ps2

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Spam King

ps2

Postby probro » Sun Jul 18, 2010 20:10

i have been chatting to mike on ps2 tonight and i said to him why dotn ps2 get a few bots it will help server to get full again belive it but it is down to the members so just post here what u think

Official Member

Postby deep » Sun Jul 18, 2010 20:25

no

Spam King

ps2

Postby probro » Sun Jul 18, 2010 20:31

well ps are paying for a empty server plus a few members i chatted to wanted bots

PS Founder

Re: ps2

Postby landser » Sun Jul 18, 2010 20:40

probro wrote:... ps are paying for a empty server ...

PS2 running or down = same price

but i would suggest reducing the files which players have to download, like soundpacks and not that popular maps like e.g. bremen ... start the server from scratch with a cycle of well known maps like oasis, goldrush and venice until more players come and play there regular.

some years ago this helped PS5 ...

Spam King

ps2

Postby probro » Sun Jul 18, 2010 20:42

i think u got a point there landser i agree with u

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Jul 18, 2010 20:55

first check this topic, its made for requests/idea's:

http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules.p ... &start=100

Also in the past PS#2 started with quite an well-known map rotation. Still it has many classics in it, most off those maps exist off less MB so downloads are minimal. Besides that fun sounds etc are not on ps#2.

Guess we should leave it like it is
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby paco » Sun Jul 18, 2010 21:56

Ciao probro,

It's good to have your interest on PS#2 :), I hope to play with you often 8)
I think isn't right way to have BOT because:

-> it's like to reply PS#3 cfg (if players wanna play with BOT support can go on (|PS|- G3w!nner & -|PS|- Ninjadeer server) ,
-> this way not be compatible (degrees) with the regular players,

I think concrete support can arrive from:

-> players & members presence,
-> Cfg server/class suggestion,
-> Map Suggestion Topic replies,
-> try some new technical solution (No Quarter 1.2.9 - Beta 5 or 1.3.0 ...it's coming http://shitstorm.org/) .

@Landser: Fortunately Icy has already set 1 year ago this server way (August 2009), all map on Ps#2 are short and popular. We haven't particular music/effect packages. To make new popular rotation maps, could be a good idea (like railgun, etc...)

8) Paco 8)

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon Jul 19, 2010 0:18

Well i was on PS2 this evening for few hours.
And although there was a lot of fooling around with mikey and paco :)
I liked server settings.
Few HW disabled, i know 1 rifle nade already less.
So for me, If PS2 would be a bit busier and also some of the guys I like to play with from PS1 occasionally show up at PS2 I'd love to play here.

For me Bots is also not the solution, like said above PS3 has bots.
Today i connected to PS3 (PS1 was full) and there were 4 bots and 2 players online, i immediately disconnected and joined PS2.
And imo more people think like this. They dont wanna play against bots. (espacially not low skilled bots (A) )

My point is:
- No BOTS
- More friends on PS2
- Maybe some more actions, like knifewar and panzerwar.
I know a HA has to be online to turn it on and off but from time to time they're.
Just contact them trough xfire or something and ask them politely to turn it on or off.
to me that should be no problem :)

I'll try to be a bit more on PS2 the upcomming weeks :)

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Veteran

Postby MIKE » Mon Jul 19, 2010 0:52

Ye, to be sincere I thought that maybe adding bots to ps2 will change situation. Imo I know what is character of that server and silly bots would crack it so indeed maybe its not (after reading couple of answers and thinking about the case) the best idea.

I'm trying to be more online on ps2 recently since I have more free time. Imo we waited today few hours but not many ppl show up.

Official Member

Postby deep » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:08

dno i play there very often, no "emptiness" complaints from me. if u wanna see players there, then connect at prime time 6-7 pm.

usually when there are like 2-3 ppl and u connect then soon after there will be 5-10 ppl there, mostly regulars.. 8)

though need some new maps yea. dont like to play 1 rotation 3 times in just few hours :D

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:09

I'd like to be a regular, but everytime i connect to ps2 it is empty. Very rarely there is a reasonable amount of people to play, so it is usually just easier to connect ps1/5, cause u will usually find people there.

