MESSIIIII GOLDEN BALL 2010!!

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Spam Noob

MESSIIIII GOLDEN BALL 2010!!

Postby BenMoha » Mon Jan 10, 2011 21:21

Lionel Messi has been elected Golden Ball 2010 before Iniesta and Xavi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Official Member

Postby Toup » Mon Jan 10, 2011 21:31

All barca players ;).

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:31

I laughed so much :D
Iniesta was looking like WTF!!! :rofl:

Random voters and that's what you get, Messi is the best player but Golden Ball should be given to the players who did best in the whole football season, and this year I would have give it to Wesley Snijder, finalist in all competition he has played, almost winning all. Or at least he should have been in the top 3.

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:52

Agree with Flower.
+I rather had seen Xavi walking away with that thing.

Oh-Mourinho had tears in his eyes when Sneijder told him he's the best coach in the world!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Tue Jan 11, 2011 14:04

Totaly agree with Flo. I like Messi and more gloably the Argentinian football, but this golden ball was realy ridicoulous. He is surly the best Barca player but to be honest he had realy a shameful World Cup and specialy was a real shit again Germany on 1/4 final world cup :wink: . I also think that Sneijder was the one who deserved it the most, but well it's not first time that FIFA suck balls, and this time the golden one.

Official Member

Postby Toup » Tue Jan 11, 2011 17:29

Nope, messi didn't diserve it... But in a kind of way he did. Many players had an excelent performance this year : Iniesta, messi, xavi, sneijder, maicon, ect . It was hard to decide for me, not like previous years, but i think Xavi should have had that golden ball.
Xavi is my choice because barca doesn't play the same without him, they still play very good...But it just isn't the same. He and Iniesta were fantastic in the World cup wich is not the case of Messi, and for only this, messi shouldn't have won it.

About the coach of the year i think Mourinho was the right choice, he won the champions, calcio (and the cup of italy?). And now with him Real plays better in my opinion.
Guardiola will take this prize next year if he keeps training like he does at the moment.
Del bosque was my last choice, i think Spain won the World Cup by the players iniciative the most, not saying he isn't an excelent coach...

Sorry for the off topic talking about coaches, but theres no thread for it :) .

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Tue Jan 11, 2011 17:58

Of course Messi is a great player when he plays for Barça. He's just not good for national teams. He never was. So, I think he golden ball should've been given to Wesley Sneijder, who played a great season, BUT also played great for the World Cup. It's just there was a World Cup.. otherwise I would agree with Messi! ;) That's it.

Look my ava btw. :)
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Spam Noob

Postby BenMoha » Tue Jan 11, 2011 20:14

Is true that since sneijder left Real's become a very good player... :)
But FIFA does not think like us! :?

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Tue Jan 11, 2011 20:50

ye fifa also thinks katar is a nice ground for a world cup instand of england or sth else... :)
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server High Admin

Postby PolygonWindow » Tue Jan 11, 2011 22:45

Thx to Sepp Blatter. The Berlusconi of soccer.

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Wed Jan 12, 2011 16:43

icefrost wrote:ye fifa also thinks katar is a nice ground for a world cup instand of england or sth else... :)

That's just because Qatar has more money and they want to get some popularity to that country for soccer. :S
Same thing as with Russia.. World cup will be there because they have enough money, although you cant see that at the population. Imo I'm happy it won't be in the Netherlands.. It very expensive to organise it and gues who has to pay the money? We, noble citizens. xDxD
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Wed Jan 12, 2011 17:07

lazy-lion wrote:
icefrost wrote:ye fifa also thinks katar is a nice ground for a world cup instand of england or sth else... :)

That's just because Qatar has more money and they want to get some popularity to that country for soccer. :S
Same thing as with Russia.. World cup will be there because they have enough money, although you cant see that at the population. Imo I'm happy it won't be in the Netherlands.. It very expensive to organise it and gues who has to pay the money? We, noble citizens. xDxD

That's just a fake reason to hide the real reason ; tha money!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Nismo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 20:21

messi rox and he deserve it, thats all.. :D

Return to General Discussion