Kick

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only

What kind of kick you want to see at PS#5?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 30, 2011 21:48

Now is good, one kick - one body.
50%
I like previous settings more. ET is about shooting.
50%

Total votes : 42
Server High Admin

Kick

Postby Daghel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 21:48

Hello.

PS#5 last time is preety empty, and in my opinion one of the major reasons for that situation are ridicolous kick settings. So i'd like to start discussion about, and we'll see what players thinks about it.

Instand death after kick don't have anything with ET. In fact it's killing the game, becouse any close fight 1vs1 is disturbing by kick. Instead of shooting we have kicking, especially in tunnels, noone is shooting anymore... I don't have anything against some fun adds, like for example those lunney binoculars. But making server more and more bizzare isn't a way imo to make it more popular.

Poll is only for PS#5 players. If you are not playing here, don't vote please.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Server High Admin

Postby PolygonWindow » Wed Mar 23, 2011 22:36

The last times i visited PS#5 i noticed that setting and i found it annoying pretty similar to the range of poison (-not only at PS#5-) annoyance. So my vote.

CarrotThing
Last edited by PolygonWindow on Wed Mar 23, 2011 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

Official Member

Re: Kick

Postby Nismo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 22:47

Daghel wrote:Hello.

PS#5 last time is preety empty, and in my opinion one of the major reasons for that situation are ridicolous kick settings.

best joke i've ever read :rofl:
ps5 empty cause of kick settings :rofl:

for me its funny, and mostly what i see is that, if someone has been killed by it, he is trying to kills someone by kick 2 :)

btw. for me it can be turned off or it can stay..

but if we start with discussions about setting of sth like kick, we should talk 2 about panzas setting (i know all panzas "users" will be againts me.. but i wanna see what other players will wrote about it)

for me breaking nice gameplay panzas kamikadzes are more iritating than this kick settings..

and if kick settings will back to old ones, ill ask for panzas setting sth like from ps1, what means, heavy weapon, slow walking and slow regenerating energy bar..

and dagh one sentence for You :) (dont be mad at me)
If you want back the old settings, dont write such stupid things, that this is reason why server is empty, cos its realy funny :D

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Wed Mar 23, 2011 22:52

I totally agree with Daghel!! I've mentioned it few times somewhere on forum and in in-game talk, but who listens... Instant death kick is ridicolous and so damn irritating. It makes me mad when I meet some1 in a corridor, hit him few headshots, he has like 10hp, and 'bang!' I'm dead. This is mad crap.

However it's not the reason why ps5 is empty...

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Wed Mar 23, 2011 22:57

settings = added some funies sounds ....

rest OK

Code: Select all
and if kick settings will back to old ones, ill ask for panzas setting sth like from ps1, what means, heavy weapon, slow walking and slow regenerating energy bar..

we no need next PS1 :roll:

if too much changes probably regulars not like it and no play anymore :wink:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Wed Mar 23, 2011 23:06

Yes agree.
Maybe something like 50HP damage. Normally a kick wouldn't give that much damage either but a good old kick in the nuts takes your enemy out in split seconds..
ImageImage
ImageImage

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 23:07

Nismo, you can have your opinion different than mine but dont call mine a joke or stupid becouse you are the one looking like fool then. :roll:
Maybe you haven't see a nemcommers disconnecting becouse of that kick but i did. I didnt say is the only reason why server is empty... But one of the top reasons.

About panza, agree with Falb, pointless to make it similar to PS1. Should stay as it is.
Last edited by Daghel on Wed Mar 23, 2011 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Wed Mar 23, 2011 23:21

Panza bullet's speed is ok on ps5 and I prefer this panza to slug-like panza from ps1. Nevertheless, guy with panza (and adre on) moves way too fast and jumps way too high, what is really bad and that should be changed imo (to prevent playing Dutchman-like hohoho)

Official Member

Postby Nitro » Wed Mar 23, 2011 23:33

I vote for kick being uberpro. I love it :>. It's ps 5 thing... and it won't change a thing!

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:57

Today I joined PS 5 as a newbie, and I didn't noticed that kick is so powerful, and none was using it (so I can't tell my opinion about it).

But one thing that really annoyed me is the panzer: imo it is too powerful here, and I am one of those who likes to play panzer a lot. Panzer soldier shoots light-speed rockets very close one to another.
I suggest to slow down the rocket or reduce the rigeneration of energy bar. One of these would make the whole gameplay better, without rambo-soldiers that in 6 seconds kills more than half of enemy team with 2 or 3 rockets.

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:13

DMG_Kowi wrote:I totally agree with Daghel!! I've mentioned it few times somewhere on forum and in in-game talk, but who listens... Instant death kick is ridicolous and so damn irritating. It makes me mad when I meet some1 in a corridor, hit him few headshots, he has like 10hp, and 'bang!' I'm dead. This is mad crap.

However it's not the reason why ps5 is empty...

Exactly and like flowy said, not all using it :)
GoD is DeaD

Spam Kid

Postby Pingster » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:31

Should be kept as it is, if it's what makes some people not play there, it's also what makes a lot others play just there. Personally I love it, and it's always nice and fun to do some kicking matches or just kick around. Plus, there's also a shotgun there, which is quite identical to kicks, except kick kill is more fun. And it's not like you can't avoid getting kicked - move around more, in particular, move back, problem solved :P Nevermind that, if the kick misses, the guy is immobilised for quite a bit, so, he's likely dead. I vote it stays, as Falbik said, we don't need another PS1 :P

As for it being emptier, many people don't like 20vs20 and prefer a nice 5v5, 10v10 with a lot of fun involved!

One thing you could change though, is landmines. Medic jumping away from 3 of them and staying alive is ridiculous. Makes landmining pointless on maps like Baserace where you want to keep some defence while scoring, which is often needed, cause of small teams.

