&Spycow
Leo_The_God
GoldenBullet
IceCreamy
Saukko
Flow
St-Shadow
CkEy
Scary
Wazzup
Dutchman
Diclonius
Fantomas
Last edited by Timon on Thu Jul 21, 2011 15:21, edited 7 times in total.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:02

Awwww :(
Can't play this time because i'm off to Italy the 26th-3th August :P

But i'd like to keep my acces to the forum so i can read the stories and such...
Can i have that Timon? :P
Last edited by SpyCow on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:24

in in in :drool:

already looking forward :D

thanks diamond:)

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:30

I'm in Timovic!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:37

ofc me :P
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Official Member

Postby Toup » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:45

I'm in, hope i don't die on the first day :D!

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:48

Well i kinda have same problem as spycow,
Im going on vacation from 2/3 august till 16/17 august.
So if game would start on 22nd of july i would be able to play 1/1.5 week.
However i'm taking my laptop with me on vacation and there might be wifi there allowing me to continue playing.

So depending on when the game starts and wifi ability i would like to join. If you don't think i can be much help in those few days then i would like to spec only ;)

Ill tell ya if i know wheter i will have wifi or not. ;)

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Mon Jul 18, 2011 13:12

I'm in :D
no vacation this year :<
GoD is DeaD

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Jul 18, 2011 13:17

Count me in.

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 13:17

Toup wrote:I'm in, hope i don't die on the first day :D!

:rofl: not if Im playing.

Anyhow, you can count me in, but Im not sure if I am bringing my laptop on holiday... So it would be really cool if someone could fill in for me (if I still live, which I doubt >_<) in between 29th of July and 14th of August.
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Jul 18, 2011 13:51

I am in.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam God

Postby flow » Mon Jul 18, 2011 14:38

i'm in too :)
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Mon Jul 18, 2011 16:36

me
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Mon Jul 18, 2011 17:14

Timono .. i need this time some fa*** rolee :P ofc ..if fortune ..again no show me ass :S
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 20:10

yeah sure, count me in :)

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Mon Jul 18, 2011 21:13

Already 12 players on the first day! Awesome :D
So eh... That's a yes to keep my acces so i can spec the game Timon? :P

Spam King

Postby Scary » Mon Jul 18, 2011 21:57

Im in but i will kill myself and all teammates if i get mafia role again. :D

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Mon Jul 18, 2011 22:17

Scary wrote:Im in but i will kill myself and all teammates if i get mafia role again. :D

lynch Scary
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Veteran

Postby Timon » Tue Jul 19, 2011 14:08

@SpyCow: sure, no problem.

To all who go on holidays: as you can see everybody's on the list, I'll update it when the subscription ends with a result depending on your final decision. You have to decide whether you will be able to play from where you're going. I don't mind switching (2 players per 1 role) but you have to arrange yourselves in pairs.

If we don't get enough players we will wait with the game till more proper time.

Official Member

Postby Death » Tue Jul 19, 2011 14:35

That's actually not a bad idea timon :D

Say spycow, you wanna dual with me? :> since i'm going the day you get back i think we could form a good duo :>
And if i turn out to have wifi on the camping anyway we can still cooperate in the rest of the game.

We could use an existing account of either one of us or we could make a new account like: SpyDeath or DeathCow ^^
And then PM to ourselves or use our own personal private forum to exchange ideas on who to lynch and who is suspicious ;)

PS: 999th post... gonna make the 1000 today, TIME FOR PARTY!!! :>

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Tue Jul 19, 2011 14:55

Here is something you can answer :P
Sure... Why not :D

But if anything points in the direction of a private forum...
You'll be incharge of that :D

EDIT: A new acc? Huh 8O
Also... if that happens.. you make it 8)

If this doesn't seem fair i'll help no worries :wink:

Btw: Shouldn't we be talking about this over PM? :roll:

Official Member

Postby Death » Tue Jul 19, 2011 15:33

Well it's something everyone is entitled to know so it shouldn't be nescecary to talk over PMs.

I've already got a way to get a private forum where we could talk, and if i get the OK for this idea from timon, i'll create a new account and apply in this forum... No worries it's not any trouble and done in a couple of minutes.

PS: 1000 posts xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :loller: :loller: :loller: :loller: :beware: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Tue Jul 19, 2011 15:37

Cool :)

Congratulations! :D

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 15:58

Offtop: don't you think that in mafia first victim is always random?

Official Member

Postby Toup » Tue Jul 19, 2011 16:05

St-Shadow wrote:
Scary wrote:Im in but i will kill myself and all teammates if i get mafia role again. :D

lynch Scary

Hmm, maybe he already knows his role...

Next

Return to General Discussion