Return of the Shadow - Mafia Game 17

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Official Member

Return of the Shadow - Mafia Game 17

Postby Ammz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 23:27

If you've clicked on this topic you better stick here and read the whole thing.
This is the recruiting topic for our Prime-Squadron Mafia Game nr. 17!
That's right everyone. We are back up and running to give this another go since we failed to recruit enough players last time! The game will probably begin somewhere after the middle of next week.

For those who are not familiar with the game, don't worry even though it seems hard to understand it is simple to play. BUT!! You must be VERY active to join this game and must not go on holiday the next 3/4 weeks. Or else we will lower your level on PS servers ^^ (just kidding).

Da Rules

Each participant gets their role assigned via PM. Roles are random. Mafia players get to know who the other mafiosos are. Mafia players are permitted to interact with each other via PM or make a secret forum of their own, while innocents may only interact in public on the posted thread (exception: Masons). Mafia players will, of course, also post on the public thread as well.

The game has 2 phases, "night" and "day". Length of these phases vary; day phase might take 3 days!

During the "night" phase of the game, the mafia will write a name of innocent in red, indicating who they want to kill (this will ofc happend on their secret forums, NOT on public one.) The mafia's victim will be selected by majority vote. If they are dumb/tactical enough not to have a majority in their votes, then no innocent will be killed on that turn. However it might happen that other roles actions will prevent mafia from doing their kill. For example: mafia will fail to kill somebody protected by the Doctor. Roles which can use their abilities may send their PMs both at night and during the day. Effects which should be shown to publicity will be included in stories/summaries posted at the beginning of every phase.

Once the Narrator has posted the results of the PMs, the "day" phase of the game begins. During the day phase, the players who are still alive discuss who they think might be a mafioso and vote for someone to kill. The mafioso are posing as innocents during the day and they also vote with the innocents. A majority of votes is required to reach a decision. If there are 15 innocents alive, then 8 people must vote for the same person in order to "lynch" them. When the person is lynched, the Narrator will reveal his/her role and the night phase will begin. This cycle will repeat until the game ends. Once a player is "dead", he can no longer post anything of substance to the thread. Exception is a Ghost role.

The game ends when the innocents have lynched all the mafia players or the mafia have killed enough innocents that the innocents can no longer muster enough votes to lynch any mafia players.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

You should check the game as much as possible, inactivity for more then 3-4 days will be punished with a 'death from above' (= inactivity death.) More activity = More fun!

Posting pm's from the Narrator to you is strictly forbidden. Violation of this rule will lead to direct elimination!!

Since this round hasn't got the whole variation of roles and mostly plain innocents, you are allowed to tell your role anytime you wish without penalties.

See roles for more info about their abilities and restrictions.

Roles of Mafia game 17*

Detective
Side: Innocent
Story: Many times over, a single man has destroyed mafia's plans. As many times he has managed to slip past their fingers unharmed. You are the Detective, seeker of ultimate truth and end to mafia's dirty actions. Can you find out the identities of the mafiosos before they get yours?
Description: During each night you may select any one person to investigate and if you survive the night, the Narrator will tell you what their role is. You may send me your PM at any time during the day or night, but the Narrator must receive it by PM before deadline or you will investigate no one. Obviously, it is better if you can wait until night so that you can make the smartest decision.
Equipment: Magnifying glass and black list.
Mission: Find and investigate Mafia members.

Doctor
Story: Before the war between innocents and the mafia, you used to patch up members from both factions. But when you realized that most of the sad cases were caused by the evil mafiosos, you decided to side with innocents, putting yourself on the black list of the mafia in the progress. You might have lost your fancy office and cool X-ray machines, but all you need is bandage and stimpack to keep your loved ones alive.
Description: During each night you may select one person to protect and that person will not die if they are the target of the mafia attack. You may protect yourself if you wish. You can protect somebody from a Mafia/vigilante hit, but not from the town decision's kill. If you haven't sent a PM to narrator about who you want to protect, you will automatically protect yourself.
Equipment: Aspirin and duct tape (it fixes everything man!)
Mission: Protect Innocents. Find and protect Detective and Bulletproof the most.

