It's FunWar time!

From our Editorial Staff
Website Admin

It's FunWar time!

Postby Prime-Squadron » Sat Aug 14, 2010 16:01

It's FunWar time!
Article By: Davies

This time I decided to write an article about the upcoming FunWar #Summer Edition. We will take a quick look into the brain of the FunWar team leaders; Goku, Paco, on1 and Tomsen. What do they think of the war, their chances and what are their predictions? But first, let's ask Milady, one of the organizers of this FunWar, a couple of questions.

· Milady, together with Rapidhail you are the big brain behind this Funwar. When, where and how did the idea to organize a Funwar started?

It was like "hey! let's do a Funwar, otherwise this summer is so boring", and 2 days later we made a post in the member forum with the idea :D It was just totally spontaneously.

· It looks like a big job and a lot of responsibility, or isn't it as much work as it looks like?

Of course there is a lot of work. Finding servers, setting them up, communication with people, motivating the rest of the community. And last but not least, have the actual war xD

· What do you think the FunWar is going to look like? Who are the candidates for the nr. 1 title, in your opinion?

At the moment it's like one big mess. Today it's Wednesday and only 2 days left :roll:. There are still some problems that aren't solved, but don't worry xD
Who will win? PS#2 as always, but I silently hope it will be PS#1.

· This is not the first time you organize something. You already did a previous Funwar and 2 Cups (together with Rapidhail and much help from Lis), are you already planning new events?

Well, it's a hard question. I don't think I would have so much power for "fighting". For sure I'll learn something more after this FW, but I think it's the last event with PS ;)

· What's your final prediction of this FunWar, numbers 1 till 7?

1. MofPs.... (too long to write)
2. #rnoc|
3. -|E|G|O|-
4. AeF
5. FTF#T3
6. [PS#3.1]
7. [PS#3.2]

Thank you for taking the time for this short interview :) !

I also asked the team leaders about their thoughts and predictions on this FunWar, and concluded this article with my own personal thoughts.

PS1 Teamleader: Goku wrote:I think none of our teams has any chance to win, but that's actually not a goal in a Funwar!
My goal is to give a chance to every PS #1 regular who ain't experienced at all on ETPro to learn the basics and to maybe like the "competition" side of the mod.

The first team, MoPSFWSES1T1, was supposed to be a bit more "skilled" team, with experienced ETPro players. I decided to make up such a team because of the PS #2 regulars bullying me :D
But well, some things turned out in a bad way, and Lurtz left the team. We couldn't find any good fifth so we took Death & Lazy-Lion. (no offence of course, guys <3)

The second team, AeF, is a complete No Quarter team. You might find this weird that I've placed so many players in Team 2 but I actually knew most of 'em won't give any sign of life so I hope at least 5 will show up at the wars ;) I organized 3 trainings for Team 2, and sadly, it was always the same guys coming. Thanks to them though, it was a real pleasure to train with you guys. :)

Team 3, FTF#, this team is made up by Baek and completed by me with Kunab & Mike. They are ETPro experienced and they've got a chance to get at the fourth place, at least if they play with good tactics. I don't really know their gameplay as they trained by themselves, but I scrimmed some times with 'em and they are not that bad ;)

Of course -E|G|O|- will win this, as they play for the win & don't give a chance to the few regulars to play. ^^ #rnoc will get the silver medal, cause they have very good players and Tomsen must be a very good leader!
For the rest, I don't know the players enough to judge it, just.. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND HAVE FUN!

PS2 Teamleader: Paco wrote:Fun War #Summer Edition will be exciting, sure. :wink:
Unlike past editions, we have many challenges and really balanced teams, like always I say "…with bated breath!" ^^
Thinking that PS#1 server has a good chance about final result, it has three strong teams and there are hard players like goku (very good). At last, statistic helps them, three teams …uhm… could I bet some euro's here? :idea:

I also think that the PS#3 and PS#5 teams have some surprises and have many potential. You have Tomsen (PS#5) and FlowerPower (PS#3). They have high tactics-game.

Now on to our PS#2 team, it’s still a 1 main squad philosophy. We have skilled players between main and backup so, there aren’t any organizational problems. There will probably be debut on main about: Diamond, Romek and Samu. The first two are regular excellent players, our best from PS#2. They always play for objective, are tactical and love etpro. The 3rd, Samurai, is Samurai; shrewd and clever. Our secret weapon.

Oops… omg… \o/ fUnner: the monster! I suggest to all enemy's to press "play dead" button on NQ match.
We also have Mees and Peeter, They are cyborgs, ½ Nq and ½ ETpro multiskill and very nice players.
Looking at the main list, remains Icy & Lis, the best "players' couple" born for Wolfenstein ET. I think there isn't more to say, only that they have fun, give fun & make result... They are Pro! Sure, will be the stars!

