rude ps3

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Official Member

rude ps3

Postby deep » Tue Nov 23, 2010 20:04

this is not a serious rulebreakzz topic but just wanted to share my feelings from today at ps3.

this is a pic i took before i left, after playing few maps, showing how rude the players are. i constantly asked them to even teams- but just got no response. also there was a case of sk, but i dont care about that shizzlz.

ninja was obviously afk. and they prolly, as regulars, knew it also. anyway that attitude and no respect towards a fellow player or the rules makes this server pretty much a shithole for me.

ur thoughts pls :P

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 20:27

I agree. I personally usually switch teams when thay are uneven, especially when it's 3vs5 (for example in 13vs15 game, the difference isn't that distinct).

But u must understand (not accept, coz it's unacceptable) that for some people it is fun to butcher weaker, less numerous team (which mostly consist of bots), because it's easy and they feel strong then, while they're not.

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Nov 23, 2010 20:52

its more like 1v5 in this pic. but in another map, 2 bots in my team were not moving. and when i told this in main chat- still nothing. i get the impression that this behavior is normal in ps3, i truly believe it. not a ps material server i'd say by this.

it is the basic rule in online gaming to even teams. i laugh when admin says "thank you" to a player who evens the team. yea he sacrifices his sprees and whatnot, but being obliged for respecting a rule?

imo this "even teams" rule, should be more strict.

Server High Admin

Postby PolygonWindow » Tue Nov 23, 2010 21:14

Hmm, maybe come more often not only once (talking bout normal behavior..) and see the other sides of the srv and other ppl of course.. and by calling it shithole u disrespect all the other nice regulars. However not a nice situation, ill have a talk with em about evening teams.
Last edited by PolygonWindow on Tue Nov 23, 2010 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

Official Member

Postby on1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 21:15

this i believe is not normal ps3...but i agree there are a few who like to....hmmm how to put it :wink:

i dont think theres a lot to do about this, just feel good in urself knowing ur not a beep like them :)

Official Member

Postby SturmGonzo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 21:15

Diamond wrote:its more like 1v5 in this pic. but in another map, 2 bots in my team were not moving. .

what map was it?? maybe bot waypoints are screwed up, would be good if players show up on forums sometimes to report some bugs and server issues too, not only for a whine xD
(it's ment ironic nothing bad)

about the rest, imo woohoo and mtu pretty well knows how to switch team and understand english too.. i c i m not the only1 getting mad about this things, and for example woohoo is 1 of those going spec, asking for teams and then joining the stronger team... :roll: :roll: it's not a clear rulebreak ok, but still it s annoing, drives peoples away, and it should be classified as "bad behavor" imo, cuz it's even more annoing then a spawn-killer or another rulebreak.. it kills the fun and with it the server... :cry:

greetings gonz

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Tue Nov 23, 2010 21:31

Candidates will help more if they have the !put command :) ..and maybe use a "similar" tag like -)PS(- or something :D , surelly more players will show more respect about rules.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Tue Nov 23, 2010 21:45

I just want to say i agree with Diamond that is silly for PS mebers to say thx to somebody who evens team,that should be normal thing(to play fair),and i see members are the one who even teams then,i already said that PS mebers should use put command not even themself,then when no mebers we can only cry for even teams,like in this situation Diamond.
!put nabs who scream TEAMS when they have less players and dont wanna even teams when thier team has more players.
I think this should be in general discusion becuse same on all servers.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 22:24

You know when you are in bigger think u can say: "why me? anybody may swap team. him or him..." That's why it should be admins job. Of course in mast situations they're not necessary, cause some players are gentle enough to swap team.

About PS#3: We (me and my dmg mates) always considered ps3 as server of lowest level of game among ps servers. Probably average players' skill comes along with behaviour :p

Spam Kid

Postby Red0x » Tue Nov 23, 2010 22:28

i feel deeply disrespected shame u doop :evil:

na i to be true i agree with poly 99%

play a bit more on ps3 and ull see u can have a nice time there (poly for example always makes me laugh :P )
we had nice times on ps2 but sometimes behaviour there wasnt best too

same thing everywhere.

Heaven is an idea, we dont live there

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Wed Nov 24, 2010 0:11

I agree that evening teams should be normal, but unfortunately it is not like this. Most of the times we (members) have to type 2 or 3 times "even teams pls" in main chat. And if someone is so kind to listen to us and evening teams by himself I say "thank you" because I/we asked it. It's not silly, silly are those who think "someone else will even, not me".

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:05

im sorry if i offended some1 by my remarks :D, but the players make the server. just saying my mind. 8)

@sturm not sure about the name of the map with these bot bugs, there was a big river and a temple in the end, a desert map. there were some bots that stayed in spawn and some didnt, dno weird bug.. about the players: i know MTU is a long regular at ps3 - he's one of the reason i made this topic actually. and spot on with the seriousness of balanced teams: for me (and possibly to others who constantly whine even teams! for years now) this is the most annoying thing from all rulebreaks.