Ghost
Story: Since childhood you knew you are a bit different than others. Other PSville citizens never liked you. Always you heard comments like: "I see dead people" behind your back. You know that something must be wrong with you. Oh, crap! You just walked thru the wall again. You freak!
Description: Ghost is a special Innocent role, which can be killed like any other Innocent, on same rights, but after death he'll be back from the heaven/hell.
After death, Ghost can not vote in lynching or choosing Mayor, he can't be Mayor himself but his role is revealed. However he's free to post his toughs and help Innocents to win. Ghost can't be killed second time, even by Hitman.
Equipment: Nothing. In fact, I don't think you can even grab anything!
Mission: Sacrifice your life if there will be a need.

Bulletproof
Story: Eye of the eagle and ear of the fox. As ex-military from special forces called Prime Sqadron you are always ready for the worst. Thats explain why you are always wearing your kevlar jacket and few granades in your bag.
Description: All the time during the game you are protected by mafia hit. Hovever you are not protected from Hitmans shot. But beware, you can be lynched as anyone else in this town, innocents are counting on you.
Equipment: Kevlar Jacket and a pendant (which seems to block bullets much more efficiently than your jacket.)
Mission: Survive at least one mafia attack.

Innocent
Story: Simple, dull and innocent.
Description: If only you had a special ability. Sadly you don't.
Equipment: Bills. Lots of them. Maybe you owe mafia something?
Mission: Survive and kill the mafia.

Boss
Side: Mafioso
Story: Every group needs a leader, which in this case, is you. You're a notorious fat cat, who has dedicated his life for crime and luxury. Everything would seem to be in your control, if there wasn't those pesky innocents ruining your world.
Description: Boss is a special role that can be appointed by the mafia on 1st night. Like Mayor, he has 1 vote more than the rest, but unlike Mayor, he has it in mafia's own voting who to kill. In other words, Boss's vote is counted as two when mafia plans a hit. The main idea of Boss is to make it easier for mafia to reach majority in what they kill. If mafia feel that someone is or will be rather inactive on 1st night, they can together appoint a Boss. Otherwise there will be no Boss in the game. Boss status cannot be ripped off and there will be no re-election after Boss's death.
Equipment: Signet and Cigar.
Mission: Be the most active mafia player so you will ALWAYS have the majority who to kill by the end of the night.

Hitman
Story: You are arguably the most feared of the mafiosos, at least your Desert Eagle is. You are highly respected inside the mafia, but you tend to be arrogant and have made some freelance hits when you have had the time.
Description: Once in the game you can make an extra kill for the mafia. To do this, you must send the Narrator a PM in which you tell who you want to kill. While you can do this at day time, the kill will occure at night phase. However you can't kill person protected by doctor, so choose wisely.
Equipment: Sniper Rifle.
Mission: Search and destory. Target - Bulletproof.

Torturer
Story: You are the last person which simple innocent would like to meet in darkness of the night. With ritual scars and eyes of a maniac you are definitely the most terryfing mafia member. Always liked to hurt animals huh? You bastard! Well, maybe you are not so evil.. just not understanded artist. That model of Titanic on your desk made from human fingers is quite pretty.
Description: Each night you are able to find one innocent as your new "toy".
Send pm to narrator with information which person you want to torture. Then you will know the identity of selected innocent. Use your knowledge good. Mafia is counting on you!
Equipment: Razors and needles.
Mission: Find all Innocent roles with abilities.

Mafioso
Story: Simple, dull and evil.
Description: If only you had a special ability. Sadly you don't.
Equipment: Guns&Knifes
Mission: Eliminate enough innocents to reach majority in lynching.

Mayor
Side: ???
Story: You're a freshly elected mayor with power over the citizens of PSville. Such a charmer, aren't you?
Description: Besides your regular lynch vote, you can send the Narrator a PM, where you tell a name of the person you want to lynch as Mayor. The person you want to vote as Mayor doesn't need to be the same you are really are voting for.
Equipment: Tophat.
Mission: Helping your team/confusing opponents.

