'spawnkilling'?!?

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Bronze Star

'spawnkilling'?!?

Postby Allz » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:03

Hi all,

I think this is the proper place to put my question, if not plz move it to the right place:)

The situation happened on Library (the one in current rotation), the first part. I was on axis team and spawned. One minuted earlier i noticed a player trying to make his way to axis spawn, and no, not with intention to capture flag in building next to it. When i spawned later, i turned around and saw Blondo waiting behind me in spawn. Ofc i started shooting and he took one of the side exits, i killed him when he tried to get away. He didn't shoot at me at all because he didn't want to sk. After i killed him he said 'don't shoot in spawn'. i replied with : 'no sk becos it was my spawn and no spawncamping since i just spawned, so whats the problem?'. No reply. I tried to find something about it in the rulebook but no there isnt anything thats says something about this situation? Was i right to shoot him? just curious :P

Allz

Official Member

Re: 'spawnkilling'?!?

Postby SpyCow » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:28

If it's the first half the map you're talking about, isn't it a capturable spawn anyhow?

Also, spawncamping is not that you just stay in spawn all day long,
it's basically when you shoot from spawn, even for just a few seconds to kill a guy you quickly spotted whilst still in spawn but he's like 100 m away.
Technically shooting someone trespassing your spawn is SC. Trespassing is technically allowed but not recommended. But! since it's a capturable spawn I'm kind of wondering about that detail. :P

Also, he could've just been waiting for Axis to start so he wouldn't get killed trying to make his way out. :P

IMO you were allowed to kill him. (I'm just a humble Cow though, don't take my word for it!)
Image :wth:

Bronze Star

Postby Allz » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:44

Yes first half of the map cow,

there is a flag in another building on the side of the square. he wasn't trying to capture it becos u don't have to pass through axis spawn for it. So he wasnt waiting at capturable point anyway. and he tried getting into spawn befor so thats how i knew he was there. i have been here long enough to know that ik can and can't do but on this one i wasnt sure :) so thanx for the answer cow :)
ik have done this thing a couple of time too: wait as axis undercover covops in allied spawn on second half of special delivery. just run after them and step them in the back when they are far beyond spawn. :P never had any problems with it and i dont think its not allowed :P

tnx cow!

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:50

Proper place could have been PS#1 Discussion, but I guess this is close enough. :wink:

Cow wrote:Technically shooting someone trespassing your spawn is SC.
I've heard this also before and I really wonder where the hell did this conception come from. Usually I'd rather view the Rulebook more as a guideline than a definite word of authority, but let's look at this quote:
The Rulebook wrote:Deliberately hanging around (also known as camping) Enemy spawn and/or your own spawn is NOT allowed and is considered Spawncamping (SC).
There is usually nothing deliberate in shooting a random player randomly passing your spawn. If you would spend most of your playing time hanging in spawn waiting for spawnpassers things might be different.

So to sum it up:
IMO you were allowed to kill him. (I'm just a humble Deer though, take my word for it!)

I think this is also the reason why spawnpassing isn't recommended. It is on spawnpassers own risk if he/she gets killed inside the spawn, as he/she is not allowed to defend him/herself as it would be SK.
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:55

IMO you didn't do wrong decision to kill him. He can hide in your spawn (if he got some luck nobody spot him) but he can't shot there, so the right decision he tried to escape from your spawn to start shoting in allowed place to fight. From your side killing him in your own spawn it's not a problem cuz you not shot from spawn just in spawn (it's a difference) you can, he can't, it's some kind of roulette your enemy choose potentially worse decision to pass some part of map cuz he got not 50% chance to pass cuz he can't defend yourself at that place. The similar situation is on axis spawn in Goldrush map (bad timing and you are dead).

EDIT_________________________Our rulebook is old and needs to be updated :) IMO

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sun Nov 30, 2014 13:09

Although it is not officialy a rulebook killing a spawnpasser is acquiesced.
It's the risk a spawnpasser has to take and he has to take the consequence he can not shoot back when you're in spawn.

However, as soon as he leaves the spawn, be a good sport and also step out when you want to kill him, don't just hang around inside.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun Nov 30, 2014 13:14

Ninjadeer wrote:
Cow wrote:Technically shooting someone trespassing your spawn is SC.
I've heard this also before and I really wonder where the hell did this conception come from.

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. :P
The Rulebook IS really old, should reassess some things. (i.e. this!)

Does this apply to capturable spawns anyway? :P

No problem Allz!
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sun Nov 30, 2014 13:41

Like Davies said, if he want to go through your spawn its his risk. You can shoot him but he cant shoot you. Spawncamping, as the name speaks for itself, is when you stay in spawn and useing this area as shooting place. Capturable spawn or not, no different in this case. On Italy map you also cant stay where cp is, and shooting from balcon.
But on Libra map (i think we had some discusion in past about flag area or smth) i think first spawn is like normal spawn coz you dont have there anything to capture. And this little house with flag is place where you cant use hw for example. Imo camping in that house with flag should be forbiden also becouse this is correct capturable spawn even if you respawn in other place.

My 2 cents :P

:beer:

Bronze Star

Postby Allz » Tue Dec 02, 2014 0:08

thx guys for all the info, was just curious about this, but now i know more! :D

Return to Enemy Territory Talk