Mem... not the most perfect disguise

From our Editorial Staff
Website Admin

Postby Prime-Squadron » Wed Jul 27, 2011 16:34

Interview by: padawan

· Hi mem, could you do me the favour of telling me all the secrets about yourself? And not tell who I am?

Hi sexy, sure I can, I will respect the confidentiality of the pro journalist that you are ^^

· Memnoch... the older PS players remember you from that nick, why did you change it to mem?

Well, mem isn't so far from memnoch, my disguise isn't so perfect :lol:
mem was the nick that I used in etpro with psc, I love this period, and thus the name
mem is also the diminutive for mempamal, this one because of this song, that I could have wrote the lyrics for myself :p

· I will ask you some standard things... no lies please!

Well, as long as you don't ask for weird things I swear to tell you the truth :p

· What's your age?

Depends.. My mother used to tell that I was still 13. My body is 35 years old, close to 36.
but my mind seems to have stopped around 20, especially for crap :lol:

· Any hobby?

Too much, that's why I have time for nothing.
Mainly all about computers, role playing games, not nowadays but sports too (pala, snowboard, hiking, ...), movies, music, reading, writing, ...

· Your occupation?

is that your word for "job" ? ^^ Well, let's say it is :p

No real job atm. I followed a training to be a C / C++ / Java analyst programmer, and now I'm a trainee in a big French research center (IPBS, part of CNRS), writing software for single particle tracking.

· Marital status?

Single, and loving it :lol:
For real I'm looking for a woman named Elea, but I never met her... :sad:

If a girl looks likes her... there's a long road ahead of her.

· Music... style, bands?

Many, and varied. I love bands like K's Choice, Morcheeba or La Tordue, as well as In Flames, Placebo, Iron Maiden or Rammstein. There's good music almost in every style, if it has good rhythm and melody, and good lyrics, there's a big chance that I like it ^^

As an example, this great French band that comes to Luchon, our little town! Lately I also got the Naruto's OST, they're just great <3

· Food... what's your weakness?

Pasta, every kind with every sauce, as long as there is no seafood in the recipe ^^ btw, wanna taste ichiraku's ramen :p
I also love dishes like duck breast with honey and raspberry vinegar, chicken sweet and sour sauce, or steak with Roquefort... as you can see McDonalds is not my friend :lol:

· Any stimulants? Alcohol, drugs,sex, perhaps any different?

Alcohol, never alone, only with friends. Sex, well, see my marital status or my forum sig ^^ Drugs... no comment, but I never refuse a little !420 from time to time ^^

· Your likes and dislikes?

Well, likes... praline, activities with friends, terry pratchett's works, cats...
Dislikes... seafood, the word 'noob' and consort, injustice, insects, never having enough time ^^

Ok... enough with the basics, lets get down to the facts.

· Do you remember your first experience with PS?

For sure! We were playing with the [a12s] tag, mainly on our own server, but Fantomas heard about the PS servers and we fell in love with them ^^ Daemon was the PS1 owner, Millenium was still playing, and PS4 was our new house with its old etpub mod and Lands owning the place... aaahh, good old times :D

· You had your own server called Fomoksland... can you reveal more details?

Fomoksland was how we nicknamed PS4 in the days after Lands owned it and we took over. I managed it with fant (well, I was the tech and fant was the fomoks master :lol:). We wanted to create a funny place with nice maps, sounds pack and commands.

Our point of view was that ET is a game before all and we tried to keep the war in a friendly way, I think that we succeeded at some point since the fomoksland regulars were very nice people!

· I heard that it was a really tight team... Maybe you recall those regular players? Could you say something about them?

How not to remember them? Sebbel, don arni and his sister lena. Blazing, patent, daghel, falbik, poring... well, I probably forget some, my memory isn't so good :oops: They were a nice little fomoks family, sad that fant had too much work to be really around, and that I was doubly busy with PS6 at the time.

· Until this day you can still see the word "Fomok" being used, could you reveal its meaning and where it came from?

Fomok... as you can see I use it often too, and so since at least 10 years this word have a meaning in some language, but our fomok word is something else... The first time I heard it we were working together fant and I, and as always we were making jokes and tricks to each other.

Don't remember exactly what I did to him this time, but it was surely a really good one since he called me "fomok", we laughed so hard that the word remained ever since.

· You had a 3 year break, what have you been doing that time?

Well, nothing really so important ^^
Tried age of conan, was nice at first but funcom managed to kill its own game. I have an active lotro account, still playing occasionally since it's a good game overall but mainly I was and I am working for my newlife software to work! :lol:

· After your return do you see any changes in Prime Squadron?

If I remember correctly, I didn't lose my levels, at least not at ps1, but !setted myself to 0 when leaving ^^

And sure there's changes, most important is that some other PS members left the boat as well or are inactive, there's a lot of new players and some new PS members. Noticed another change as well... People seem to be more rude to each others nowadays, I don't remember guys saying that the other team sucks just because they won, for example. Is it just my memory or does the youth of today really lack education? *suddenly feel old :(*

· Bowdown & Sebbel accordingly determined that you have to be their "slaves" at least for one month to get your old position back... do you think you can stand it? [...laughter...]

Really? They said that? hmmm, sounds interesting :lol:

· Will you take the duty to administrate the server, if necessary? Or with somebody else, like PS1 or PS3?

