Official Member

Postby Toup » Fri Aug 12, 2011 0:59

Definately 1.2.3 :)

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:04

Sure you didn't swapped the pics accidental? :p

Veteran

Postby mem » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:04

So true falb ! NQ looks like a succubus when you see it from afar, but when your curiosity stings it from close, inflatable doll loose all its charm :lol:

Server High Admin

Postby carebear » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:49

1st of all i have to say that i like the new hitboxes! In my opinion its now a bit more difficult to hit the head what gives the game some fresh taste

2nd point i dislike that the maximum amount of medic HP is not anymore at 156. This was one of the best way to get rid of this high amount of players that use "one-shot-one-kill" weapons, especially when the server is full

and last point... i feel that the game speed is much higher with the additional adre power, what i personally appreciate

All in all stay at 1.2.9 but try to bring back the old medic HP level

greetz
carebear

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:11

egglaf wrote:
vulcan wrote:For me, single pistol is also default in all classes.
Today I've played several times with engineer and every map I got single pistol as default.

~Sneaky

it is something in your cfg, someone told me today what it was but I can find it back and I don't know anymore who said it to me, it was something like set cg_limbo_secondary "2" or set cl_limbo_secondary "2"

EDIT: Found it, check this link: http://shitstorm.org/noquarter/wiki/ind ... _secondary

Shame that you don't remember my name. (jk jk) :>
Anyway there can be a problem with it if you use class selector, at least I have: 1. I choose team axis with soldier (has best guns don't know why) 2. I choose medic with one luger (with my class selector) when I spawn and press 2 to see which I have, I have akimbo instead of one luger. It is something to do with thtat when you choose team it will take soldier and gives the best weapons. Anyway this is temporary solved by selecting medic class 3 times. Well this was kinda offtopic but now let's move on ontopic.

- I noticed that every explosive is just so powerful.
- All players were 24/7 with adrenaline.
- Sniper quite powerful without scope.

When I first time tried it on PS1 it felt like 1.2.3, only thing which really did change was hitboxes, I didn't yet notice anything else big change.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:57

Toup wrote:Definately 1.2.3 :)

ofc ps knows the nq 1.2.3 is still beloved, it was a discussion in member forum ...i think you need wait to some change in the short time, some ps server could be changed to ps 1.2.3.

Spam Pro

Postby Lurtz » Fri Aug 12, 2011 14:17

1.2.9. is much better than I expected to be honest. However, I have a weird feeling that game is slower ... I mean players loose stamina faster than before (can someone confirm this?) all I can see its red faces of players overusing adrenaline. This is getting worse and annoying. Like people noticed already every explosion is more powerfull. This makes game harder but also realistic (dying on mine or granate instead of throwing you few meters away) I would leave it as it is now. We have to wait days even weeks to notice if the latest nq version will make ps1 full (so far I have seen few new players)

Official Member

Postby Toup » Fri Aug 12, 2011 15:07

Betinho wrote:
Toup wrote:Definately 1.2.3 :)

ofc ps knows the nq 1.2.3 is still beloved, it was a discussion in member forum ...i think you need wait to some change in the short time, some ps server could be changed to ps 1.2.3.

You know I miss 1.2.3 but I gota get used to 1.2.9, what can you do? Nothing much as changed... Let's see if we do get more players like said before :roll:

Yesterday Palle wasn't playing late in the night, neither Shadow was, I'm getting starting to worry :D!

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Fri Aug 12, 2011 15:54

Toup wrote:Yesterday Palle wasn't playing late in the night, neither Shadow was, I'm getting starting to worry :D!

LOL
Server was kind of empty after the midnight
/offtop
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 16:10

This is very interesting. Everybody get so surprised about this and that in 1.2.9... 'this weapon is soo strong', 'this is sooo slooow', 'players are so this and that...'. It's like you all have discovered some new, unknown land. But you have had 1.2.9 on ps3 and ps5 for so long. You could have at least visit #3 and #5 few times and you wouldn't be so surprised about 1.2.9. This is pity btw. that you have never visited other PS servers and that you are limited to ps1. Now no wonder why other servers have troubles with popularity.
Going back to topic, it's obvious that there are many ps1 regulars who haven't expirienced 1.2.9 (on ps3 for example) and that 1.2.9 settings from #1 may differ from those on #3. But come on, don't treat 1.2.9 like big surprise, like something you hadn't have any idea about.

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Fri Aug 12, 2011 16:24

It's not about that Kowi, we we're told there would be any major changes in settings and there obviously were...

Another change I noticed was that when you get poisoned, you drop your weapon, I hope this setting can be changed because it's annoying as hell.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 16:35

Dre_of_chaos wrote:Another change I noticed was that when you get poisoned, you drop your weapon, I hope this setting can be changed because it's annoying as hell.

