What is the Mafia Game?

From our Editorial Staff
Website Admin

What is the Mafia Game?

Postby Prime-Squadron » Thu May 17, 2012 15:16

What is the Mafia Game?
Story by: SpyCow

The Mafia game is based on two sides;
Innocents - The good side Vs. Mafia – The evil side.

There is a third side, but it's a one man army, Mr. Grey.

How is the game played?

The mafia game is divided into two phases; Night and Day. Before the game begins, each participant has to anonymously vote for a Mayor, by sending the "Narrator", a Private Message, with the name of the person you wish to vote for. The person with most votes will receive the mayor role, (On top of the one he will receive when the game starts).

Mafia Games numbers 1-20 have all been played on the Prime Squadron's "Themeforum: Mafia game".

However, players thought of a new idea.

Experienced players have before been killed first, because they are a threat to the mafia. This is where the idea kicks in.

The new way is to basically create a forum, outside Prim squadron, with new, random names. The names, passwords, and link to the website, will all be given by the Narrator in a private message.

Why should I try to play the Mafia Game?

The game is all about having fun, tactics, and of course, killing the other side.
Here are some opinions from a few players:

Davies

Well, in my opinion the Mafia game is a great chance to experience some fun with other players besides being together on the ET battlefield. The Mafia game is actually more a game where you get to know each other a bit better, you analyse posts, you accuse each other, you try to find out who is who and eventually you find out who you guessed everything miserably wrong.

The game keeps you thinking all the time, and the feeling of immortality when you did something well for the rest of your ‘team’ hardly suits any extreme positive-minded definition. It is something one should experience himself. That’s why you should play the Mafia Game, it’s just a great bit of craic :D

Diclonious

What I enjoyed most about the Mafia game was the analysis that needed to be done - not only reading someone else's statements and trying to interpret his role judging from that, but also considering how he might want to imply something else. At the same time, if you're tired of doing that, you can just lynch somebody who seems fishy or jump on someone else's bandwagon! So you are 100% absolutely sure that this guy must be a Mafioso? What if you lynch him and he turns out to be a townsman? Your reputation will be down the hill and you might very likely be next... Or he survives, and suddenly the Mafia kills you, pulling all attention on him! The game is very dynamic and it's a game with people who all have different characteristics and personalities.

I recommend you to play the game if you have the time to play it and if you enjoy reading. If you don't like reading at all and don't have the patience or time to look through all the posts done, the game is not for you. Also you should not be resentful - if SpyCow lynches you, it's because he thinks you're a Mafioso, not because he doesn't like you, and it should be the same from your point of view. You're allowed to give each other a headshot in ET for that later, but don't take it personally!

Ckey

Huh, it is just something totally different than ET. The fact I am able to play the game with the people ETPlayers like, we play together, we can laugh together reading the fun stories and of course trying to mess with each others head (Death, right? :)). The aforementioned combined with the essence of the game, the necessity to think, plan, strategize and many more make the game rather challenging and fun, out of which lynching you is the cherry on the top.

Daghel

Well, it's a great chance to practice skills in manipulation, seduction and diversion. There aren't many things in the world that satisfy me so much as making people do what I want, without them knowing who made them to do it. I recommend this game to all our forum visitors, because it's fun, not 'time-occupying', good chance to know your ET-mates from other side. Like in chess. Someone can be goofy on chat, but a interesting foe in the Mafia game. Yes, dominating weak minds, it’s pure joy!

As you can see, a lot of life-full comments eh?

Try the Mafia Game now, you won’t regret it!

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Thu May 17, 2012 15:29

Well, imo the first man to be killed is ALWAYS a random pick.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Thu May 17, 2012 15:30

I've heard differently. 8O
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Thu May 17, 2012 15:37

Come play guys! :)

well done Cow ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Thu May 17, 2012 19:16

Nice; perhaps it will bring somebody new to the game. Stay tuned guys!
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Thu May 17, 2012 19:27

The important thing is lynching Spycow at first day :D

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Thu May 17, 2012 19:33

FlowerPower wrote:The important thing is lynching Spycow at first day :D

I couldn't imagine that comment, not gettting a thousand thumbs up. :D

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu May 17, 2012 20:21

I am a bit dissapointed to this interview actually. I expected to see more opinions from "veterans" of this game. Overall is good anyway. Though I must say that Harp made a great game, and I do not forget the day it started.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Thu May 17, 2012 20:22

I don't know any 'veterans'. :D

And I don't think they're even online.
8O

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu May 17, 2012 20:29

SpyCow wrote:I don't know any 'veterans'. :D

8O

Goldenbullet, Ammz, IceCream, at least them.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Thu May 17, 2012 20:35

Yeah... I could ask my brother... If he is willing to do so, ofc. :D

It's a little too late though.

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Thu May 17, 2012 22:48

You called, Saukko? :)
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Fri May 18, 2012 1:00

SpyCow wrote:I don't know any 'veterans'. :D

8O

young blood ....
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Fri May 18, 2012 2:19

I am a veteran, I played the first 10 games, and hosted the game also. Nabcow :D

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Fri May 18, 2012 8:45

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sat May 19, 2012 18:01

I feel offended for being left out :<
Nice article tho. Let's hope we get some new players :)

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sat May 19, 2012 18:17

Tbh... I just asked them I had added on Xfire. :o
Nothing really personal. :P

You could always write your opinions here anyway. :D

Return to Articles & Interviews