R.I.P. PS#2

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Server High Admin

R.I.P. PS#2

Postby Smadje » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:16

Dear members, players, animals of the prime-squadron community.

As all of you can see PS#2 is from now on closed. There have been several tries to attract players to the server, but in the end none of our tactics worked.

PS#2 is of course a server with a long history. Although I belong to one of the older players, I have no memory of the first days of it. Still, I remember the times of a crowded PS#2. A PS#2 as a home for players, a server where people referred to as: I am regular of PS#2. Those times are over, sadly.

PS#2 has been like a secondary home for me. A place comparable to a vacation-park. Not always crowded, but when you are there at the right time, it is freaking awesome.

I want to thank everyone whom I had a great time with at this beautiful server, and want to thank especially those who toke some extra effort to keep this server alive. Sad that it had to end like this.

R.I.P. PS#2.

Smad
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby Death » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:24

Sad story is sad :(

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:19

The real PS2 was dead already 4 years ago and nothing brings those days back.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:23

Saukko wrote:The real PS2 was dead already 4 years ago and nothing brings those days back.

-*S
depends on how every person views the server.

Anyway, PS2 became my fav server when PS4 was near it's death. It was a NQ server with etpro'ish settings, which of course attracted etpro players, thus making PS2 the most 'obj whore' server from PS. As a result, PS2 was also the least rule breaked server. It was awesome. Most of the players had above average skill which led us to many funwar victories. As time went on the server became more empty for various reasons (idk them :D), And PS2 became an evening server, with about 5v5 and occasional 10v10 gameplays. Still awesome.

farewell.

Server High Admin

Postby BigOgr » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:29

Dammit i started ET on PS2. Those were the happy days, when most of PS Servers were very crowded. I wish we could go back in times :)

PS2 will be always my home :(

zub

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:52

For last few days there were clear messages, that PS2 has been closed. Unfortunately. PS2 was first PS server I had played on. And yeah, those 10vs10 matches were good and idk why it has fallen. Probably not server's fault but generally because less and less ppl play ET.
Of course, when PS2 got empty I rather connected PS1, then PS5 and PS3. But you know, in these busy times thaere is no time just to sit on empty server and wait for others :p

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:55

Never really played in Ps2 but the times I did were awesome. To see another Ps server go is bad, hopefully this wont be the future of Ps5 too.

Spam Pro

ahh ps2

Postby Epa » Sat Jan 21, 2012 15:23

Ahh ps2, i remember when i started to play there approx 4-5 years ago , ppl were warm and welcoming and it was my homeserver so long, even got adminlvl5 there wich were amazing becouse ppl like me are not usually very well taken in most gaming communitys(i mean that i was very young back then),but ps was diffrent, i had many friends to play with there, was fun. Even when i got banned from PS2 i felt like ps regulars and admins had my back and greeted me to play in other ps servers while my case was takin care of.

I have to say eventought i haven't been playing in your servers lately, the best memories of ET are from the time i was so little and playing with friends in PS2 and PS5, thank you and R.I.P

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Sun Jan 22, 2012 0:21

R.I.P. my sexy PS 2 <3
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:49

Sad to hear, but it wasn't really suprising.
Played a few hours there in total, but nothing more.
RIP :(
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sun Jan 22, 2012 20:50

Hehe, seems like PS servers with even numbers doesn't have much luck. 2, 4 and 6 are down, while odd numbers: 1, 3, 5 and 7 still up.

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:02

Those days with Crossyard, Monster, Snyder and so many others...
When PS#2 still had ETpub...
When HA levels were 666...
When you could playdead inside Goldrush's bank and make people panic...

Those were the days. How I miss them.
Last edited by GoldenBullet on Mon Jan 23, 2012 13:45, edited 1 time in total.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 13:09

GoldenBullet wrote:Those days with Crossyard and Monster...

Don't forget to mention Snyder and all the great regulars. That was the real PS2 and that was the server where I started my journey for real.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Mon Jan 23, 2012 17:49

RIP (L), about if it died already, dont care.. ps2 had that extra touch allllllllllllll the time!
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Mon Jan 23, 2012 19:20

RIP

Official Member

Postby tekken » Mon Jan 23, 2012 21:19

GoldenBullet wrote:Those days with Crossyard, Monster, Snyder and so many others...

exactly best days for me on PS servers :P etpub<3 lvls like PS slave or PS senator hehe :P cool ppl....

great memories... ;) greetings tekken :P

Veteran

Postby Nemesis » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:10

Spam Kid

Re: R.I.P. PS#2

Postby KillaHilla » Sun Jan 29, 2012 14:26

Smadje wrote:Dear members, players, animals of the prime-squadron community.

As all of you can see PS#2 is from now on closed. There have been several tries to attract players to the server, but in the end none of our tactics worked.

PS#2 is of course a server with a long history. Although I belong to one of the older players, I have no memory of the first days of it. Still, I remember the times of a crowded PS#2. A PS#2 as a home for players, a server where people referred to as: I am regular of PS#2. Those times are over, sadly.

PS#2 has been like a secondary home for me. A place comparable to a vacation-park. Not always crowded, but when you are there at the right time, it is freaking awesome.

I want to thank everyone whom I had a great time with at this beautiful server, and want to thank especially those who toke some extra effort to keep this server alive. Sad that it had to end like this.

R.I.P. PS#2.

Smad

WORD

TRUE

These were some of my best days in PS at all...
:( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Will miss PS#2, and the Icy ruler :P

P.S> what we can make is make the other servers even better than before:)
stay up and keep shining!!

be peaceful and calm, and in ET wear an arm:P

Return to Enemy Territory Talk