Uneven/unbalanced teams issue

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Server Owner

Uneven/unbalanced teams issue

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Oct 29, 2011 18:30

The problem is well known by admins and players so to talk about would be to waste time in idle chatter. Fed up to see eternal ineffective requests from admins, useless discussions, chidlish crys and tears from switched guys and the global waste of time for admins and players we have decided to fix the problem once and for all.

Thanks to -|PS|-Mem , we have now a lua script running on PS1 which make our admins able to even teams with a single command.

How it works? the script will randomly pick up the needed numbers of players on players list (including PS members) and even teams. For questions of evenness, players and members have the same chance to be picked up. So,i hope i wont see no more complaints and infantile reactions now that the problem is solved and have to say in a fair way.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sat Oct 29, 2011 18:33

Very nice job Mem, this will make the administration of the server a lot easier. :)

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Oct 29, 2011 18:40

egglaf wrote:Very nice job Mem, this will make the administration of the server a lot easier. :)

And let's hope many other new useful or fun scripts in near future : stats scripts etc ... :wink: .

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sat Oct 29, 2011 18:41

BOWDOWN wrote:
egglaf wrote:Very nice job Mem, this will make the administration of the server a lot easier. :)

And let's hope many other new useful or fun scripts in near future : stats scripts etc ... :wink: .

Give us a shopinglist then :)

Official Member

Postby __Mr-Unknown__ » Sat Oct 29, 2011 18:53

I know the problem. And it's a fantastic solution to it. Now u all have the same chance to be picked for the other team. So the whining about "why picking me" will be blamed since today by the faith or the randomness of the chance.

Keep up the good work :good:
Stay Tuned, Stay Prime-Squadron

Veteran

Postby mem » Sat Oct 29, 2011 18:55

thx to you, wouldn't have had the idea to try lua scripting without seeing yours !
and thx for the advices and debugging, too :)

egglaf wrote:
BOWDOWN wrote:

Give us a shopinglist then :)

stats are for me, get the next request if you wish to but this one is mine ! :P
Last edited by mem on Sat Oct 29, 2011 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sat Oct 29, 2011 18:58

mem wrote:get the next request if you wish too but this one is mine ! :P

Autokick for snuffel/wolfie, when he starts whining? ;)

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:10

For what level is the !teams cmd enabled, and could it be added to !help?

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:16

Mem da genius :[]. Nice, very nice :good:

Official Member

Postby xochi » Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:35

lovely good job memphos euh i mean mem

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:41

egglaf wrote:For what level is the !teams cmd enabled, and could it be added to !help?

Avaliable for all members (from level 8 ) and i will keep it like this since it can be used by newbies same as experienced admins without real risks.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sat Oct 29, 2011 20:09

Does it consider the fact that someone may have nice long spree at the moment of being put? Eh? Pseudo-random spree breaking :(

But this gonna be good anyway.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sat Oct 29, 2011 20:19

DMG_Kowi wrote:Does it consider the fact that someone may have nice long spree at the moment of being put? Eh? Pseudo-random spree breaking :(

A true player doesn't care about a spree.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Sat Oct 29, 2011 20:24

Saukko wrote:
DMG_Kowi wrote:Does it consider the fact that someone may have nice long spree at the moment of being put? Eh? Pseudo-random spree breaking :(

-*S

how about when someone is holding obj?

nitpicking, yeah i know, but it would be nice if this can be avoided, if it cant it doesnt matter too much. The change of this happening is low anyways ^^

Official Member

Postby Death » Sat Oct 29, 2011 20:25

Saukko wrote:

-*S

True saukko but for a lot of NQ players stats/spree/xp is important. However i think it's impossible to implement this in the script being created now and i think it's just something that you have to live with. ;)

PS: Admins/members can watch what team is holding obj and if there is a chance that person will be picked.

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Oct 29, 2011 20:35

As said above, it's not automatic but by command, mean that a real person (a member) have to notice and decide that team are uneven/unbalanced and type the command. Guess that, if a player is holding the obj at this moment, the member will wait or "manualy" (with classic !put cmd) switch a player. Now, if ever it happen, let'say it would not be a drama ... after all, the best would be to see many mature and fair players doing this kind of things by their own, but let's stop dreaming :wink: .

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sat Oct 29, 2011 20:39

Good work Mem!
I already noticed it on the server and it's very nice!
I hope a lot more nice scripts will follow. :D
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Veteran

Postby mem » Sun Oct 30, 2011 0:43

Toup wrote:Mem da genius :[]. Nice, very nice :good:

lazy-lion wrote:Good work Mem!
I already noticed it on the server and it's very nice!
I hope a lot more nice scripts will follow. :D

happy to see such comments (lol, genius, me ? whehehe, mad one then :P), but don't forget that egg made all fun hours scripts !
he's quite busy with... well, don't wanna spoil it, but he's quite busy with some good stuff incoming, without that this script could have been his work ^^

Dre_of_chaos wrote:
Saukko wrote:

-*S

how about when someone is holding obj?

nitpicking, yeah i know, but it would be nice if this can be avoided, if it cant it doesnt matter too much. The change of this happening is low anyways ^^

spree ? well, is that more important than fairplay ?
i don't think so but that's my two cents...
if loosing spree really make a lot of people so sad while playing in the strongest team don't disturb them, i'll perhaps take a look at this point

by cons i note the comment about the obj and will try to protect players holding it from being switched, thx for the suggestion dre, good one :)

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sun Oct 30, 2011 0:47

I didn't found a way to detect if a player haves an objective, but there is a solution what I passed to mem. Wait for an upgrade :)

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:13

Kudos for your contribution Memi. Well done, hope this will fix the issue
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Official Member

Postby wuju » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:18

I just want to say BIG THANK YOU :)

It works perfect, now there wont be comments like "why me" :D

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:23

wuju wrote:I just want to say BIG THANK YOU :)

It works perfect, now there wont be comments like "why me" :D

Except for those who aren't aware it picks a random player. They'll get used to it.

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:52

as i said you in the server, great job mem :)

Official Member

Postby SturmGonzo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:48

well.. spree/obj lost if picked up randomly.. just have sence of fairness and even the teams by urself without any cmd is the best way to avoid it :roll: :roll:

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:12

SturmGonzo wrote:well.. spree/obj lost if picked up randomly.. just have sence of fairness and even the teams by urself without any cmd is the best way to avoid it :roll: :roll:

in recent months I can say that I switch teams like madman (to even them ofc)

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011