@kowi yes every1 is saying balanced teams are important, but in server nothing changes. so why should they get a chance to whine back? i've seen admins !put random ppl, and that's the right way imo. but the best thing would be auto-balance on all servers -> no more angry ppl yelling even teams! :P

@flower are u also thanking ppl who haven't sk'd ? :D jk

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:37

Diamond wrote: i laugh when admin says "thank you" to a player who evens the team.

actually, this is pretty rude. If someone asks you to do something, even if its your duty, its always nice to say thanks - its just polite. If you laugh at politeness, then you are being rude...

@Darkman: goes for you too

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:22

Lol Keeks,i think you didnt understand me quite good,if it was a normal situation then you wouldnt even have to say EVEN TEAMS,people would do it alone.(like some do,but you can count on figers those)
Silly is to ask people to be "fair" and even teams and then for that say THX,get it???

I think Diamond ment that too,i know i did.
Even I say THX sometimes too people when they even teams(yes my parents teached me too abaout nice behavior),but thats becuse i dont have command !put and i have to beg them for 5 min to do it,to be nice to be fair.(but map already ruined then).

But it is one situation when regular tells you to even teams and when admin tells you to even teams,people react differnet,and admins forget how it is to be regular trying to have a normal game.
And it is real anyoing every day as regular to tell people TEAMS and they do nothing!!!! And you cant do a thing abaout it!!!So every regular who cares a litlle bit abaout rules and playing fair can understand Diamond being angry,but i disagree with him it is ps3 thing,that s every server s problem.

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:28

Keeks wrote:
Diamond wrote: i laugh when admin says "thank you" to a player who evens the team.

actually, this is pretty rude. If someone asks you to do something, even if its your duty, its always nice to say thanks - its just polite. If you laugh at politeness, then you are being rude...

@Darkman: goes for you too

you're taking it out of context. i'm not talking about politeness at all. i'm saying that it's too much to thank for something so elementary.

anyway i still think there's an issue here (has been from start), so any comments from server owners? danke.

Spam Kid

same at ps5

Postby Bruce23 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:47

dudes, these unfair teams often arise when some player dont like map.
following can happen:

3 of 10 players dont like map so one of them start a vote for next map.
but 7 player vote with nooo, we want play it. so they have to play.

but the 3 or maybe more player can make sure that teams are unfair and so the game doesnt make any fun. after some cruel min with such unfair teams, one of the 3 player who dont like map start again a vote for next map.
now nearly all player said ok for next map, because it makes no sense to play with these teams. also not at a nice map.

i've got a nice example from ps5

2 min later:

again 2 min later sb from the axi team, who asked at the beginning for next map, started new voting and than it works. :evil: :evil: :evil: bah

Official Member

Postby SturmGonzo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:00

@Deep ya i know which map u mean, usually it works well, at lest i see bots walking arround looking for champignons :D
well this is like lil kids going all vs 1, it's just kiddysh, and i dont start even arguing anymore, it happend to me too, me and 3 bots vs 4 or 5 players, i just putted bots to spec and left 1 team without players, after some seconds peoples joined axis team and i rejoined back into it.. but it's not the nice way to do things.. but well

for the rest, the !put cmd for candidates is.. uhmm.. dunno if it's a good idea, even the !putbotspec cmd is useless at lvl5 atm, since bots now even always, the i proposed the !putbots cmd since on old nq when there was specs bots stayed all in 1 team and they was much more stupid then now, so it was impossible to play against 4 humans for example, but now i personally preffer a BOT in my team then some other players, :D :lol:

@Kowi
PS3 if u still didnt see it is some kind of "fun server" and maybe even good players come there just to relax n chill out, and it's an important part if not a vital part of a server, FUN, me for example dont like those servers where evrey1 runs arround and no1 talks in chat, comment some hits, see funny things and talk about it.. if i want a serious game i take some m8s with me to ps2 and there we play serious without adren 200km jumps or rambo medics, if beeing medic with adren spamm is pro in ur eyes.. well :D we got different ideas of being pro xD

for the rest, in my eyes peoples not evening teams is a collective rude behavor, and if there are some lvl'd players it might even be that they go back 1 or 2 lvl's... but if when, it's all just my opinion :roll: :roll:

:D greetings guys

Gonz

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:01

Ok, but on ps#5 people also talk with each other and so on... Running with adre is not pro itself, it can as pro as well you use it. Anyway, everyone can use adre, so it's even.
But I'll say my thoughts in other words: on ps#3 it is easier for me to frag people, than on ps#5 or ps#2 (ps#1 is whole diferent thing due to masses of peple playing there) -> conclusion: average skill of people playing there is lower, but note that I don't call particulary anybody 'nab' or 'pr0'. It's just a fact that I observed and I think there's no reason for anybody to feel offended.

