Topic you have to read

Old server topics and posts from 2012, Read only
Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:30

xochi wrote:
Toup wrote:Yes he was trying to point out that, but I very much doubt players give a crap if a server is filled with admins or regulars.

Well Toup it really is players watch if there are much admins online yes or no. It gives a better view if they care about server or not. As allready told when i went to other server where 40 players played from those 40 there were 12 admins. See the connection?

When PS1 was full every day there weren't that many admins online, most were regulars. I couldn't give a flying **** if there is an admin online or not.. why would I? (except when icy is online so I can TK him)

1 admin or 20 admins, the most important part is how the server is regulated.. if 1 online admin does a better job than 20 random admins, players will stay for that ONE admin.

Like Ajit says: game is old, there are a dozen better games (alot of which are free) so new players are extremely rare and old players will leave for better games

ITT: I WANNA BE ADMIN PLZ GIMME ADMIN

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 14:59

I understand youre point xochi, about more admins = more players.
Most servers are going empty, but some people of those servers still wanna play and they go search an other server, when they come out on a server where much members are online and some players, they directly gonna have a nice intruducing to the community, maybe gonna stay longer and maybe become a reguler.

Still there is a little life in ETworld, people just wanna play and when servers die they maybe gnna search a new one, hoping they come out on a server thats still is allive, like PS ;)

EDIT: MORE EVENTS!! :banana: regs vs PS ;)

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Spam Pro

Postby Lurtz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 15:15

Ajit wrote:
If everyone gave their opinion it would be much easier to understand the cause of the inactivity and other problems but that just doesn't happen.

It's about the game. ET is dying because it's old game. I really doubt that there are some new guys who "discover" ET and start playing it. There are actually much better games than ET and people grow out of playing computer games and new generation of kids play new games not old ones. There is nothing you can do about it.

Hardly ever agree with you but this is 100% true, unfortunately.

Nice to read we will have one server instead of 2.
Hopefully it will get full within few days. 40/50 slots should do the thing?

Offtopic: I will miss ps funwars :/

Talented Spammer

Postby cabrita » Mon Aug 27, 2012 19:02

ok i have some opinions too :d
1.nextmap shouldnt be for everyone cuz in that case we could just do it all the time until our favorite map or smtg like that.. but the comand lvl could be reduced...
2.the amount of admins is not the case but WHO they are... i play et on ps servers since about 4 years ago or more dont rly know for sure and i saw many players become admins much more faster then others and players that dont even had more then 2 lvls during that same time... and it wasnt because they were rulebreakers or not just cuz 1 had luck of receivinglvls and others dont..just saying that the lvls should be given by the player carachter and not by the time/skill tha he had playing... oh and btw do shorter replys cuz ppl are lazy and dont want to read all this big texts XD

and i agree wit lurtz funwars are missing here :xx the were 1 of the reasons to group the comuniti....
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(") This is Bunny.Copy and paste bunny to help him conquer the world.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 19:49

up: nowadays there may be too few ppl on funwars

Talented Spammer

Postby cabrita » Mon Aug 27, 2012 22:42

ppl will like fun wars... and if not enough ppl cancel it so its not too hard to try it...
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(") This is Bunny.Copy and paste bunny to help him conquer the world.

Previous

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2012