Well, if I have to, I will.

I mean, if I satisfy Sebbel and Bowy according to their wishes (:lol:), I'll have to take care about all PS servers, as all PS members / admins have to. If you mean "manage my own server", alone or not, I would answer why not, but certainly not if it's another mod than etpro ^^

· Do you plan to stay for a longer period of time or is it just temporary?

When you stop taking a drug, you don't necessarily realize immediately how difficult the withdrawal is... this can be seen by taking again this drug. I had my withdrawal period, I took the drug again... I don't know what the future will be but if I have my say I will not leave again ^^

· Which server did you like the most, where do you find the most experience on PS, after your break?

PS1 is nice because there's always a monkey that I know around, but it's a fragland and teamwork for objective here is a bit difficult ^^ PS3 and 5 are better for the kind of playing that I like, and when there's more humans than bots connected I choose one of them.

I have to admit that I also join if I see there someone like fant, falb and so on ^^
I'm still disappointed to never see anyone on PS2, and I confess that when my internship is over I'll probably hang around to attract a few people there :p

· Last but not least, any message for posterity?

Nah, I don't speak well enough for posterity :lol:

But... you asked me if I had some photo or funny pic. I have nothing about myself on my laptop, and my desktop comp is too far for that, but I can give you something... I'll be a real fomok while doing this, but it's perfect, so you'll have another good example of what a fomok is :lol:

A few months ago, we played paintball and fant, as the fomok he always is, said that I was a bunny and he'll hunt me... he even posted a picture... Here comes my revenge (fant is also known as aziz in fomoksland ^^), don't you think that he really looks like a carrot? :twisted:

Official Member

Postby Death » Wed Jul 27, 2011 16:51

Really nice interview,

It's good to see an old PS admin back ofcourse and it's nice to know a bit about your past too now, since i started playing around the time that you left.

And about the rudeness of some people on servers nowadays... yes, it sux :S

Anyway real nice interview and hope to see you more :)

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Wed Jul 27, 2011 17:28

hehe fomok, your internship is almost over, i'm willling to see you back in PS family!
Btw, nice interview, mr padawn :D

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed Jul 27, 2011 17:50

one of the best interviews so far, also thanks to lis ehh padawan :d

see ya on PS 2 hopefully or on any random scrim memster <333
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Wed Jul 27, 2011 18:01

icefrost wrote:one of the best interviews so far, also thanks to lis ehh padawan :d

Be careful who you give credit to ;) And no, it wasn't me (aside from the usual grammar/typo clean-up).

Nice to read something about the Fomok origins, bunch 'o fools :P
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Spam King

Postby Scary » Wed Jul 27, 2011 18:11

You cant be a bad person when you like Terry Pratchett books.

T.Pratchett books > rest.

Server High Admin

Postby BigOgr » Wed Jul 27, 2011 18:22

Well, likes... (...) terry pratchett's works,(...)

And thats sounds like a very good taste. I love Pratchett's works too.

I'm still disappointed to never see anyone on PS2, and I confess that when my internship is over I'll probably hang around to attract a few people there

I'm counting on that. I've used to play on PS2. After almost 2 years break ive returned but usually I'm playing on PS1 (because it's crowded). But it would be nice to have many players on PS2 again.

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Jul 27, 2011 21:28

Nice interview :good:

Yes, for some years PS2 has been hit with powerful summer heatstrokes. Reviving it now would be a tough job.. But anyway, Padawan trying to be secret huh? Now who could be the only Padawan of Memnoch who is active around here? :D Bad disguise fomok :P

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 21:34

Memnoch is alive! Can't forget those old times... impossible to forget.
Very entertaining interview, I would have been able to read this forever. But everything ends some time.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby Toup » Wed Jul 27, 2011 23:14

Nice, what a frenchie, hehe.

Talented Spammer

Postby Lena » Wed Jul 27, 2011 23:22

Perfect <3 like always with Mem in topic ;D

]:->

^Merci Fanta :* ^

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Thu Jul 28, 2011 0:01

Diamond wrote: Now who could be the only Padawan of Memnoch who is active around here?

:oops:

merci beaucoup :

mem - find time for the interview
St-Shadow - translate polish-english
warren-the-ape - (aside from the usual grammar/typo clean-up)
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:37

Lena wrote:Perfect <3 like always with Mem in topic ;D

]:->

<3

welcome back:D

also to you sir memnoch

i agree on some parts what you say but there are still alot of nice players around just a few rotten apples but i don't really care about that

good to have you back

thanks diamond:)

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Thu Jul 28, 2011 15:02

Pretty awesome interview! Always a pleasure to read such an interview!

Veteran

Postby fantomas » Thu Jul 28, 2011 19:32

WTF ......... 8O ! fomok

My revenge will be terrible ...!

Now you know the origin of the word !fomok :)

Thank you Padawan for this interwien 8)

Image Image

the crazy Rabbit is back....!

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Jul 29, 2011 13:20

Nice interview and a great victim ^^.
By the way, is Aziz Fantomas' real name?: D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 14:01

!fomok + banana
Double combo 8)

Nice interview.
(no, it wasn't hard to guess who is 'padawan')
Chaos is the only true answer.

Return to Articles & Interviews