PS1 will be upgraded to NQ 1.2.9

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Server High Admin

Postby RapidHail » Sun Aug 14, 2011 17:30

The problem isn't so simple Lion.The gamma is resetting sometimes when You move out of game to desktop. I haven't find regular case when it happens yet.
-=RapidHail=-: Do or do not... There is no try.
-|PS|- Server Monitor
eRepublik Citizen
Network Toolkit

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sun Aug 14, 2011 19:18

r_ignorehwgamma "1" ?

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sun Aug 14, 2011 19:28

RapidHail wrote:The problem isn't so simple Lion.The gamma is resetting sometimes when You move out of game to desktop. I haven't find regular case when it happens yet.

Damnit, why can't it be so easy. :(
But yes, I sometimes have it when I start ET Minimizer..:(
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Official Member

Postby __Mr-Unknown__ » Sun Aug 14, 2011 21:30

I just changed some things that has at least something to do with gamma. And just tested for some maps on PS#1, but still..... It's just while playing, suddenly the gamma resets. It's a bit annoying when ur in a fight at the darkest places of the maps. Some axis just dissapear at that moment ^^ And if you check the gamma by /r_gamma in console it still says it's 2.0 but the screen definitely got darker... And you can't get it lighter, unless u put an other value in then 2.0.

So it doesn't has anything to do with quiting or minimizing the game. A bit strange and haven't spoke some1 with the same problem, so i guess im special :)
Stay Tuned, Stay Prime-Squadron

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sun Aug 14, 2011 21:43

__Mr-Unknown__ wrote:I just changed some things that has at least something to do with gamma. And just tested for some maps on PS#1, but still..... It's just while playing, suddenly the gamma resets. It's a bit annoying when ur in a fight at the darkest places of the maps. Some axis just dissapear at that moment ^^ And if you check the gamma by /r_gamma in console it still says it's 2.0 but the screen definitely got darker... And you can't get it lighter, unless u put an other value in then 2.0.

So it doesn't has anything to do with quiting or minimizing the game. A bit strange and haven't spoke some1 with the same problem, so i guess im special :)

When you change gamma settings, do \vid_restart in console after that. And also make sure you have \r_ignorehwgamma "1", that will ignore all the hardware gamma settings.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby RapidHail » Sun Aug 14, 2011 22:57

Saukko wrote:
__Mr-Unknown__ wrote:I just changed some things that has at least something to do with gamma. And just tested for some maps on PS#1, but still..... It's just while playing, suddenly the gamma resets. It's a bit annoying when ur in a fight at the darkest places of the maps. Some axis just dissapear at that moment ^^ And if you check the gamma by /r_gamma in console it still says it's 2.0 but the screen definitely got darker... And you can't get it lighter, unless u put an other value in then 2.0.

When you change gamma settings, do \vid_restart in console after that. And also make sure you have \r_ignorehwgamma "1", that will ignore all the hardware gamma settings.-*S

Okk Saukko ;] It is not the problem of that settings. There is a bug somewhere in NQ that suddenly resets it back, like it should but after the game quits. As I said it's not that simple. It happens like that:
You have in game gamma 2.0, then suddenly it resets to Your windows settings (usually 1.0) so it gets darker. You have to write r_gamma 2 again (don't remember if first I have to write r_gamma 1 (or any other value then 2)). I think there is a bug that resets it when a windows come on top or You move out to windows but occurs to rarerly to find it out. A timeout in case of ET crash to reset it back - no idea?
-|PS|- Server Monitor
eRepublik Citizen
Network Toolkit

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Mon Aug 15, 2011 0:30

I experienced same, it happens only when the game suddenly shuts down. Tho it's not 129 fault, happened to me on etpub/noquarter/nq or so
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Server High Admin

Postby RapidHail » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:07

St-Shadow wrote:I experienced same, it happens only when the game suddenly shuts down. Tho it's not 129 fault, happened to me on etpub/noquarter/nq or so

Not that case. When it suddenly quits, the in-game gamma stays in windows. But for that is Gamma Reset available on my site. We are talking that suddenly gamma resets while playing and a window occurs or You click 'Win' key but it is a very variable case.
-|PS|- Server Monitor
eRepublik Citizen
Network Toolkit

Spam Kid

Re: PS1 will be upgraded to NQ 1.2.9

Postby wallian » Wed Aug 17, 2011 13:35

ET is dying, the game loose players years after years

:cry: Sad but true :cry:

But I think that new version of NQ will be a good change for PS1

Official Member

Postby Xulux » Wed Aug 17, 2011 15:17

Hmm, One question... You will do some server with NQ 1.2.3. ? Like on lovely "old " PS1?

