Sony or Samsung?

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Spam God

Sony or Samsung?

Postby lazy-lion » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:25

Hey, I would like to have your pro advice.
I want a new "game" television and I can't make a choose between these 2.
So, I want to know what one is the best for playing ONLINE games. (Like Cod: Black Ops)

Sony Lcd Television KDL-40EX500 - 40 inch - Full HD.

Specifications:

http://www.comparison.com.au/televisions/Sony/BRAVIA-KDL40EX500

Samsung Lcd Television LE40C650 - 40 inch - Full HD.

Specifications:

http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/lcd-tv/LE40C650L1KXXU/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=specification

I don't got a high budget, but I can buy these 2. I have read in reviews the Samsung has some LAGs while playing online? I don't know. What is the best one?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by lazy-lion on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:31, edited 1 time in total.
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:27

didnt check those items yet, but if you got money then buy Sony. If you want working thing then buy Samsung

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:30

Ajit wrote:didnt check those items yet, but if you got money then buy Sony. If you want working thing then buy Samsung

Thanks,

but I dont got much money and in reviews I read the Samsung tv has quite a few LAGs. That's actually why I post it here. (Actually I should've told that in first post.)
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Spam Lord

Postby Marcco7 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:46

Sony are better but the best choiche for you could be LG which is quite good as Samsung and it's 127 CM :P
I'm always outnumbered, but never outmanned!

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:53

Marcco7 wrote:Sony are better but the best choiche for you could be LG which is quite good as Samsung and it's 127 CM :P

No LG for me and I think it isnt the same price?
And I only choose between these 2. :)

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:16

how can a tv have a lag? sense- it makes none. :D

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:56

Both TV have pretty same technical specifications, so the question is more about the design and also your use of the TV. If you have a shiny room, go for sony which have a no glossy screen. In the other hand LE40C650 have a better image processing engin and more complete multimedia possibilities. Both could match for playing games. One more thing, Sony don t manufacture screens and use Samsung or Sharp ones, so as i said above the quality of the screen itself will be same.
Now, i would suggest you to take a look on SAMSUNG LE40C750, which is only few euros more expensive than the LE40C650 (about 30 or 40 euros more here in France). The TV is 3D ready with a 2D/3D converter technology which works pretty nice on games. It s a 200 Hz instead of 100 Hz for the two others which give you a smoother picture, realy appreciated when you play fast games, and it also have a 2 ms "answer time" instead of 4 ms for the two others, also pretty important for playing games :wink:.
All this Sony is better than Samsung or vice versa stories is realy funny when you know a bit about all TV's composants which are for the majority same and shared by all manufacturers, the rest is just a question of marketing.

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:09

What is your budget?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:59

SAMSUNG LE40C750

Of Bowdowns post is nice, got serveral good ratings and reviews (Germany).

Definately i would buy this one instead of the ones you posted.
I mean, everyone wants a faster response time and hz rate.

I don't think you will make something wrong with it.

PS: The 'lags' might be because of the response time - smearing.

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sat Dec 18, 2010 13:38

BOWDOWN wrote:Both TV have pretty same technical specifications, so the question is more about the design and also your use of the TV. If you have a shiny room, go for sony which have a no glossy screen. In the other hand LE40C650 have a better image processing engin and more complete multimedia possibilities. Both could match for playing games. One more thing, Sony don t manufacture screens and use Samsung or Sharp ones, so as i said above the quality of the screen itself will be same.
Now, i would suggest you to take a look on SAMSUNG LE40C750, which is only few euros more expensive than the LE40C650 (about 30 or 40 euros more here in France). The TV is 3D ready with a 2D/3D converter technology which works pretty nice on games. It s a 200 Hz instead of 100 Hz for the two others which give you a smoother picture, realy appreciated when you play fast games, and it also have a 2 ms "answer time" instead of 4 ms for the two others, also pretty important for playing games :wink:.
All this Sony is better than Samsung or vice versa stories is realy funny when you know a bit about all TV's composants which are for the majority same and shared by all manufacturers, the rest is just a question of marketing.

Thanks! I will take a look at LE40C750, as i see it has 200 Hz and 2ms answer time. And 3D ready? So I "could" watch 3D but also just have normall 2D I guess? xD Dont know a thing about 3D..
Thanks for the advice.

Edit: I took a look and what I saw is weird? In the netherlands it's 200 euros expensiver, because the LE40C650 is 597,- euros and the LE40C750 is 889,- euros. It also has 400 Hz instead of 200 Hz and i'm sure i'm looking at the right one. It's over my budget, so thanks for the advice but I think im going to take the LE40C650.

davies wrote:What is your budget?

Something like 600. Or a bit above it.

eLemenT wrote:SAMSUNG LE40C750

Of Bowdowns post is nice, got serveral good ratings and reviews (Germany).

Definately i would buy this one instead of the ones you posted.
I mean, everyone wants a faster response time and hz rate.

I don't think you will make something wrong with it.

PS: The 'lags' might be because of the response time - smearing.

Ofc I would buy it if I had the money. :(
You see LE40C650 is still a very nice one. You can have a lot of fun with it. The LE40C750 is just better. You have more "extras" with it. It's my budget, otherwise I would have bought it obviously.

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Sat Dec 18, 2010 14:14

PS Techz0ne > General Discussion
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Dec 18, 2010 15:00

lazy-lion wrote:Thanks! I will take a look at LE40C750, as i see it has 200 Hz and 2ms answer time. And 3D ready? So I "could" watch 3D but also just have normall 2D I guess? xD Dont know a thing about 3D..
Thanks for the advice.