Shadow
Side: Neutral
Story: You are a man of your own destiny. You have tried to stay away from all this mess between the mafia and the innocents, but I guess you are now in it for good. Now you're just trying to make yourself out of it alive.
Description: You are a team of your own. Unlike innocents and mafia, all you need to do to win is to be alive in the end of the game. Die, and you lose.
To compensate the lack of teammates, you have one extra vote to make daily. Send it via PM to narrator. In addition, you have protection against one mafia hit.
Equipment: Shady coat with hood.
Mission: Stay out of trouble.

*I have the right to change these roles before the game starts :)

So people, join in and subscribe. I want at least 10 players before I start the game and maximum 18.
Remember to be able to post an average of TWO POSTS per day.
I will run this for 6 days :)

Players who are cool and are going to participate in the mafia game are listed below.

Icecreamy
    Diclonius
    Falbik
    Davies
    Toup
    Saukko
    Dutchman
    Leo_The_God
    St-Shadow
    SpyCow
    Scary
    Ajit
    Flow
    Blazing
    Pet
    Timon

Last edited by Ammz on Wed Feb 09, 2011 0:49, edited 6 times in total.
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 23:33

Im in ! :D

free icecreams for all who join ! :D
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Sat Feb 05, 2011 0:18

I'd like to join the game. I've played a similar one called "Werewolves" once :)

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Sat Feb 05, 2011 0:57

Show Time :D

one place for me
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48

Holyscraplediddledydoo.

/in
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:36

Put me in, altough i might do something wrong while playing the game. :oops:

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:23

Bring it on baby, I'm in!
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby Dutchman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 13:32

meeeeeeee

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Sat Feb 05, 2011 13:45

F*ck Yeah!!!! :D

---> Join <---
GoD is DeaD

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sat Feb 05, 2011 19:33

17th? Where's the 16th mafia game :<

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Sat Feb 05, 2011 19:58

GoldenBullet wrote:17th? Where's the 16th mafia game :<

killed by Hitman :lol:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Sat Feb 05, 2011 20:17

I'll try this thing again then...

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:23

Falbik convinced me to give it for a try :p

I'm in ;>
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:26

I'm in :D
Image :wth:

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:35

Congratulations everyone. We've achieved a subscribing amount of 10 players. We are to begin the games. I will probably launch the first day Thursday and keep this running for other people who might show interest.

Please contact every PS regular and member and try to convince them as Falbik did with St-Shadow. Good one there Falbik ;).

This game is labeled 17 because nr. 16 never managed to get enough players.
Don't worry if this is your first time playing. You will for sure get the hang of it after the first days and nights :)
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Spam King

Postby Scary » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:53

I will join.

Oh, and new players will be shot on the first day.

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:23

say wuuuuuuuuut?

I'm in.

Spam God

Postby flow » Sun Feb 06, 2011 14:30

count me in :)
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Sun Feb 06, 2011 15:13

SpyCow wrote:I'm in :D

Spy :twisted: :twisted: good to see ya here ...rly good :twisted: :twisted:

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun Feb 06, 2011 15:19

FALBIK wrote:
SpyCow wrote:I'm in :D

Spy :twisted: :twisted: good to see ya here ...rly good :twisted: :twisted:

:wth: 8O

*Flee* :!:
Image :wth:

Veteran

Postby Timon » Sun Feb 06, 2011 15:37

Just give me a day to decide. Damn school!

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:49

sign me in:)

thanks diamond:)

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 18:15

Come on people - not much time anymore! Subscribe now ! :)
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Spam Kid

Postby pet » Tue Feb 08, 2011 19:07

i'd like to give it a try if it's still possible :)

Veteran

Postby Timon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 22:22

Blah, I'm in, but I'm changing my gamestyle. Quick, sharp post instead of page-long essays.

Next

Return to General Discussion