Anyway, ps2 case is very courious. When I "discovered" ps servers like 2 years ago, ps2 was my first ps to play and it was quite crowded (10vs10 was normal situation). After some time ps2 got empty what is really hard to explain, considering its popularity back then.

Veteran

Postby MIKE » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:46

DMG_Kowi wrote:I'd like to be a regular, but everytime i connect to ps2 it is empty. Very rarely there is a reasonable amount of people to play, so it is usually just easier to connect ps1/5, cause u will usually find people there.

Nothing weird if U don't know when there is way to connect :wink:

Like Diamond said there is big chance that You will find some ppl in late afternoon, around 17-21 polish time (it's 15-19 GMT).

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:50

MIKE wrote:17-21 polish time (it's 15-19 GMT).

nooot

if
17-21 polish time
then
16-20 GTM

Veteran

Postby MIKE » Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:55

Ajit wrote:

nooot

if
17-21 polish time
then
16-20 GTM

Wtf? :D I know all that stuff about time zones since I'm watchin all launches of rockets :P

During summer we got 2 hours diffrence (CEST - Central Europe Eastern Time). In winter season that difrence is lowered to 1 hour.

Official Member

Postby paco » Mon Jul 19, 2010 15:26

MIKE wrote:
Ajit wrote:

nooot

if
17-21 polish time
then
16-20 GTM

Wtf? :D I know all that stuff about time zones since I'm watchin all launches of rockets :P

During summer we got 2 hours diffrence (CEST - Central Europe Eastern Time). In winter season that difrence is lowered to 1 hour.

:D

Paco

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Mon Jul 19, 2010 16:27

sry

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i couldn't resist, thats epic

poland isn't the only country who turns clock xDDDDDD

Veteran

Postby MIKE » Mon Jul 19, 2010 16:30

<3333

paco! :D

Official Member

Postby paco » Mon Jul 19, 2010 19:58

paco wrote:Ciao probro,

It's good to have your interest on PS#2 :), I hope to play with you often 8)
I think isn't right way to have BOT because:

-> it's like to reply PS#3 cfg (if players wanna play with BOT support can go on (|PS|- G3w!nner & -|PS|- Ninjadeer server) ,
-> this way not be compatible (degrees) with the regular players,

I think concrete support can arrive from:

-> players & members presence,
-> Cfg server/class suggestion,
-> Map Suggestion Topic replies,
-> try some new technical solution (No Quarter 1.2.9 - Beta 5 or 1.3.0 ...it's coming http://shitstorm.org/) .

@Landser: Fortunately Icy has already set 1 year ago this server way (August 2009), all map on Ps#2 are short and popular. We haven't particular music/effect packages. To make new popular rotation maps, could be a good idea (like railgun, etc...)

8) Paco 8)

What do you think about NQ 1.2.9 ?
can be nice way 4 me

Paco

Veteran

Postby MIKE » Mon Jul 19, 2010 21:16

Ajit wrote:sry

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i couldn't resist, thats epic

poland isn't the only country who turns clock xDDDDDD

Ye, I was thinkin wrong cause of girl with who I talk last time really often (2 days ago almost half night). She live in Island and they don't turn clocks - bah I'm sad that I didn't bet with You on server today. U would lost :D

Funny thing - Island is on the same line of longitude like England, and they are not turnin cloks. Imo it's all about saving energy, latitude and white nights :P For example Sweden is turnin clocks cause they got more expensive energy :P

