DISCUSSION: Trickplant or not

Old server topics and posts from 2012, Read only
Veteran

Postby Ajit » Thu Jun 30, 2011 14:31

There are much more places where you can plant dyna and destory things. I won't say those here because then people will start using them.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Jun 30, 2011 16:08

Diamond wrote:
DMG_Kowi wrote:As Death said, designers haven't meant dyna to be planted like this. But since dyna has some specified radius of explosion it will always happen.

It's not the radius, it's a map bug like I said. There's a invisible trigger box around the destroyable object. The dynamite has to be planted inside that box. And in the case of goldrush that box is so big that you can plant further away from the obstacle.

Damn, sure it's that way. I should have known this. Easier to implement and easier for map designer.

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:07

DMG_Kowi wrote:
Diamond wrote:
DMG_Kowi wrote:As Death said, designers haven't meant dyna to be planted like this. But since dyna has some specified radius of explosion it will always happen.

It's not the radius, it's a map bug like I said. There's a invisible trigger box around the destroyable object. The dynamite has to be planted inside that box. And in the case of goldrush that box is so big that you can plant further away from the obstacle.

Damn, sure it's that way. I should have known this. Easier to implement and easier for map designer.

Actually, dyna doesnt need to be planted in the box, but it needs to explode inside it. Thats one part of the trickplanting - to plant dyna outside and deliver it inside. There are numerous ways to do it, and it could be a little problem, as it dont trigger "dyna planted" message

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:15

Keeks wrote:Actually, dyna doesnt need to be planted in the box, but it needs to explode inside it. Thats one part of the trickplanting - to plant dyna outside and deliver it inside. There are numerous ways to do it, and it could be a little problem, as it dont trigger "dyna planted" message

For example on incoming tank?

Spam Kid

Postby Evo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 17:29

Not a trickplant

Server High Admin

Postby BigOgr » Sat Jul 09, 2011 19:22

No, i think its not a trickplant. Axis can reach dymamite without any tj.

Greets
zuberek

Spam Kid

Re: DISCUSSION: Trickplant or not

Postby Vaakku » Sun Aug 07, 2011 23:19

Just a quick question regarding the same barrier. I've now witnessed a couple of times when allies plant the dynamite on the bridge above the barrier (or more precisely on the shelf next to the bridge, but still up there). Here's a picture to illustrate the exact spot:

Of course planting there isn't technically what we call a trick plant because getting there requires only normal jumps and can be done without other assistance. So therefore it doesn't violate the rules per se - unless it is a bugged location or deemed otherwise illegal. If nothing else, it is a spot far more easier for allies to access than any location on the ground (or the stairs) and it takes approximately double the time for axis engineers to get to from the spawn, compared to the 'normal' locations.

So which one is it: a legal fast forward for allies, a bugged location (barrier hitbox too large?) or something else? Please give reasons to your claim, I'm not interested in going through a lot of "imho yes" answers.
Quack!

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Aug 08, 2011 0:38

As you told it , it's clearly not something you can call a "trickplant". It's also not a bug but a part of a map design which can be used by normal ways by allies to have an advantages on axis. Sure, the barrier hitbox is created for the original map (without this lil corridor) but can we call it a bug? for me not. I m pretty sure that this lil modification (beside the fact that it's an acces to go on the top of axis spawn) was done on pourpose to give more possibilities to allies engineers . Since that , i see no real reason to disallow it, it's axis job to prevent allies engineers to get there. I never warned a player for that and will keep acting same till somebody give me real facts :wink: .

Bronze Star

Postby DennizOlof » Sun Aug 28, 2011 20:15

Vaakku, hmm.

That location should not be allowed, to plant dynamite. Becaus it will be hard for axis to get there and defuse the bomb. Against the rules or not, I don't know. But it should not be allowed, local rule for goldrush map or something. But planting at stairs can be allowed becaus it is not hard for axis to get there are defuse, so equal for both teams, sort ot.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:10

BOWDOWN wrote:As you told it , it's clearly not something you can call a "trickplant". It's also not a bug but a part of a map design which can be used by normal ways by allies to have an advantages on axis. Sure, the barrier hitbox is created for the original map (without this lil corridor) but can we call it a bug? for me not. I m pretty sure that this lil modification (beside the fact that it's an acces to go on the top of axis spawn) was done on pourpose to give more possibilities to allies engineers . Since that , i see no real reason to disallow it, it's axis job to prevent allies engineers to get there. I never warned a player for that and will keep acting same till somebody give me real facts :wink: .

