Poll ended at Thu Dec 11, 2008 23:56

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 22
Veteran

Postby Pancake » Sat Dec 13, 2008 0:57

nick wrote:1+2 for me too :) we wouldnt want to waste pancake's hard work would we?

It isnt my own work :P it was ischbinz, nice guy he is really a pro in this things!

Cyberape 1+2 too? :P
stopped playing et. now lurking csgo. find me on steamcommunity with /id/pancookie1

Gold Star

Postby Croft » Sat Dec 13, 2008 15:55

1 + 2 for mee also Pancake.
See You at PS# 1, 2, 4 & 5

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Sat Dec 13, 2008 16:07

Ok guys here you have a little info what is including

* Allies hat green
* Axis hat red
* Mine Skin tree
* Knife changed
* Grenade (Allies) changed, snowball
* Grenade (Axis) changed, snowball
* Grenade Icon (WeaponIcon) Changed to a snowball
* Ammo pack Changed
* Medic Pack Changed
* New Xmas Progressbar
* 2, but normally 3! Surprises ;)

Good things awaits you soon at PS2!
stopped playing et. now lurking csgo. find me on steamcommunity with /id/pancookie1

Spam God

Postby nick » Sat Dec 13, 2008 18:35

is there a visible difference between axis and allies grenades??
that icon, you mean the icon of danger awareness that you can see a grenade near? or you mean the weapon icon in ur hud :P :?:

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Sat Dec 13, 2008 18:38

No different between the nades. Its the little hud thingy, its a white ball ;)

The pack is now FINISHED its exactly 1019 KB (-- 1mb ) big! Much changes like i said and there are not only 2 surprises

4!!! Surprises will be in it!

Veteran

Postby CrossYard » Sat Dec 13, 2008 18:39

nick wrote:is there a visible difference between axis and allies grenades??
that icon, you mean the icon of danger awareness that you can see a grenade near? or you mean the weapon icon in ur hud :P :?:

whats the difference? you get blown up anyway if you stand near a granade. :lol:

edit:
btw. the vote is so clear, Ill put the xmas pack on, on monday morning. :)

Gold Star

Postby Croft » Sat Dec 13, 2008 18:45

can't waith to Monday
See You at PS# 1, 2, 4 & 5

Veteran

Postby Ichihollow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 16:13

No ty 8O

Vote closed, funky

Btw 22 votes on a whole server population....

Bah i guess cl_allowdownload 0 will be my friend once again, but if it doesn't let me connect you'll have some news bout me :twisted:

Anyway, you should rather let peops dl it themselves on forum and don't bother root with that, bandwitch is enough rare like this nowadays
Last edited by Ichihollow on Sun Dec 14, 2008 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
C'est parce que la vitesse de la lumière est plus rapide que celle du son que tant de gens paraissent brillants avant d'avoir l'air cons.

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Sun Dec 14, 2008 16:21

Ichihollow wrote:No ty 8O

What u mean?

Veteran

Postby Ichihollow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 16:24

Pancake wrote:

What u mean?

"No" like "i disagree", you know the negativ sentence...
C'est parce que la vitesse de la lumière est plus rapide que celle du son que tant de gens paraissent brillants avant d'avoir l'air cons.

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Sun Dec 14, 2008 16:30

Vote closed, funky

Btw 22 votes on a whole server population....

Bah i guess cl_allowdownload 0 will be my friend once again, but if it doesn't let me connect you'll have some news bout me :twisted:

Anyway, you should rather let peops dl it themselves on forum and don't bother root with that, bandwitch is enough rare like this nowadays

Not all PS2 regulars are registred, 100% - 0% is the vote and i already said guys (IN mainchat) they should look here.
If you are the only one who dont wants this pack, then vote, who cares now?

And its the choice of the owner, cross said it now

Veteran

Postby Ichihollow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 17:11

Who cares now? hmm i care, shouldn't I?

Ah yeah, no it's true i'm the bad part of the ps community, the one who's able to have a different point of view from the others :?

Sorry for this sweety, it seems you take it as a personnal attack... We've already talked about it with soul and u the other day... It's true that we have no experience in the admin job, the ps2 ownership and 3 years working in this community brought us nothing to exploit now....

That's why i can understand , in quoting you a bit, that when we try to explain to you that all those packs progessively make the root lag a bit more everytime, you leave the server saying : "No really i can't speak with you anymore".... mature indeed

Be careful, i'm not saying the packs are making themselves all alone the server lagging... Between all the nq server stupidities, the biggest one is to still allow 40+ players servers for a game's engine made for only 24 max

But, packs are really not helping, furthermore, for having spended hours and hours on ps2 ftp cleaning all the shit progressively accumulated by the ex-owners, i perfectly now how it will go at this rate, but you're so creativ those days ^^

Indeed, small packs, fast dl for SOME of our players... Just remember that we're not equal in bandwitch. I don't even talk about new players who'll just disconnect when they'll have to dl it at start... coz sure, for regulars one little pack here and there, it's np... but after some months that makes ten or so little packs and that's totally different

Well, it's my point of view, i can't stand the idea to let use the bandwitch blindly for useless thingies with the risk of making the game more crappy ( btw your previous suits pack was really usefull : noway to see the difference between axis and allies, we felt so united, beautiful moment of peace and love )

We've spended months and months with warren and soul in limiting useless packs and news on the servers, cleaning ftps at their maximum, but now you're right, we should change our mind, i should really just stay away and let you get the admiration of all your little friends and receive all their attention

Being and admin means also to be able to share ideas with others, even if we disagree, but arguing, and there you really need to grow up a bit

<3
Last edited by Ichihollow on Sun Dec 14, 2008 17:43, edited 1 time in total.

