Maps on PS1

Old server topics and posts from 2012, Read only

Do you agree for maps system vote before every match?

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes : 46
Official Member

Maps on PS1

Postby hdoubls » Tue Jul 31, 2012 23:25

Hi!
We need your opinion about how to run a map on PS1, thank you for helping us with a vote or your suggestions for a better idea.
Regards.
Big thanks to Falb!k

Server High Admin

Postby carebear » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:08

I am not sure how i shall decide... On the one hand i would say definetly yes, liked the function allready on other PS server, but on the other hand i could also imagine that this will lead to play alltime the same maps.

In my opinion a possible outcome can be that more players will leave because of getting tired to play just the popular maps like gold, fueldump, venice and supply. Dont understand me wrong i like that maps realy much and dont want to miss them in rotation, but for example in my case, i joined PS and started playing here, because i got bored playing (most time short) only etpro maps.
For this i played many years in clan, competition, gather etc. (seven years for those who interest), but when i want to play public i like to play new maps or maps that are not so much known by most people.
I like playing in a nice, firendly and team oriented way and do objectives that need much time to do, but this i must say, i miss nowadays a bit.

I hope the server gets back to his "High-Times" when the summer is over!!!

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:15

Irrelevant, it will change nothing. It won't bring players back. Current system is fine.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:02

Well it's not only about bringing players back, we won't deny that there is a problem at the moment, though this is more to measure the opinion of our regulars. The results of this poll won't directly result in the adaption of a map voting system on PS#1.

In the case that there is decided that we will work with a map voting system, we will make sure that we can run in it in a way that maps can't be voted just after they have been played.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby Toup » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16

I say leave it as it is. I have never seen anyone complain about it before, and since the Larger/Smaller rotations have been implemented it's even better.

I think we should look at it more in the long term effect that it has on the server rather than trying to desperately getting, or keeping people regularly play on the server by making a change completely new to #1 (?), because the truth is that you can't make people play daily with a simple clap of hands. The usual crowd that plays over at the #1 is used to a linear map rotation, and changing this you don't know how they're going to react. You should also take in consideration that the majority of the regulars don't frequent the forums, and I doubt you could ask for the opinion of those who are starting to get into the server, and I've seen quite a lot of newcomers recently.

To make my opinion a little clearer : It would be important to make a decision that is set in stone and that lasts for a long time.

It is certainly a pain in the butt to make the right choice here, I wouldn't mind either way, what has kept me playing here for so long was the community and these server settings don't really matter to me, but for other people, from what I've seen around, my vote goes to no.

Just leaving my poorly written poopy feedback :D

Official Member

Postby Pasglop » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:18

Larger/Smaller rotations have been implemented it's even better.

Like Toup said.

let it as it is plz.

Spam Kid

Postby Sc4r » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:05

I am not sure how i shall decide... On the one hand i would say definetly yes, liked the function allready on other PS server, but on the other hand i could also imagine that this will lead to play all time the same maps.

I think the same thing, just update maps frequently and leave things as they are. IMHO

Official Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49

I like the current map system. My experience with the vote system only few maps will be chosen.... And it will be playing the same maps over and over again... With the current system u got more variation with maps.

Server Owner

Re: Maps on PS1

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16

hdoubls wrote:Hi!
We need your opinion about how to run a map on PS1, thank you for helping us with a vote or your suggestions for a better idea.
Regards.

I guess "we" mean most likely "I/me" since we (PS members) never had a discussion about such an idea and personaly i don't need any opiniuon about ;).

Official Member

Re: Maps on PS1

Postby deep » Thu Sep 13, 2012 20:23

BOWDOWN wrote:
hdoubls wrote:Hi!
Regards.

I guess "we" mean most likely "I/me" since we (PS members) never had a discussion about such an idea and personaly i don't need any opiniuon about ;).
If I remember correctly we did have a discussion about map voting for PS1, hdoubls probably made this topic to bring the question to regular.

It's an old topic as well btw.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Fri Sep 14, 2012 0:50

The idea was suggested as many others in April when we were talking about Future of PS1 but once again we never had a real specific discussion nor a topic about on MF or maybe i ve missed something there ;). Anyway , lets run the vote but i have to be honest, having a voting map system is not realy a priority atm.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:57

No. I liked the voting system, but as long as rotation is more or less good, it's not needed. Let's just avoid "streets of italy every 3 maps, blablabla" and other crap.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:38

Fully agreed!

