IdownedU & Denniz spawnkilling

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Official Member

IdownedU & Denniz spawnkilling

Postby St-Shadow » Tue Aug 16, 2011 20:16

Demo

Been typing before to stop, no reaction. Furthermore, IdownedU has been spawnkilling on previous map (Pirates) kind of bigtime (no demo for this)

Perhaps small amount, but twice sk is enough to earn a serious talk about their behaviour.
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Bronze Star

Postby DennizOlof » Tue Aug 16, 2011 20:45

I do not agree on that.

Spawnkilling is a serious offence and will most likely result in a warn (!warn, !burn, !gib) possibly followed by a kick, temporary ban or permanent ban (depending on the situation).

1. I forgot that was spawn on helms deep map, sometimes I do forget as I don't play that often. This happens to others as well.

2. I am used to getting !warn !burn or !gib if I do something wrong. That is allso stated by the rules. This gives ppl a indication that they where doing something wrong.

You can not be serious about ppl reading the chat text and giving the warnings that way. Without first issuing a !warn !freez !gib. I along with others are playing the game, and cant read the CHAT while playing. I only look at the chat text from time to time.

That is what the !warn !burn !gib is for.

Just becaus someone by misstake SK, forget and SK or just misstake and so on should not give them a permanent ban and so on. I am not a good player on ET and TK a lot of becaus I suck. But I still like the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what is there to learn from this.

1. Anyone doing wrong whould allways get !warn and after that !freez (frozen player). That will get anyones attension to CHAT text.

2. I allways play with sound on so a !warn works for most players

3. Perhaps anyone should be able to issue a !warn sound if someone is doing something wrong. And maby that will work, or ppl will abuse it ? I don't know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Tue Aug 16, 2011 21:05

No hard feelings, can happen to anybody, I can understand you don't know the map, that is why I said twice to stop spawnkill. Should be enough.

I reported due to growing rulebreaking last times, perhaps now you will improve, good luck. I am tired of rulebreakers.
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Spam Pro

Postby CFACF » Tue Aug 16, 2011 21:54

THIS is a sharp sk .... and contrary to what Dennis said I should post on the forum whenever that happens :D
thx Falb!k :D

Official Member

Postby Toup » Tue Aug 16, 2011 22:33

Wait why were you standing in spawn almost waiting for someone to kill you?

Official Member

Postby wuju » Tue Aug 16, 2011 23:35

Probably he was recording,

If there was no admin online - good job, and thank you for your
attention Shadow. Sk happens but our rulebook is clear in those situations.
If you are not sure spawn areas in map u dont play long time just
go spec and check it to evade such a situations.

Spam Pro

Postby CFACF » Wed Aug 17, 2011 13:10

Toup wrote:Wait why were you standing in spawn almost waiting for someone to kill you?

shadow let him kill himself because he had already told Dennis to stop the sk :D
thx Falb!k :D

Spam Kid

Postby LyoLevi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 19:33

Imo. If some1 is say to u spawnkill. Why u doin again? Yeah yesterday was hard to play. Enemy go to spawn and shot shot shot... And i think Shadow know s spawn Area if u think for him Wujute :)
Im not an admin but i can say something. Not need to warn every
player if he done sk. If it happen propose simple give harder punishment.

Bronze Star

Postby DennizOlof » Sun Aug 21, 2011 22:07

Sigh.

The one thing that I do not agree with is that you should get a sound warning and then get frozen. Saying nothing and recording just to catch some ppl spawnkilling by misstake is evil and not fair.

That is why you should allways play with sound on, as I do. Then the warning is clear.

Anyway, I can see that you won't change your minds about enforcing the rules regardless of misstakes ppl makes.

Official Member

Postby wuju » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:55

DennizOlof wrote:Sigh.

The one thing that I do not agree with is that you should get a sound warning and then get frozen. Saying nothing and recording just to catch some ppl spawnkilling by misstake is evil and not fair.

That is why you should allways play with sound on, as I do. Then the warning is clear.

Anyway, I can see that you won't change your minds about enforcing the rules regardless of misstakes ppl makes.

Of course shit happens - accidential sk also. But it is not hard to notice when someone accidentaly shoot in spawn, or it is intentional shoot.

U call ppl who care about rules being evil and not fair? Think about it.

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:05

If you accidently spawnkill, can't you just apologize for it? Is it really that hard?

Didn't watch the demo so no further comment from me ^^

Talented Spammer

Postby cabrita » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:38

DennizOlof wrote:Sigh.

i didnt saw the demo so i cant coment but if you skilled before and someone said to stop sk why not record? normally screenshoots and records are used to catch rulebreaks when the server is out of admins.. oh and btw you know that regular players cant !freeze !gib or !warn ? they just can say "stop sk" or take a demo
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(") This is Bunny.Copy and paste bunny to help him conquer the world.

Spam Kid

Postby LyoLevi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 17:19

Hey man! I think ur a regular so u must to know the rules. And not come whit must to warned and etc etc etc. And play whit sounds blablabla.
I think ur lucky that u doesnt kicked or banned for some hour.
And lol agree whit Wujute. If some1 care about rule is not fair and evil. (Omg so Admins are Evil? lol)
I got kicked 1s w/o warn and i dont come here and spoke about my kick like now u talk about how this business work.
Admins choose the punishment...
Btw admins /members make a great job here.
Have a nice day.
Lyo.

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011