Veteran

Postby soulblade » Sun Dec 14, 2008 17:30

Ye as we already spoke about this on server with ichi and you Pancake, you know what I'm thinking about all of this packs. I repeat that, as ichi said, PS2 shouldn't be used as a packs test server (aka "Oh nice pack, let's add this... and this one... oh and that nice pack as well. Wheee it's awsome")

I know it's not up to us anymore but regarding all the efforts done to bring PS2 back to life it's a shame to see all of this ruining with your pack spree madness. Moreover when you just come back from a looong AFK period so you dunno what PS2 went through during this period.... Nice to see you're interested in PS2 but maybe you could try something else than creating more and more packs.

PS2 went through hard times when it was almost empty all day long and adding more and more packs will only results in :
- more lags
- ppl leaving PS2

You can think what you want about my opinion... Probably, as you wrote about ichi's post, you just don't care but facts are here. PS2 was empty so we deleted all the useless packs (sounds, textures, etc...) to bring it back to life.

So if I can give you one or 2 advises :
- be careful with packs, they are the best way to empty a server
- maybe show a lil more respect to ppl who took care about PS2 for more than a year and bring it back to life... Especially when they wanna discuss about it with you in a calm an gentle way, maybe you shouldn't treat those guys as morons like "pffff you guy don't understand a shit of what I am saying, I'm leaving". Maybe time to grow up also, but that's another story.
Last edited by soulblade on Sun Dec 14, 2008 17:32, edited 1 time in total.

Veteran

Postby CrossYard » Sun Dec 14, 2008 17:32

just a short statement from me......
I delete the packs after use from the server. and xmas pack isnt gonna stay very long anyway. its just to make xmas feeling come up a bit more. :)

edit: oh just read you post now, souly. yeah you defenatly right souly. but its just now since its a holiday and I wanted to add something special. after these days theres a long time where no special holidays or something like that come. packs will be deleted (as I said) and everything will come back to normal. promise! :)

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Sun Dec 14, 2008 18:31

Like crossyard said the pack wont stay long time. First you said yes, now anything else... I was just pissed off on the server cuz i repeat it really 5 times, over pm or whatever

The winterkrieg thingy is already deleted, and it wasnt my idea at all.
But its not that good feeling at all, to keep a server pure and simple.

Im now long time a member, and i care much more than others about PS, if its "to much engagement" just tell it me, i wont make any post more here then.

I just suggested for the pack, i didnt say make this or make this, I JUST SUGGESTED IT.. (jaja caps is hanging..). And this is the vote, no one said you must vote yes, or?

Ill shut up in this forums now, like u said u can think what u want. You are a ha so you are the boss...

Server High Admin

Postby Miszczu » Sun Dec 14, 2008 18:41

Ill shut up in this forums now, like u said u can think what u want. You are a ha so you are the boss...

With that attitude there is no place for discusion rly. Shutting the doors with "if I am not right then screw U guys" is not the solution. Soul and Ichi just told U some advises, they know smth about ownership and wanted to share their experiences. Instead of getting pissed, i would take the advantage of having these two experienced noobs in same community and at least think about what they want to tell me. Honestly, no1 tries to shut up U. Just think about it.
" Bite my metal shiny ass!!!"

Official Member

Postby Evil » Sun Dec 14, 2008 18:43

lol,
well the thing is ppl need to download it from the download root webhostel,
with some bandw.... from all ps servers that issnt mush i think.
and i agree with ichihollow and rest.
continue adding the packs cost us more download limit and if we or they overwrite it then they need to pay for it.
not a good thing in my eyes.

ontopic: my point of few of this packets is that i love those but its not a NEED for ps to make it all fun we can also have fun with some xmass map rotation in ordering.
like we have on ps1 clearfree of skin mods etc....
just the maps gives the feeling aswell.
and also some santa names :)

Anywayz
dont go start in a fight wont help.
i do the same just play share oppion and ideas and if they not agree then bad luck next time beter.

Veteran

Postby Ichihollow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 19:15

I'm the boss? I'm the One? And nobody took the time to tell it to me??? Wheeeeeee party tonight!!!!

Veteran

Postby CrossYard » Sun Dec 14, 2008 19:20

hey, i thought i was the boss! 8O

Veteran

Postby Ichihollow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 19:22

Oops! My mum was so proud of me :'(, 5 mins in her life

Spam God

Postby nick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 19:30

CrossYard wrote:

whats the difference? you get blown up anyway if you stand near a granade. :lol:

edit:

that i can see who throws the grenade, my friend or my enemy? shoot in the direction the nade comes from, or not? :P thats the difference my friend :)#

Veteran

Postby CrossYard » Sun Dec 14, 2008 20:06

nick wrote:
CrossYard wrote:

edit:

that i can see who throws the grenade, my friend or my enemy? shoot in the direction the nade comes from, or not? :P thats the difference my friend :)#

true true actually. well its oly on for a few days. hope you can hold out for that short time. :)

Spam God

Postby nick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 20:33

that's okay, but now you understand my question :)

and is it seriously proven that with some packs less ppl visit server?? never thought about it that way, but its true i suppose, i usually cancel when i see i have to dl 20 mb if i join a new server... but 1 mb aint the point is it? but that winterkrieg was rather large for example :roll:

anyways i aint got no experience in that so, ur prob both right (ichi & soulie)

Veteran

Postby CrossYard » Sun Dec 14, 2008 23:41

Im sorry to say that pannys xmas pack isnt working well on NQ. thats why i decided to put another one on PS2 thats compatible with NQ. its a bit bigger though (about 3 mb). but since you all wanted a xmas pack, I put it on.

(to my HA friends - dont worry will be deleted after christmas ;))

Spam God

Postby nick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 23:57

:wth: that aint funny man... we'll see whether or not its worth it...

PreviousNext

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2008