Talented Spammer

Postby TalibKweli » Fri Sep 14, 2012 20:58

sucks! straight no :3 ...
Image credits to Falb!k, thanks :)

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Fri Sep 14, 2012 21:16

at the moment against it
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 0:28

No voting system, just change the rotation frequently ;)

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Talented Spammer

Postby cabrita » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:44

this poll already was made sometime ago is totally unnecessary, it will not bring more ppl to server and its unfair, some maps of votation(that just a few players like) ill never be voted and never played.... :c
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(") This is Bunny.Copy and paste bunny to help him conquer the world.

Official Member

Postby DonaldDuck » Thu Sep 20, 2012 19:24

Well I think math and statistic is what we have to follow.

Here on Splatterladder.com we can see PS1 server utilisation in the last hours and days. We focus on daily utilisation.

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serve ... tilisation

But it show us only last 30 hours(anyone have better track place with longer run?) and also cant see running maps during these hours.

We need some script to track and analysis(time, map name and number of players) or we can do it visually which is bit a work ofc.

We have to focus on the top playing time(15:00-00:00) and pic up maps when server "runs empty". Just exchange them for better ones. The more popular ones. I understand some of protest always(including me sometimes :D) then just explanation is all needed cause it is majority democracy.

It happen often that many players leave on some maps with lots of whining. It is the sign that map is "negative". And we lose players and we lose popularity. Many guys like PS but unpopular maps ruin it. They leave and we are lucky when they return. If they. So the map problem is the BIGGEST problem right now(happy that other things in PS are just fine).

In my opinion "large-little map script" should be switched off this time. About 6-10 hours.
So only the popular maps on top playing time(large or little it make no sense)!

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:32

i think a map voting systam is bad idea cuz same maps well always be playd just have good maps on rotation and thats it...

Official Member

Postby SturmGonzo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:02

according to ps3 <3 <3 experience that's leading to a 3 maps campaign .. not sure if it's a good idea.. on ps3 there was a time it was 24/7 tower+golden dunk server.. it makes disconnect some peoples not liking those maps played more and more so that only those few liking them staying on it and revoting them to oblivion :roll:

Talented Spammer

Postby dmg_arg4el » Fri Sep 21, 2012 15:51

As 24354363546 ppl said - NO to voting system.

Spam Kid

Postby Evo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 22:13

It's would be a bad idea to let anyone vote for the next map in my opinion. But maybe the command !nextmap could be given to any PS member and not only the admins or high level members ? Because that happened often these days that a poll 'next map ?' passed but no one could actually change the map cause members were too low leveled ... (only a suggestion though)

Evo

Talented Spammer

Postby TalibKweli » Tue Oct 02, 2012 13:59

well, imo the rotation just suxs a bit Oo, if you stay longer on server it doesnt took long that the maps come over and over again ^^

and specialy the crap maps ...

btw. looks like egg got anyway much time to do something for server, rly good idea would be if he could make it like a everday map campain change ...
kinda like packets wich is included with some maps, tiny and big maps, some like before a 15 or 20 map campaign ..

i think people just often disconnect bc of gettin boored of maps (isnt that hard cause most maps are overplayed )...
so just packets with mix of new maps,old maps fun maps etc. and change it everyday could make the server more attractive for new people, also for regulars too stay!

"you cant get success in a goal you want to reach, if you didnt even tried"

i know that the goal of PS and all friends of the community is, that the server&community is long as possible alive, so give that a try and may you could reopen PSF&O cause server is each day too full \o/

:party:

Cheers Talib

PS: make an eggtool/lua script wich do the everday change by itself :roll:

ontopic: CKEY FOREVER LOW!
Image credits to Falb!k, thanks :)

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 15:21

on the server is often a lot of players, so I suspect that the vote will be on a different map every few seconds. Everyone will want to play something else ...
Talib have a good idea to add sometimes in week another campaigns for a variety. It can spice up the gameplay. And maybe think about frequent panzer war, snaiper war, the war on knifes ...?? :idea:

Peace
Troyan

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Tue Oct 02, 2012 15:37

we as EC will start up some events again for the flame/panzer/more wars. Rest, plz NO mapvoting.

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2012