79%
I'm not sure.
5%
No opinion.
7%

Total votes : 43
Bronze Star

Postby TheAviatorOne » Mon Aug 29, 2011 16:46

cabrita wrote:better idea is kick ppl more easy when tb/tk, this way they will learn :D

That's true. First of all warn them, then a kick and third time a (limited) ban. Won't be a bad idea. There's also an option in the nq.cfg that kicks people out of the server who tk/tb too much.

Code: Select all
// Team Bleed Restrictions
// set g_teamDamageRestriction 0
// set g_minHits 6

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Mon Aug 29, 2011 16:48

Well I think that would be a good idea.
Maybe set it to a reasonble amount?
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Mon Aug 29, 2011 16:52

Fine lazy, I'll give you a few reasons.

It should stay exactly the same as before because tb/tk also has its uses.

TB: You are a medic and a teammate needs healing but has more than 35hp, put 1 bullet in his legs and needle him. Usefull right?

TK: 2 engi's are defending the obj (= me and mtdman), one is at full health and the other is low health. TK the one with low health and revive him. Usefull right?

Removing stuff like this doesn't only take away a problem, it also gives problems.

Oh and being a cov ops will be annoying... it will get even more easier to check if it's a cov op in disguise or if it's a teammate.

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Mon Aug 29, 2011 20:39

You have some good points there Dre, but if you set an amount of like 500hp. Which is too much imo. You can still damage your teammates for positive purposes, right?
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Spam Kid

Postby Vaakku » Mon Aug 29, 2011 23:06

Concerning automatic penalties on team damage I'm going to quote myself from a thread we had a while back:

Absolute values of team damage are of little use - unless of course they are in many thousands. The ratio of team damage dealt to damage dealt is a much better estimate regarding rule breaking - and even that is not very good. And certainly can't be used for automatic penalties, can it? Any automatic warns or some such are also pretty much moot because heavy weapons may reach the limits easily while light weapons hardly ever.

Should team damage directly penalise players, any user of heavy weapons and even rifle and normal 'nades will completely impair himself. Watching out and avoiding all but the tiniest amounts of td makes it simply not worth using any weapon of splash damage. And even if - let's say the panzer guy - is super careful and only shoots when team mates are not anywhere to be hit, it doesn't stop tk/td for the panzer is too slow and people will run into its way or explosion radius. Mortar, you can barely see where you are shooting at, is it worth risking the 100+ td for each shot? Mines, hell you can't control the td at all. The list goes on.

I'm not saying people shouldn't try to be more careful or that td wouldn't be an issue at all. I recognise the same slight increase in td but apart from dealing with the intentional ones manually and enlightening the rest, there is not much to do. The weapons are just too different for automatic penalties.

tl;dr:

Automatic filters look for absolute values. These won't work because weapons deal different amounts of damage and people play the maps anything from seconds to 30+ minutes. Td isn't that big an issue compared to everything else the admins deal with and can be handled manually.
Quack!

Veteran

Postby mem » Tue Sep 20, 2011 13:01

Topic runs since a while now, but didn't notice..

noquarter wiki wrote:g_friendlyFire
Parameters
Type: bitmask

4 Friendly fire does an equal amount of damage to the inflictor

wanna less headless chickens around ? make them kills themselves :twisted:

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 13:34

mem wrote:Topic runs since a while now, but didn't notice..

noquarter wiki wrote:g_friendlyFire
Parameters
Type: bitmask

4 Friendly fire does an equal amount of damage to the inflictor

wanna less headless chickens around ? make them kills themselves :twisted:

poor fieldops
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Veteran

Postby mem » Tue Sep 20, 2011 14:40

not sure that arty and air strike damages are reflected, if my memory isn't that broken at ps4 it didn't.

anyway, was more some irony than anything else, fops aren't the single problem of this setting, f.e. shoot a guy about whom you have doubts, if that hurts you back he's not a cover ops ^^

Official Member

Postby DonaldDuck » Tue Sep 27, 2011 20:59

No and never will I hope! It is one thing that makes PS1 good server.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:11

Make a ban until the end of the map if someone has a certain TD value? (and not just a kick if over 3000) You gotta be severe to have results ;)

Completely removing FF is a bad idea tho

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Sat Oct 01, 2011 16:22

Thanks Goku, you rememebered me of something.

I haven't seen such a value and I have experienced a nice example; Team damage over 12 000 and a player haven't got auto kicked from server!

I suggest to add/change/update those values, since it's gone
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sat Oct 01, 2011 17:56

Yeyeye, FF off is bad idea.
But something like you suggest would be very well, isn't it?

+1 Goku.:)

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Sat Oct 01, 2011 18:40

So I'm going to get kicked if too many idiots run in my arty if I'm a field ops? Great idea!

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sat Oct 01, 2011 18:50

Dre_of_chaos wrote:So I'm going to get kicked if too many idiots run in my arty if I'm a field ops? Great idea!

Or you can be the idiot which has his arty at the wrong place.

If you set it to a reasonable value it would be okay, I think.

Spam God

Postby -Gighen- » Sat Oct 01, 2011 22:31

CFACF123 wrote:no, no, no, no it would take realistic :x

i'm agree with CFACF123 U.U

-Gighen-

Official Member

Postby SturmGonzo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 18:22

ff should stay, or it's going to be a noob jaymod server lol

but a good point can be the voting for complains without a kick, just a shrubbot cmd like it has in etadmin :tkindex just to see who has to work on his aim and teamplay.. that'ìs imo best thing, but turning it off.. NO! 8)

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:47

There is also even a best option, not reopening an old topic which are kinda "solved" :wink: . Get ready to be abused on server Sturmy :).

locky lock time

/locked

Previous

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011