Here is your answer, Denniz, it is allowed and it is also fair in a certain way since planting downstairs for allies is really hard and the defuse for the axis is quite easy. And starting with local map rules is not a direction we want to take since we prefer straight rules for each map above a messy swamp of local and non local rules.

Off topic: Nice to see you on the forums.

Bronze Star

Postby TheAviatorOne » Mon Aug 29, 2011 16:40

I totally disagree with trickplanting and I do not see it as "part of the game." It's abusing the glitches/bugs of the game. Just plant it as it was ment for and everything is more fun and fair. There are alot of people who do not know how to defuse a "trick-dynamite" so they're not able to do their objective job. Just plant it like the normal way.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Aug 29, 2011 16:55

I suggest you start reading before posting :). We don't classify it as a trickplant and therefore it is allowed. (Accoording to Bowdown)

Bronze Star

Postby TheAviatorOne » Mon Aug 29, 2011 17:02

I know, but because the hitbox of these destroyable constructions, people are abusing it. If it is allowed or not.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Aug 29, 2011 17:48

TheAviatorOne wrote:I know, but because the hitbox of these destroyable constructions, people are abusing it. If it is allowed or not.

People are using it, not abusing, we see the hitbox as a design consideration of the mapper here.

Spam Noob

Postby MADMAXX » Mon Aug 29, 2011 17:57

WHAT IS TRICK PLANT?

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:02

MADMAXX wrote:WHAT IS TRICK PLANT?

What Google is?
What a troll is?

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:13

FlowerPower wrote:
MADMAXX wrote:WHAT IS TRICK PLANT?

What Google is?
What a troll is?

You took me this out of my mouth... even though it's not that hygienic 8)
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Bronze Star

Postby TheAviatorOne » Tue Aug 30, 2011 14:02

Bronze Star

Postby DennizOlof » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:52

Thanks egg :D

Well I don't know to much of the rules, allowed of not, I don't make the rules and if it is allowed, so be it. My main goal is to have fun and play the game and I like the PS servers. So it is up to the more pro-players to make up the rules.

Talented Spammer

Postby dmg_arg4el » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:48

Ok, so you guys settled that trickplant is allowed. What about PS fun&obj? Does that rule is on that server too? One says it it, one says it isnt. I dont know.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:05

Check here what is allowed and what is forbidden: http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules/rulebook/
Not really a tough task. ;)

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:14

Saukko wrote:Check here what is allowed and what is forbidden: http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules/rulebook/
Not really a tough task. ;)

-*S

Rulebook states "Don't trickplant", but it doesn't define where exactly we have trickplant. And this is usually a matter of discussion: "is it trickplant or not?".

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Apr 21, 2012 15:21

The only reading of our rulebook wont in fact give you a clear answer.So, two possibilities, ask F&O owners to decide about and end all discussions by a definitive verdict. Or, do it on more democratic way by running a poll if admins are agree about this way.
As far as PS1 is concerned, we clearly don t warn players for this "trick planting" and for me it don t screw up the game in anayway. The fact that i never have any complaints about in server just confirm it. Our both servers have to apply the exact same rules , so we indeed need to close this debate once and for all. Lets see what other admins think about all that :wink: .

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sat Apr 21, 2012 15:21

It is a trickplant when you arm the dynamite to a place where you need to trickjump and make it unreachable to defuse. Meaning that you need to do trickjump to reach the dynamite or you need your teammate's help to reach the dynamite.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Apr 21, 2012 15:44

The term of trickplant is indeed not appropriated here but it was used during the whole topic and that s why i keep using it but put in on " ". The subject is more about using bugs so you can call it "Bug using" or what ever you want. The main goal of Glodrush-GA is to make the map more easier for allies since in classic version its pretty impossible or damn hard for allies to do objs, at least on big servers. So, maybe i m worng but for me its a kinda intentional add-on to give allies engrs more possibilities to destroy barriers. Now, what we need is a final official decision to avoid confusions for players and members.

PreviousNext

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2012