No adrenaline sticks
26%
All other classes have adrenaline sticks but not medic
2%

Total votes : 54
Official Member

Postby LumpiZupf » Thu Apr 26, 2012 23:09

Pro adre!

I have always and will always be an adre junkie.

I often hear that I cannot kill anyone without adre, or that I am just a mindless rambo. I have prooven that I can kill without adre, and I almost always play for objective. That's what I need the adre for. You guys know that I play medic and no matter if I play here or on PS1, I am best medic on many maps.
With adre it is much easier to surprise the enemy and heal some fallen guys. Even if you die chances are that one of your mates will heal you back.

Also most of the time now I have severe problems with my aim. what should I do if I cannot hit anything? If that is the case I am best medic for sure ;) If I had no adre, I would not even come near the battlefield to heal someone, so I could not help my team at all.

If ppl are not helping with the objective, they will not do it with or without adre. Also I prefer to be killed by the rambo medic rather than by the camper medic.

Cheers,
Lumpi.

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Sun May 13, 2012 1:15

I hate to poke in this discussion once it have been more or less ended by majority of PS#FnO players but I think I might have found a census that both sides could agree on ...

Basically you'd have some maps with adre (fun maps) and without adre (obj maps). In a balanced rotation (as in obj maps making about half of the maps) both parties would be satisfied and it wouldn't cause player loss - if you don''t like adre you'd just wait for the other map to kick in.

An example might be in order:
[some maps in rotation ...]
Baserace - with adre, you don't like adre, cool, you wait for the next map
Adlernest - map where adre would clearly be used mostly in fight, on this one adre would be disabled
[another adre map]
[another obj map]
[other maps in rotation]

As the abolishment or reduction of adre sticks was not the option how does this strike you? Doing so might also really live up to the name PS#FunNObj :).

As an alternative I thought of a lua script that would basically call a vote on adre enable/disable and should the vote be successful changes would be made. This option (and I can hear daghel again) is a prob of democracy and some players might disconnect cos of the result of the vote, and cos of that reason I do not relish it as the way I described above.

Again sorry for reopening, but I'd like to know your thoughts on this :).

[C]

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sun May 13, 2012 1:25

I don't like the lua idea because it generates the same uncertainty as the map voting. You don't know when what setting will be chosen so you can't wait for adre/no adre. And besides that, you get probably spammed with adre votes (could be solved but still not very favorable.)

Usage of adre could be included in the map rotation, but even further, why not making a pro cfg and a fun cfg and combine that with maps in the rotation. fun map = fun cfg and pro map = pro cfg. So both parties can have their way in some way. But do not do this before we host our coming events :)

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Sun May 13, 2012 1:33

egglaf wrote:I don't like the lua idea because it generates then same uncertainty as the map voting. You don't know when what setting will be chosen so you can't wait for adre/no adre. And besides that, you get probably spammed with adre votes (could be solved but still not very favorable.)

Well I wasn't fond of the idea myself, I just suggested it as a sort of 2nd-best if someone might see it being more realistic than the 1st suggested change...

egglaf wrote:Including usage of adre could be included, but even further, why not making a pro cfg and a fun cfg and combine that with maps in the rotation. fun map = fun cfg and pro map = pro cfg. So both parties can have their way in some way. But do not do this before we host our coming events :)

What I suggest is associating maps with adre (on or off), and in such a way that it goes like: adre map, no adre map, adre map, no adre map, ... (even maps - no adre, odd maps - adre). That was the idea basically :). (egg, this is the part to focus on :P)

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sun May 13, 2012 1:44

ckEy wrote:
egglaf wrote:Including usage of adre could be included, but even further, why not making a pro cfg and a fun cfg and combine that with maps in the rotation. fun map = fun cfg and pro map = pro cfg. So both parties can have their way in some way. But do not do this before we host our coming events :)

What I suggest is associating maps with adre (on or off), and in such a way that it goes like: adre map, no adre map, adre map, no adre map, ... (even maps - no adre, odd maps - adre). That was the idea basically :).

And I suggested that it is possible to extend that further, you could think about DJ, and maybe other cvars, straight/guided panzer, or just as you mentioned only adre.

It would anyhow make the server more dynamic, it is something to think about I think :).

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Sun May 13, 2012 1:46

egglaf wrote:And I suggested that it is possible to extend that further, you could think about DJ, and maybe other cvars, straight/guided panzer, or just as you mentioned only adre.

Sure, but as this topic is Adre related I disliked going off topic :).

egglaf wrote:It would anyhow make the server more dynamic, it is something to think about I think :).

+1 :>

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sun May 13, 2012 2:34

Indeed. Not necessarily all maps need (of course my true opinion is that none of the maps need :D) adrenaline. So making it more versatile would make it more interesting and that way it would bring that balance to the gameplay.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun May 13, 2012 9:09

ckEy wrote:It would anyhow make the server more dynamic,

No, but more chaotic yes.
I don't like pro maps, no dj and no adre. So instead of waiting i'd call a vote to load next map. And i bet most of players in similar situation would do the same (in both 'sides'). And that would lead to big mess. Votes every 2 min, different settings each map. Why change something is working good? Better, is the greater enemy of good. :wink:

Anyway the compromise is always in discussions proposed by loosing side and its for weaks only :)

Adre <3
Chaos is the only true answer.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sun May 13, 2012 9:52

Daghel wrote:
[s]ckEy[/s]Egglaf wrote:It would anyhow make the server more dynamic,

Learn to quote nabby, I said that. But besides that it might be an opportunity to improve the server for both 'sides' as you call it. I could see a rotation for me with mostly normal maps like it is now, some fun maps with more fun orientated settings, and some pro maps with more pro settings. It has not be so black and white, especially not since the compromise seems to work good.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun May 13, 2012 9:52

If we take a look at the orignal poll I would say that no adre + 1 adre stick can be seen both as the same category. Everyone who voted no adre probably agrees better with 1 adre stick than 14 of them. Or any other possible adre reduction measure.