Hehe, it's pretty funny when you chase attacker with knife (you're poisoned) and finally u got him with knife.
This is not most annoying part. The most annoying is when somebody heals you and you have bare hands! :D

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Fri Aug 12, 2011 17:25

Does somebody know if it possible to remove the 'award that you earn as lvl 6 cov. op? You can reload your sniper while scoped, though I personally think that is extremely annoying :). I would like to disable it, anyone a idea?
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Fri Aug 12, 2011 17:32

Smadje wrote:Does somebody know if it possible to remove the 'award that you earn as lvl 6 cov. op? You can reload your sniper while scoped, though I personally think that is extremely annoying :). I would like to disable it, anyone a idea?

That would only be possible by disabling that particular skill server-side. Same goes for dropping weapons after being poisoned.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Fri Aug 12, 2011 17:45

Isn't it an idea to set that back? I personally liked that more.

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:09

Since the mod changed, it need some development in commands, like !where-am-i still shows 1.2.3 :)
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:50

St-Shadow wrote:Since the mod changed, it need some development in commands, like !where-am-i still shows 1.2.3 :)

fixed

egglaf wrote:Isn't it an idea to set that back? I personally liked that more.

true u can disable reload while scoped, but this would mean to disable the complete lvl 6 ability "stealthy movement" which contains
Covert Ops can now move at normal speed without making a sound so long as they remain unobserved. They can also exit water silently while holding the crouch or walk buttons. Doors will still open normally.

Dre_of_chaos wrote:Another change I noticed was that when you get poisoned, you drop your weapon, I hope this setting can be changed because it's annoying as hell.

this can be done as apy said if majority wants it
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:32

too many major changes for me, i'll play from time to time but not as much as before

was fun while it lasted ;)

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sat Aug 13, 2011 22:48

Hey,

I noticed that the banners ('Welcome to PS#1 XP-Save','Nextmap is <mapname>',etc) are no more printed on the middle of your screen, but in the announcement area (... was killed by ..., AND HUN't stole the objective, etc)

Was this meant to be so?

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:53

egglaf wrote:AND HUN't stole the objective, etc)

XDXD nice example you got there.

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:18

egglaf wrote:Hey,

I noticed that the banners ('Welcome to PS#1 XP-Save','Nextmap is <mapname>',etc) are no more printed on the middle of your screen, but in the announcement area (... was killed by ..., AND HUN't stole the objective, etc)

Was this meant to be so?

was needed to do so because the messages lengths were too big to announce on center of screen..
something between 1.2.3 and 1.2.9 forced to shorten the messages or put them to the side "chat" area
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25

Same problem can be with kill announcments while specing somebody. Already sent a post to NQ team about these two flaws.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:20

Has been fixed for quite some time in the dev release. Unfortunately it hasn't been made public yet.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Official Member

Postby __Mr-Unknown__ » Sun Aug 14, 2011 17:10

BOWDOWN wrote:Ok guys, here we are. The switch is done. Test the mod and report bugs or wired things you notice :wink: . Settings are same than on 1.2.3 so uneventfully you wont notice big changes and the mod most run smoothly. Have fun :) .

Perfect!! I checked it out this weekend and it all worked smoothly. A big plus for the covert-ops changes for sure.

Except for the banners etc which allready are discussed in this topic. I only missed the location of the players is always 'Unknown' in fireteams. Maby some point which can be improved.

But still i have a little question, my gamma is resetting every 5 mins. I love to play with /r_gamma 2.0 but it switches back to 1.0 everytime. Does it has anything to do with the new version or just me? :P

For the rest there are little changes, and most of them definitely improved the gameplay.
Stay Tuned, Stay Prime-Squadron

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sun Aug 14, 2011 17:25

__Mr-Unknown__ wrote:
BOWDOWN wrote:Ok guys, here we are. The switch is done. Test the mod and report bugs or wired things you notice :wink: . Settings are same than on 1.2.3 so uneventfully you wont notice big changes and the mod most run smoothly. Have fun :) .

Perfect!! I checked it out this weekend and it all worked smoothly. A big plus for the covert-ops changes for sure.

Except for the banners etc which allready are discussed in this topic. I only missed the location of the players is always 'Unknown' in fireteams. Maby some point which can be improved.

But still i have a little question, my gamma is resetting every 5 mins. I love to play with /r_gamma 2.0 but it switches back to 1.0 everytime. Does it has anything to do with the new version or just me? :P

For the rest there are little changes, and most of them definitely improved the gameplay.

Maybe a guess of me.

Do you typ /r_gamma 2.0 in-game? If you do and you do have a cfg. You should go the the ET folder and you'll notice there is a new map called: nq. (Nq1.2.3 has a map which is called NoQuarter, but when you play on 1.2.9 for the first time they create a new map. And I think the problem is that you haven't copy your cfg to the new folder.)

What you should do now is this: You have to copy your cfg from the NoQuarter map to the nq map and (if you haven't) put seta r_gamma "2.0" in that cfg.

I hope this will work. :)
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

PreviousNext

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011