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:30

you have to use wich is more popular in this game, the nq 1.2.3 with have fails but, anyway fi you have ps5 most of time empty, the change is important, maybe come back to the oldest version you can get more players..
i suggest not only nq 1.2.3, i suggest when ps1 is full redirect with ps5 :)

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:01

I voted for NOT instant kick kill.
Reason why: First of all it is instant kill, it should be two kicks to kill.

Instant kill with kick is not the reason why server is empty. It just needs one little boost and all comes around. And the boost is one or two players to play around.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam Kid

Postby Jogy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 13:05

I love that kick as it is. I think that PS1 kick is a big joke because after killing enemy you need still to kick twice the body to get ammo/gun (+ med packs). And I hope no1 talks anything about realism, because there aren't any in whole game.

It is quite easy to avoid to get killed by a kick as Pingster said. Missed kick means you are minced meat in a second as you cannot move for a long time. And anyway there are usually just 1-2 kick kills a map so it is not that big deal. What comes to new comers they don't even notice the difference between 3 hs and kick when they die all the time.

Don't touch kick or poison. They are characteristics of PS5.

Panzer could be weaker, if for no other reason then just to make spy mad. :twisted:

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Mar 24, 2011 14:11

Jogy wrote:And anyway there are usually just 1-2 kick kills a map so it is not that big deal.
I saw kick monster-kill on goldendunk...
Jogy wrote:What comes to new comers they don't even notice the difference between 3 hs and kick when they die all the time.
:D :D hey u demotivate them even more :D

Why ps5 empty and ps1 full? I don't think it's the matter of kick/poison/panzer etc. I think for many people ps1 is the 1st ps server they discover and they don't even know about other ps servers. Also look that on ps1 there are many players, who doesn't play 'true et', they for example take nabish mortar, hit one hot spot blindly and enjoy those dumb mortar-frags. Probably max 20% of ppl think of doing obj. I don't know how to get fun from 18vs18 goldrush, but some people enjoy this dumb rampage and that's why (what is ridicolous for me) they play there in such conditions.

Server High Admin

Postby RapidHail » Thu Mar 24, 2011 15:39

I connect PS#5 cause of instant kick and good shotgun. The problem is cause our old members are getting old: work, life, family. No more so much time for playing and caring about game when we are in. It's more a springboard then anything else. Even PS#1 isn't full half a day. We have to start thinking how to get players, even if we would have to change some rules in rulebook. ET is slowly going down.
-=RapidHail=-: Do or do not... There is no try.
-|PS|- Server Monitor
eRepublik Citizen
Network Toolkit

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 15:56

Jogy wrote:
Don't touch kick or poison. They are characteristics of PS5.

Panzer could be weaker, if for no other reason then just to make spy mad. :twisted:

Its exactly reversed!

Panza is like that since forever and its a mark fo PS#5 :)
Both poison and kick settings are preety new comparing to panza, and both should back as they were earlier.

Funny thing... 4.00 at night were only 4 votes to keep instant kick and 11 to change it. Now 15.00 and its 12vs12... but only 3 comments more. Votes without comments won't be counted.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Thu Mar 24, 2011 16:01

Why did you make double post :roll:

Instant kick is a good, unik and fun thing to have on PS#5 :P

Besides now i got a new skill :D

And don't touch Panza!! 8O
Image :wth:

Spam Kid

Postby Jogy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 17:20

Daghel wrote:Its exactly reversed!

Panza is like that since forever and its a mark fo PS#5 :)
Both poison and kick settings are preety new comparing to panza, and both should back as they were earlier.

It is all about point of view. I have been playing ~2 years at PS5, you about hundred years so for me it is all the time. :wink:

But what is the point of making 3 exactly same kind of PS servers? I would understand if PS1 would be full 24/7, but it isn't. On the other hand I think PS5 have been long time more like regular server than place to start playing ET. I think that most of new players like to play in server where are more than 10vs10 because there they can get those couple kills with mortar, airstrike etc. comparing to PS5 where usually games are 5vs5 or less.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Mar 24, 2011 17:34

Changing one setting (kick kill) really won't make ps5 similar to ps1. So I don't see any minus in doing so. Ps5 will stay different. Example: rifle (it's probably because of different nq versions; I'm not sure) - on ps5 rifle is far more accurate (long-distance rifle pwnage - one more reason to play on ps5).

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Thu Mar 24, 2011 17:35

Jogy wrote:But what is the point of making 3 exactly same kind of PS servers? I would understand if PS1 would be full 24/7, but it isn't.

Why the hell than you suggest to make panzerfaust more like ps1 settings?
This kick kill is just pure bullshit, great proposal to remove it. Voted for removing it.

Smad
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Lord

Postby ErsGuterJunge » Thu Mar 24, 2011 17:56

i voted 1 kick = 1 kill. its a cool nice thing. this thing is for fun, its a pub server and its about having fun.
if u want a game without 1 kickkill,mortarcam go to ps2.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu Mar 24, 2011 17:58

Not every crap that is invented 'for fun' is fun actually.
Kill kick is definately no fun!

Server High Admin

Postby Oxyg3n » Thu Mar 24, 2011 18:15

I would say lower the kicking damage, and take the one kick/one kill setting as a alternative idea to a knifewar.......kickwar! :beer:

It's pretty annoying to get killed by a kick, i can imagine that is also worse for a newcomer that maybe doesn't even have kick binded to his keyboard :wink:
There is already knife for the close range combats and for me it is enough.

By the way i won't say that this is what is causing the loss of players here, imo the reason lies between the age of ET, the consequential loss of players in every server, and our regulars beeing used to join ps1. The PS vs regulars wars gave a great boost to ps5 and it's the way we have to stick on imho. :wink:

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011