On our backup there is a nice cocktail of skills; Ajit aka Garf, Para aka nomore, Souly, Ichi and r2bit. They are talented players in my eyes, real EtPro warriors. They should be in the main squad but were not sure if they could play (example: pc crashed and some French doctor have business :P). Ajit is our coach and training man, locker room/strategy mind.
Goldenbullet, last game bullet before real bullet? Call Army coming, It’s nice to have he on team:)
BeziJuve, Redox and Leo are regular players that can make their contribution.
Tyfoon & Probro are new, the future of PS#2, and will have the opportunity to gather some experience.

I hope that we can continue the victory of the last edition with our dream team.

Paco <3

PS3 Teamleader: on1 wrote:Welcome everyone to another fun filled fun war. With 7 teams going for gold its going to be a tough time getting there for all.

Biggest competition for the guys and the ninja from ps3.1/.2 has got to be MofPSFWS1T1 and -E|G|O|-, after all they got girls in their team and will distract all us men... and the ninja :D

The team that's gonna get their ass kicked all over the place will be FTF#3... damn u mike I'm coming for ya :p But seriously looking through the teams there will be some interesting rounds and I'm looking forward to them all.

Happy fragging all and keep smiling IT'S FUNWAR TIME :D

My prediction:

1. PS#3.1
2. PS#3.2
3. #rnoc
4. AeF
5. FTF#3
6. -E|G|O|-
7. MofPSFWS1T1

-|PS|-on1, Teamleader PS#3.1 /PS#3.2

PS5 Teamleader: Tomsen wrote:First, I'm glad to play together with my mates. Most of them I know for years and I'm pretty sure we'll be a good team.

Coming to the chances of each team. It's not easy to judge about the other teams but it should be clear that PS#2 has got the strongest players. Hard to say something about the other teams, you know... players are one thing, teamplay another one, which is much more important in etpro.

My favourite class is the medic class, but I'm choosing the class depending on the situation. My personal goal is to be a good riflemaster like Xylos but it's a long long way.

davies wrote:The title will be a fight between PS2's team -E|G|O|- and PS5's team #rnoc. PS#2 will be seen as the server with the most skilled players, which may be true, but don't underrate #rnoc, they've got a great leader + a lot of players with ETpro experience.

The third place will go to PS#3.1. They're going to be the big surprise of the Funwar! The rest of the team will fight against each other, where I think that PS#3.2 will become last.

About the PS#1 teams; they're all pretty the same, but FTF#3 has the best team and so they'll become fourth. Fifth place will be for AeF. They've got players who know how to play objective. So only the sixth place is left for MofPSFW1T1, well, they can always blame gOKU joke ofc.

Davies.

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Aug 14, 2010 16:21

very nice read. :good:

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Sat Aug 14, 2010 16:53

ye pretty interesting :good:

goku wrote:Of course -E|G|O|- will win this, as they play for the win & don't give a chance to the few regulars to play. ^^

i just disagree on this point, all our PS regulars will get the chance to play.

icy /out
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Spam God

Postby Ajdija » Sat Aug 14, 2010 17:05

Nice! Thanks ;)

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Sat Aug 14, 2010 17:27

I see that on1 is quite optimistic :D

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sat Aug 14, 2010 17:55

GL ^^

Official Member

Postby __Mr-Unknown__ » Sat Aug 14, 2010 17:58

It's a quite interesting article with good questions of davies :) And some nice teamnames, even I don't know how some get to these, but I'm sure some imagination is used :P

Well now on funwar spirit:
Ofcourse I wish all soldiers the best @ the battlefield of Mr & Mrs Blackjack. And more importantly is ofcourse: HAVE FUN!.

I hope the best may win! So that is ofcourse PS#1, with Goku as war hero. Nah just kidding all have a fair change to take the PS funwar cup home.

Good luck Soldiers!

(PS: Goku plz own Scary & Samurai for me, so 1 mission is already accomplished :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: )
Stay Tuned, Stay Prime-Squadron

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Sat Aug 14, 2010 18:02

nice davies!

very funny to read. weldone!

btw goku. atleast i come at server.. :)
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Talented Spammer

Postby mees » Sat Aug 14, 2010 18:04

5o5 any skill HS.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 18:15

I hate you on1 ^^
Nice to read. :wink:
__Mr-Unknown__ wrote:(PS: Goku plz own Scary & Samurai for me, so 1 mission is already accomplished :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: )

Yes sir! :party: Image

Server High Admin

Postby lis » Sat Aug 14, 2010 18:20

wp davies :good:

Official Member

Re: It's FunWar time!

Postby Samuraii » Sat Aug 14, 2010 19:01

Prime-Squadron wrote:
Paco wrote: The 3rd, Samurai, is Samurai; shrewd and clever. Our secret weapon.

:rofl:
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Official Member

Re: It's FunWar time!

Postby paco » Sat Aug 14, 2010 19:39

Samuraii wrote:
Prime-Squadron wrote:
Paco wrote: The 3rd, Samurai, is Samurai; shrewd and clever. Our secret weapon.

:rofl:

now u pay me :D

Paco

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Sun Aug 15, 2010 0:52

ye np 4 me, but Image
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Veteran

Postby MIKE » Sun Aug 15, 2010 0:53

Love U all! <3 :D

Veteran

Postby Viduus » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:16