Spam Kid

Postby Red0x » Tue Jul 20, 2010 0:25

:offtopic:

paco on what funny site u found such a pic
cant stop watching it, its pure brain. .*beep* 8O :twisted: 8O

if i see some rectangles or look at asia i go crazy :P
.. look the U at -9 :?:

u saved my next days paco :P

ontopic: ehm what was the point

yeah imo no bots to p2
few new maps would be cool e.g. i would like to see fuel dump again
but maps shouldnt be bigger than this ^^
always open for new updates as long as it isnt the same shit as with 1.2.7
and the option to downgrade should be open

cya later on ps2 ;)

Official Member

Postby paco » Tue Jul 20, 2010 0:45

Red0x wrote::offtopic:

paco on what funny site u found such a pic
cant stop watching it, its pure brain. .*beep* 8O :twisted: 8O

if i see some rectangles or look at asia i go crazy :P
.. look the U at -9 :?:

u saved my next days paco :P

ontopic: ehm what was the point

yeah imo no bots to p2
few new maps would be cool e.g. i would like to see fuel dump again
but maps shouldnt be bigger than this ^^
always open for new updates as long as it isnt the same shit as with 1.2.7
and the option to downgrade should be open

cya later on ps2 ;)

:offtopic:

img it's 4 joke to Mike :D :D :D

Paco

Official Member

Postby Death » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:35

Maybe new NQ would be good idea.
although when i would connect to a server i wouldnt especially look for what nQ version it has :)

1 more thing.
ITS SUMMER.
Not only PS2 has less players atm also PS1 has less players and PS5 and PS3 the same.
Ok PS1 is on the best times of the day still full but it also has from time to time few players.
Just give it some time. Atleast untill like October when its not this beautifull weather anymore :D

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:28

just back from turkey, quite agree with paco, wouldn't help anything to add bots to PS 2 but anyway, thanks probro for your suggestion. i'm just too busy to do anything with PS 2 atm, i'm just enjoying myself too much atm at this summer, sorry <3

but PS 2 won't die, don't worry. about the download files lands, i bet PS 2 got the most less files (oje, can only talk turkish now, english is completly gone ^^, but i guess u know what i mean) from all PS servers (maybe except PS 7). anyw, just don't hesistate and join and others will join too, even if the server is empty at the point u start connecting.

we had only 3-4 standard maps in the past to fill it, it worked pretty well that time back but at some point the coming regulars want new maps, else they get bored and won't play there anymore 'that often'. so ye, its allways a small way to go, to make everyone happy, the server more filled and playable.

also agree with deep/diamond, if some ppl join there will be fast a 5on5 or sth like that, just what the server is created for. we don't need 20on20 at PS 2, but its also okay to have more players around from time to time. gonna see if i can find some time after i enjoyed myself enough and get bored, but atm im just back from turkey and ye, life rocks! ^^

see ya <3
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Official Member

Postby paco » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:32

icefrost wrote:just back from turkey, quite agree with paco, wouldn't help anything to add bots to PS 2 but anyway, thanks probro for your suggestion. i'm just too busy to do anything with PS 2 atm, i'm just enjoying myself too much atm at this summer, sorry <3

but PS 2 won't die, don't worry. about the download files lands, i bet PS 2 got the most less files (oje, can only talk turkish now, english is completly gone ^^, but i guess u know what i mean) from all PS servers (maybe except PS 7). anyw, just don't hesistate and join and others will join too, even if the server is empty at the point u start connecting.

we had only 3-4 standard maps in the past to fill it, it worked pretty well that time back but at some point the coming regulars want new maps, else they get bored and won't play there anymore 'that often'. so ye, its allways a small way to go, to make everyone happy, the server more filled and playable.

also agree with deep/diamond, if some ppl join there will be fast a 5on5 or sth like that, just what the server is created for. we don't need 20on20 at PS 2, but its also okay to have more players around from time to time. gonna see if i can find some time after i enjoyed myself enough and get bored, but atm im just back from turkey and ye, life rocks! ^^

see ya <3

...finally wb :)

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Fri Jul 30, 2010 13:25

icefrost wrote:...and ye, life rocks! ^^

see ya <3

So no more suicidal attempts from you ? :(

anyway, wel comeback
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010