Making !warn command public ?

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Bronze Star

Making !warn command public ?

Postby DennizOlof » Fri Dec 02, 2011 23:47

Now that !maps is possible for anyone to use on the server, how about doing the same for !warn command.

Reason why is that some ppl including my self do stupid stuff (probably becaus I am retarted sometimes) and forget that I did something wrong, becaus I don't play to often, and I forget stuff caus I am stupid sometimes, rulebreaking. The reason is that I think most people don't read the chat text while playing, you are focused on the game. And if you do something wrong you will probably not notice this in the text field as it is use for chat and other things. This is mostly true when there are lots of players playing on the server.

Maby the command could be enhanced by some flashing or a flash on the players screen to for those who play without sound. If it is even possible to do that, otherwise one rule on the server could be that you must play with sound to be able to hear the !warn command. I use headphones, and when not using them they are close to my screen and I can still hear the sounds more or less.

The !warn function is great to call players (or player) attension to the chat text field. But not everyone can use it. I take it that the !maps function is working and has not been abused just becaus it is public (anyone can use it).

So is this good or bad ?

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Fri Dec 02, 2011 23:56

i don't think that it is a good idea, cause some players probably don't know whats right and wrong and will warn for reasons, which aren't worth a warn or are even wrong with there warnings. even if a warn is pretty harmless in the end, i woudln't give it to everyone, cause it will be messed up at the end.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Sat Dec 03, 2011 0:09

pain to say this but i agree with icy,

like you said !maps command arent abused but the vote where people can make votes is getting abused sometimes (i never make stupid polls :lol:)

however i still think a simple !pip gets the attention more of a player then a warn especially on a crowded server.

and as already pointed out the warn doesnt give much of an addition lets put it in an example:

- A new player comes to the server and speaks his own language, probally most of you would use the instant !warn command because well its easier then to try to talk to that player, would you stay on a server where you just getted and dont know the rules yet and get instanly warned for those small things? i guess not

- A cheater comes on the server you think he cares about a warn? well ofcourse not.

i think most players are mature enough to know the different between a rulebreak and a rulebreak (if you get what i mean with this)

how many times a day you see someone talking in a non english way on the mainchat, when i play i see it alot. but as long it are just little things i think there isnt a big problem (ofcourse when its insulting it isnt allowed)

we should just enjoy the game, have fun and dont worry about everything:)

though the idea you give is a good one i think it doesnt add anything but alot of work (serverowners need to check warns everytime)

if someone is doing something really bad and no admins are online just /record and post it on the forum:)

blazing!

thanks diamond:)

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sat Dec 03, 2011 0:23

I rememebr back many years ago I was not even allowed to !pip or !pop people who did rulebreak, I got warned instead. But yes as told !pip or !pop will get admins' attenttion surely, at least it would get mine.

So shortly said, no changes.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:44

No admins reaction = /m -|PS|- get attention
No admins available = use available commands to get attencion on rulebreaker
No rulebreaker attention = make a demo and send to HA via forums or report on forums

I will completely disagree to give admin rights to regular players or whatsover, only people authorized to use adequate commands are allowed to get attention by warns or punishments. Otherwuse it would just bring the mess on servers.
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:40

No, do you know how manwy problems this would cause?

Official Member

Postby Evil » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:52

Toup wrote:No, do you know how manwy problems this would cause?

alot....

and thats why id say leave it as it is now.
people can handout warns with pop pip or whatever when no admin is online
or screenshot / record and put it on forums.

but warn should be from -|PS|-Member and above..

Spam Lord

Postby ErsGuterJunge » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:55

warn only for members :P

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:41

lol Ers easy for you to say you are lvl 7 :P
!warn or no !warn what will you get if you have that command?
like now you !warn him and will stop doing shit?hehe,comn,if somebody is doing shit only !kick or !ban will help nothing else,!warn command is more like help for those who can kick or ban people,like name of command says itself,!warn or you will get !kick in the ass.

Spam Lord

Postby ErsGuterJunge » Sun Dec 11, 2011 17:33

someone will stop after warn but only5%
rest needs kicks and ban if needed

Bronze Star

Postby DennizOlof » Mon Dec 12, 2011 14:02

Ok, I see, my fault then.

So anyone can do !pip or !pop username

Ok so maby using the same sound on those commands as warn could be a good thing or ?

I would rather see in the rules that you first have to use !pip och !pop and get users attension so they can explain why they did that, or that they can then say, ooppss my misstake I will not do that again.

And if that don't work you can then record and post it in forum, and the user will then face the PS crew for punishment.

Official Member

Postby Evil » Mon Dec 12, 2011 15:05

DennizOlof wrote:Ok, I see, my fault then.

So anyone can do !pip or !pop username

Ok so maby using the same sound on those commands as warn could be a good thing or ?

I would rather see in the rules that you first have to use !pip och !pop and get users attension so they can explain why they did that, or that they can then say, ooppss my misstake I will not do that again.

And if that don't work you can then record and post it in forum, and the user will then face the PS crew for punishment.

its always a smart thing to record and screenshot to have proof about it.
pip pop is just a fun command that pop lost your hat and pip you see some stars (sometimes you dont see nothing) its not a real warning command
not we cannot give it a sound and we shouldnt admins / members are here to warn if not best way is to make evidence and post them.
but as regular ofc you can help but its not that you realy can warn players arround.

Bronze Star

Postby DennizOlof » Tue Dec 13, 2011 22:00

Evil, aha I see.

Hmm, but how about creating a new command, so that anyone can use it.

Like !call username and that inturn plays a sound (not warning sound) but something else. At least then most users would stop playing and look at the text field to check whats up.

Or that might not be possible or ?

Official Member

Postby Evil » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:11

DennizOlof wrote:Evil, aha I see.

Hmm, but how about creating a new command, so that anyone can use it.

Like !call username and that inturn plays a sound (not warning sound) but something else. At least then most users would stop playing and look at the text field to check whats up.

Or that might not be possible or ?

that might be posible but i dont think bowdown or sebbel would put that on ps1.
iam not a server admin eighter tho i have experiance can only let you know that its able to have it.

i know its fustrated when no admin is arround to warn players.
but hey we are all human and have serval amount of things to take care aswell ;)

try to be supportive report whenever you can id say is best option 8)

Official Member

Postby Hazardous » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:10

Yeah I kind of agree with Evil here actually. (By the way, Hi Evil, finally! :) )

But I have to say DennizOlof, it's really nice to see that you care so much for this. :)

That is very appreciated by us! :)

I'll be sure to abuse you in the future with some nice commands. ;)

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011