If we take them together it's 27 votes for adre reduction v.s. 20 votes for 14 adre sticks.

Personally I am waiting for a judgment from the server owners. I think we discussed enough for the moment.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Sun May 13, 2012 10:23

Daghel wrote:I don't like pro maps, no dj and no adre. So instead of waiting i'd call a vote to load next map...Votes every 2 min...

Well they are in anyway. And from my own experience such maps are being played more often than the so called 'not pro maps', but that is quite beside the point and I don't to argue about that (so do not focus on this part when you react on this reply).

The point is that when there is a part of rotation majority dislikes they do vote nextmap even now, with the previous rotation it usually did happen with even 5 maps in a row skipped (with 12 or more players), so I do think this argument is invalid cos such a thing is possible even now and has happened more than once.

If you still want to argue your case with this vote thingy and in case such a vote would indeed occur one of the following would happen:
1) all are in favour - next map, no hard feelings,
2) there are more players who like the map and vote no; as far as voting goes at the moment the no-voting players have an advantage (it is not 1:1) and therefore the map would stay,
3) majority is in favour, next map gets loaded and yes some might feel fed up about it but I would like to remind you that this does happen even now with next map voting so again arguing about it is not valid.

About the fact that you dislike certain maps; I also do not like some maps, as this crazy basketball-inspired thingy, so what I do is that I simply wait for another map. Surely this can't be that hard, or can it? ;)

Daghel wrote:Anyway the compromise is always in discussions proposed by loosing side and its for weaks only :)

I have no vested interest in either disabling or enabling adre and therefore I don't see myself as being a member of either side, winning or losing side as you describe it, but it seems to me as though you are being inflexible and as being a member of the winning side you struggle for the status quo to be left untouched.
Also I would like to think that that a compromise, as being acceptable to both extreme wings of the adre prob, is better than an extreme solution (only adre, no adre).

[C]

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sun May 13, 2012 16:41

I didn't read all recent posts, but coming back to ckey's post that refreshed this topic:
- such script, on/off adre on certain maps would be probably too complex
- assuming that ppl would 'wait for next map' with or without adre is nonsense - they will just disconnect

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sun May 13, 2012 16:59

+1337 what smadje said

Official Member

Postby deep » Sun May 13, 2012 17:29

I think it's a good idea overall to give the minority a chance to play how they would like to. The 'pro' style which actually has nothing to do with adre, but is popularly used here, is also (like ckey said) promoting obj play.

One way to implement no-adre would be by disabling it on certain maps, just like DJ is. No need for a completely different cfg. I think it's possible to get used to, especially on small maps.

Server owners could at least give it a try by making a short trial period to see whether if players would vote for next maps that have adre on, keep playing without adre or wait for the next map.

Spam Kid

Postby afk70 » Sun May 13, 2012 19:46

Just remove adre for the medics, probably the only class that doesnt need it.
Im sure this option will be fine for everyone ;)

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun May 13, 2012 20:14

Look at the poll again.

1 vote for that, lol.
Image :wth:

Spam Kid

Postby afk70 » Sun May 13, 2012 20:34

SpyCow wrote:Look at the poll again.

1 vote for that, lol.

Polls say what u want to read.
I talk about the chats I had with ppl :
noone will whine about an engi full of adre going for obj.

lol 2 :p

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Mon May 14, 2012 19:21

afk got a point:D spy is nab:D

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Mon May 14, 2012 19:39

2... And still not even close. :D
Image :wth:

Spam Kid

Postby Sc4r » Tue May 29, 2012 15:34

Until now I have remained neutral to understand the general thought, but now I want to express my thoughts.

Betinho wrote:i vote for 14 adre...adrenaline is a part of no quarter...we have to accept that.

I could give many explanations about why remove the adrenaline or not, but honestly no point in discussing an issue that has already had many answers. However NQ with all her stupid rules can be beautiful or ugly but it's always NQ and for this reason that many still play to ET and not to COD4 or BC2 so I think we should leave it as it is, until there will be someone playing in the ET of ever, and we shouldnt raise stupid issues about what part of the game and from which everyone can have advantages.

Daghel wrote:If you complain about adrenaline then please, play at ETpro server without it.

As others have already said NQ is not the place to do the etpro players, therefore if you use the adrenaline or not (are personal choices) should not be a problem for anybody because we are here to have fun on a multiplayer game that I think is the best of ever and I do not know if it will exist another games that will give me the same emotions as et.

PS:

DMG_Kowi wrote:I came to conclusion that adre thing isn't about that it's more/less pro or obj. Adre case comes down to its usage in gun combat. But look at the situation where engy has to do something alone. In such situation his chances vs medic on adre are quite lowered (and please don't come up with argument "he can also use adre").

Daghel wrote:If engie has to do something alone, he should predict when/if enemy can come, or wait for teammates to support him. He always must to take a risk while constructing/destroying stmg. But it's not an argument again, even less - it's nonsense. Let's disable air strikes or granades, coz it's also lowering engie chances to survive. Apples and oranges.

The final part is really fun :rofl: :rofl:

@ DMG_Kowi:

Not all players have the problems that you describe, because there are many players that even from engineers can pown many adre medic. Will not tell you the names that we all know...
The adrenaline does not give any advantage over a player's skill, only freeze the stamina that normally they have all the players even if they do not you use the adrenaline.

I fully agree with Betinho and Daghel.

Previous

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2012