Sure, you just have a normal TV with a possibility to switch on 3D mode, then the TV convert all 2D signals on 3D. You can also directly watch all 3D programms (3D TV channels, 3D movies etc ...) .

lazy-lion wrote:Edit: I took a look and what I saw is weird? In the netherlands it's 200 euros expensiver, because the LE40C650 is 597,- euros and the LE40C750 is 889,- euros. It also has 400 Hz instead of 200 Hz and i'm sure i'm looking at the right one. It's over my budget, so thanks for the advice but I think im going to take the LE40C650.

Are you sure that it's the right TV? as i know Samsung don't use 400 Hz technology on any of it's LCD TVs, even on their last LED high-end 7000, 8000, 9000 series. Maybe Samsung market a special model for Holand, but i have some serious doubts about, could be nice if you can send me a link or something cause i m realy curious to see it :wink:.

The best price i ve seen in France is about 679 euros. Try, to search on the net for best sellers and if you are not in a hurry, wait few days. Let's finish chritstmas times, after that sellers generaly try to exhaust their stocks, since some 2011 models will bring out. Here in France, we have Sales on January, just after christmas, dunno if it's same in Holland but can be a good idea to wait a bit for better price.

Now, if you realy can t wait or find a good price, the C650 or the sony X500 are both pretty good TV for your use and will be a good christmas gift :wink:.

good luck lazy

Server High Admin

Postby Zielobjekt » Sat Dec 18, 2010 15:15

you can also watch around on inet for B products. then you just have little fails like little scratches at the case but its a lot cheaper
Cry and you will cry alone, but laugh and the whole world will laugh with you!!!

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sat Dec 18, 2010 18:59

Zielobjekt wrote:you can also watch around on inet for B products. then you just have little fails like little scratches at the case but its a lot cheaper

Yeah, I was watching "marktplaats" for some televisions. But nobody has a LE40C650 or 750 for sale. :(

BOWDOWN wrote:
lazy-lion wrote:Thanks! I will take a look at LE40C750, as i see it has 200 Hz and 2ms answer time. And 3D ready? So I "could" watch 3D but also just have normall 2D I guess? xD Dont know a thing about 3D..
Thanks for the advice.

Sure, you just have a normal TV with a possibility to switch on 3D mode, then the TV convert all 2D signals on 3D. You can also directly watch all 3D programms (3D TV channels, 3D movies etc ...) .

lazy-lion wrote:Edit: I took a look and what I saw is weird? In the netherlands it's 200 euros expensiver, because the LE40C650 is 597,- euros and the LE40C750 is 889,- euros. It also has 400 Hz instead of 200 Hz and i'm sure i'm looking at the right one. It's over my budget, so thanks for the advice but I think im going to take the LE40C650.

Are you sure that it's the right TV? as i know Samsung don't use 400 Hz technology on any of it's LCD TVs, even on their last LED high-end 7000, 8000, 9000 series. Maybe Samsung market a special model for Holand, but i have some serious doubts about, could be nice if you can send me a link or something cause i m realy curious to see it :wink:.

The best price i ve seen in France is about 679 euros. Try, to search on the net for best sellers and if you are not in a hurry, wait few days. Let's finish chritstmas times, after that sellers generaly try to exhaust their stocks, since some 2011 models will bring out. Here in France, we have Sales on January, just after christmas, dunno if it's same in Holland but can be a good idea to wait a bit for better price.

Now, if you realy can t wait or find a good price, the C650 or the sony X500 are both pretty good TV for your use and will be a good christmas gift :wink:.

good luck lazy

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/elektronica/samsung-lcd-televisie-le40c750-40-inch-full-hd/9000000010920235/index.html

There it is. It's in Dutch though. But that's not a great problem I think? (You can also see the price and for more specifications, click Specificaties xD)

Yes, we do have Christmas sales in Holland and these tv's already are in sale. :P
But maybe the LE40C6(7)50 will come in a action or something.. :P

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sun Dec 19, 2010 0:10

Well, do you have digital TV?

Cause I recently bought a 81 inch, 4 HDMI, and digital.
it was only €470,-. Just from bol.com
ImageImage
ImageImage

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:39

davies wrote:Well, do you have digital TV?

I do have!
Sounds great for me.
How much Hz does it have? and ms respons?

Edit. Ow, I think you mean a 81cm. Instead of inch, xD. Yeah then its normal it has a price like 470,- xD

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47

lazy-lion wrote:

I do have!
Sounds great for me.

Edit. Ow, I think you mean a 81cm. Instead of inch, xD. Yeah then its normal it has a price like 470,- xD

Lets say it is pretty big. :p
I dont know the exact name of the TV anymore, but I will look around a bit on bol.com

EDIT:
It was something like this one:
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/elektronica/son ... ifications

but then 'een slagje kleiner'.. But I can't find that one anymore :p

ANd what about this one
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/elektronica/son ... index.html
ImageImage
ImageImage

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sun Dec 19, 2010 15:10

davies wrote:
lazy-lion wrote:

I do have!
Sounds great for me.

Lets say it is pretty big. :p
I dont know the exact name of the TV anymore, but I will look around a bit on bol.com

EDIT:
It was something like this one:
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/elektronica/son ... ifications

but then 'een slagje kleiner'.. But I can't find that one anymore :p

ANd what about this one
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/elektronica/son ... index.html

It's a nice TV, that's sure, but it only has 50 Hz and that's to low. I'd prefer one with 100Hz or higher. But thanks for the advice!

Return to General Discussion