Will ET survive

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory discussion section
Official Member

Will ET survive

Postby Toup » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:00

What do you guys think? Will ET survive for some good long years like it has until now or will it die with all the new shitty fps coming out?

There aren't many communities left, we have Ps, Da, L|L, kernwaffe, what else? I mean this isn't going to be here forever, it will die like other communities did ;(.

Give me your opinions and discuss about this. What are the probabilities of ET dieng in the next few years?

Even if it does, it will always have a place in my hearth <3 :>.

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:50

Don't know.. but actually i am not really playing ET that much like before.
For me AVA (Alliance of Valiant Arms), makes more fun so far.

ET had its best days, you can't really predict the future but as it's a FreeToPlay game, it can't completely die.

Official Member

Postby deep » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:00

I would play this game for at least couple of years more, because it's unique from every game out there. Most big hits today are with arcade-like gameplay, which requires no skill and therefore attracts young kids and old grandmas to gaming- more ppl, more money.

The future really is depending on the newbs (the newcomers), as they are the #1 server fillers.

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:15

I have convinced some dozens of friends to play ET, the only way to get more players is like that :s.

And diamond i totaly agree with you those new fps games are so easy, ET is difrent.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:46

I used to play 2 other big online fps:
-Cod:MW - it is really a great game, but I got bored after ~4 weeks; team deathmatches become dull after some time; plus it isn't really challenging (on public servers) where there are really many newbies, casuals and it's so easy to pawn them (despite being 'new' in this game I almost always had one of the best stats in TDM's); morever there are some irritating things like heli, which is always occupied or martyr, but in ET arty/airstrike is also occupied all the time and we have such shit like mortars, r nades, so it's even; but the most shitty thing are damn campers and there are lot of them cause many newbies/noobs/lows play this game; MW2 and black ops are just copies of MW with some changes and new things, so I don't find them interesting
-CS - CS is great too, but this is whole different thing; I've played it for few months, got some skill, nevertheless I've never been really good at it; despite it greatness it still became to bore me after few months of playing it

Maybe ET isn't greater than those two, but I've been playing ET for some years and I still have fun, so for me ET is the best option. It has something that make me play it. Probably it's because level of skill which I achieved in ET is far better than those in CS & CoD, so the game gives me the most satisfaction.

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 14:06

I think that ET will never die. It will shrink to one community, but there will always be people keeping it up ;)
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Sun Mar 20, 2011 14:27

ET will survive until DA and PS is here :P
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sun Mar 20, 2011 16:27

You are talking only about NQ. ET is not only NQ.
There are also other mods.
Etpro is alive because of lans and active competition and price moneys. If they stop making lans for ET then it will die for sure.

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Sun Mar 20, 2011 17:06

I think it will live and as ajit said its not only noq :P
there are also severs in us always full not only eu ppl play this game :S (pub i mean)

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sun Mar 20, 2011 17:47

Ajit wrote:You are talking only about NQ. ET is not only NQ.
Etpro is alive because of lans and active competition and price moneys. If they stop making lans for ET then it will die for sure.

Yes but isn't NQ the most "popular" mod nowadays? I personally would like to try and play in an ET team one day, to see how it is like.

You see, not everybody plays Etpro. You don't see many Etpro public servers, i don't know what it is like on the other side of the ocean but since fefe says there are full servers everywhere i believe him.

And aren't lans when you play local?

I might only have said garbage since i don't know much about ET.

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sun Mar 20, 2011 18:12

Toup wrote:I might only have said garbage since i don't know much about ET.

+1

NQ is the newest mod but I wouldn't say it's the most popular.

Famous etpro public server are all the time full. And people don't play so much etpro in public servers. Etpro is more team game, 5vs5 f.e., and you play those matches in a private server - that's why you can't see so many public etpro servers. Usually every team got at least 1 or 2 private servers.

Lan is an event where people come together and play with their team. They give out money on a lan becuase it's fair-play there, you can't cheat on a lan because everyone sees your computer screen. And only top teams go on a lan because attending also costs.

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sun Mar 20, 2011 18:20

Thanks for letting me know all that ;).

But are there many teams?

Sorry for being such a nab.

Official Member

Postby deep » Sun Mar 20, 2011 18:32

Yea, there are nearly 1000 etpro servers and about 250 NQ servers. And some of the biggest ET communities- crossfire.nu and gamestv.org are all about etpro. maybe check those sites out and see how big the etpro scene really is.

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sun Mar 20, 2011 18:41

Toup wrote:But are there many teams?

yes

there are over 38k members in crossfire.

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:33

Toup wrote:
Ajit wrote:You are talking only about NQ. ET is not only NQ.

Yes but isn't NQ the most "popular" mod nowadays? I personally would like to try and play in an ET team one day, to see how it is like.

You see, not everybody plays Etpro. You don't see many Etpro public servers, i don't know what it is like on the other side of the ocean but since fefe says there are full servers everywhere i believe him.

And aren't lans when you play local?

I might only have said garbage since i don't know much about ET.

Its hard to keep public etpro server full/popular since as said newbs are keeping servers alive(public) so a newb comming to etpro server is big fail and usually big frastration and they leave fast being killed all the time and waiting 30 sec for spawn is not much fun :P

Return to Enemy Territory Talk