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 15:43

diamond wrote:Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:28 am

any comments from server owners? danke.

dude you expect us to be here 24/7 :P nah, joke...

anyways imo pretty much everything is already said here, it isnt always like this, but this kind of occasions may happen from time to time as there are only few players and some bots. i know its damn frustrating as you yell for evening teams like 10 times and nothing happens, that happens for me too. but im sure ps3 isnt the only place where it may happen, ofc bot appereance might make players think that everyting is cool, IT IS NOT, bot is never worth a real player even if its better than nothing

it really would be nice if people would start to even teams by themselves, without that it has to be mentioned. but im pretty sure that will never happen totally, so... so far im happy about those guys who can i always trust when it comes to evening teams :)

cant say much more than sry that this shit has to happen to you
Image thx for diamond :D

Spam Pro

Postby DeXt3R » Wed Nov 24, 2010 16:19

i have few ideas:

1. maybe adding auto shuffle in the beginning of the map

2. maybe make better auto leaving bots, coz when teams r like this 2 ppl + 2 bots and 1ppl + 3 bots some join team witch 2 ppl, but if u can "make something" ;) that in teams always were i bot less then in other one like this 2ppl + 2bot and 1ppl + 2bots than we can join only team with 3 players(1ppl + 2 bots) so it would be good :)

sry for my poooooooor english :oops:

Spam King

Postby Scary » Wed Nov 24, 2010 20:01

Lets all hug now and be friends?

Cookies?

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 20:02

no cookies for you unless you clean the damn sofa!
Image thx for diamond :D

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Wed Nov 24, 2010 21:39

DaRkMaN wrote:Lol Keeks,i think you didnt understand me quite good,if it was a normal situation then you wouldnt even have to say EVEN TEAMS,people would do it alone.(like some do,but you can count on figers those)
Silly is to ask people to be "fair" and even teams and then for that say THX,get it???

I think Diamond ment that too,i know i did.
Even I say THX sometimes too people when they even teams(yes my parents teached me too abaout nice behavior),but thats becuse i dont have command !put and i have to beg them for 5 min to do it,to be nice to be fair.(but map already ruined then).

But it is one situation when regular tells you to even teams and when admin tells you to even teams,people react differnet,and admins forget how it is to be regular trying to have a normal game.
And it is real anyoing every day as regular to tell people TEAMS and they do nothing!!!! And you cant do a thing abaout it!!!So every regular who cares a litlle bit abaout rules and playing fair can understand Diamond being angry,but i disagree with him it is ps3 thing,that s every server s problem.

Actually, you do expect to all players check teams every minute if they are uneven? Most ppl dont check it at all. Why should they? Its up to someone who notices, to put up the note teams are uneven. I do check table when one of the teams is pushed badly - to check the count, and exp gained (if its skill issue, or teamwork issue). So if teams are uneven, and both sides are doing fine, why should I check if there is need to even? Also, if the teams are unbalanced skillwise (like 10 axis keeping 13 allies in spawn) I really wont react on "even teams" calls, as its pretty pointless (and there are always winning-team-joiners around).

I mostly even teams if someone asks and I die. But I still keep max. 1 team change per map (really...it becomes messy then, doing some unintentional tb, and dying cause I thought it was teammate...), and there are few exceptional situations for me to not change if asked.

Diamond wrote:you're taking it out of context. i'm not talking about politeness at all. i'm saying that it's too much to thank for something so elementary.

Actually, its all about politeness. Read above first, then continue:
if you ask someone to do something (why there is mostly need to ask - read above) then its just polite to say thanks, even if it was his duty. By not saying it, or even saying something like "Finally", you express the contempt of the player who evened.

I work as a customer support, and most people say thanks after I help them. Even that its my duty and my job. And there are always few who dont say that. Those are people, who thinks they are more than I, that I'm not worth their attention because I'm just a support, and they actually make money for company. They are just asses, if you ask me. Do you really want members to look this way? They obviously dont...

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Nov 24, 2010 22:28

keeks where you go now with subject?? :)
you called me rude becuse i laugh to member or anybody else if say THX.
i dont laugh in style like:what a moron he says THX,i laugh in a "SAD" way,where is this world going if we have to say THX for somebody being fair and even teams!!!

i dont get what is excatly rude abaout that,but ok,your opinion.

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Wed Nov 24, 2010 22:29

well im sure they didnt own u anyway :)
and bruce for ur pics it seemes to me like all allies moved spec to ruin map or smth

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010