Spam Pro

Postby CFACF » Wed Aug 17, 2011 15:58

Xulux wrote:Hmm, One question... You will do some server with NQ 1.2.3. ? Like on lovely "old " PS1?

I doubt xulux 8O
thx Falb!k :D

Official Member

Postby wuju » Wed Aug 17, 2011 22:54

Iam fan of 1.2.3 but i see 1.2.9 is nothing strange.
Its almost the same for me, the one diference i noticed
is rly precise m1. I always had problems with aiming with it
now its kinda easier. Rest is fine. For me it is less laggy.
So since changin mod it looks better and better :)

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:01

What is up with the positions notification in fireteams? Or unknown or disappeared
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Veteran

Postby mem » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:54

St-Shadow wrote:What is up with the positions notification in fireteams? Or unknown or disappeared

Not tested, but perhaps this one ?

NQ client CVAR wrote:cg_locations

Description
Controls behaviour of location views.

Parameters
Type: [0|1|2|3]

0 Coordinates only
1 Names Fire-Team only
2 Names Team-Chat only
3 Team-Chat & Fire-Team

Default: 3

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:04

I see thet medics can still pick up rifle. No more sniper-meds pls.
And don't forget just one stick of adrenaline :)

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:57

FlowerPower wrote:I see thet medics can still pick up rifle. No more sniper-meds pls.

:good:

And don't forget just one stick of adrenaline :)

:bad:

Maybe it's a right time to make riflenades weaker finally?
Chaos is the only true answer.

Official Member

Postby wuju » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:23

St-Shadow wrote:What is up with the positions notification in fireteams? Or unknown or disappeared

Shadow i found solution of that :)

Ill explain u in game but there are opions for FT :)

Server High Admin

Postby tomsen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:35

Daghel wrote:Maybe it's a right time to make riflenades weaker finally?

What ?

Maybe it's a right time to disable adrenaline finally ? Look, you can be so fast without adre, i don't see the point using it. ET is much more then bunny hopping all the time, anyway crouching and sneaking around is more effective.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:05

tomsen wrote:, anyway crouching and sneaking around is more effective.

and boring.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:59

wuju wrote:

Shadow i found solution of that :)

Ill explain u in game but there are opions for FT :)

Can you share it here? I got same problem and maybe others too.

Official Member

Postby wuju » Thu Aug 18, 2011 13:32

I would do it in my previous post but im @ work now,
and cant give u clear path. When ill come back home ill
edit that post :)

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Thu Aug 18, 2011 13:36

Perhaps it's there: noquarter/hud/show/locations... (draw locations + coordinates)

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Thu Aug 18, 2011 14:07

St-Shadow wrote:Perhaps it's there: noquarter/hud/show/locations... (draw locations + coordinates)

Yes, I believe it's that one..

But about the adre.. What's the problem with having only one stick? Everytime I get into a battle I see those red lighted eyes and think: "Ah, he used adre :(." It's getting more annoying everytime.

I believe one stick is enough, you can use it in the begin after you spawn and then you won't need it any further because there will be enemies around all places.

I actually want to disable adre at all, but I know there are not many people who will approve that.

1 Adre stick for president! :good:
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Official Member

Postby wuju » Thu Aug 18, 2011 17:04

Why we have to change it? There was decision about changin mod, and thats what thist topic is made for. All settings from 1.2.3 was moved to 1.2.9. Why before u didnt post about changing it?

Spam Kid

Postby LyoLevi » Thu Aug 18, 2011 17:16

So my turn.
I was a huge fan of etpub. Its dead but i still play. Now i getting in love for nq but its changed the latest version. But ill play bc i love this game and i love the server how u doin.
But 3 thing.
I dont care about adre. If u reduce to 1 half of the server gone if u stay the cfg the other part of the server gone...
2: Shotgun still bugged i think. Its not count every hit and enemy dont lose hp's
I mean clearly shot some1 blood is every where but no hit sound. Is there a shield?
3: I dont have lag at all like before but i recognize that some player became unhitable. So them movement not continuously. 1 moment here then there.
+1: How can i do that killing spree and multikill message shows in main chat?

PreviousNext

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011