Minas TJ or not?

Old server topics and posts from 2009, Read only
Official Member

Minas TJ or not?

Postby DaRkMaN » Mon Nov 30, 2009 17:22

Can somebody pls explain to me how on minas planting dina on second doors and first not blow yet is no TJ?????
Damn am i angry!!!!

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Mon Nov 30, 2009 17:39

did u just dj to the door and ran through before its closed? thats isnt tj imo since you just ran through a door :p
i did it a few times too and judge used to do it all the time when he still played here and admins never complained about it then

relax darkman, everyone can make mistakes ^^

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Mon Nov 30, 2009 18:04

Dre_of_chaos wrote:did u just dj to the door and ran through before its closed? thats isnt tj imo since you just ran through a door :p
i did it a few times too and judge used to do it all the time when he still played here and admins never complained about it then

relax darkman, everyone can make mistakes ^^

I am relaxed,i am angry becuse of some other things not this one!
But anyway Dre if DJ was disabled you coudlnt do it,so if you do it only becuse of DJ then it is TJ or atleast it should be TJ!

Server High Admin

Postby tomsen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 18:13

Well, this is not the best way to blow the second door without to destroy the first one.

Sure, it's possible when you've got a sleepy allies team and a fast axis engineer, but not the correct way.

admins never complained about it then

That's not correct mate. Trickjump or not, that's not the point here. We've got this or other rules to ensure a fair gameplay. And as I said before, this is not the correct way to play or end this stage of the map.

Tell us the name of those players and we'll talk with him/her about this specific situation.

Regards,

-|PS|-tomsen

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Mon Nov 30, 2009 18:33

Well could we have some CLEAR rules about stuff like this then? Some admins say stuff like this is allowed, some say it isn't. About alot of things there is too much conflict between admins (what is sk when, and what is not, what is tj when and what is not).

Edit: Yes i realise that rules are there to provide a fair gameplay, but if jumping to a door is rulebreaking then maybe its time to disable doublejump, minas tirith is perfectly doable without dj (in a 10 vs 10 condition and with equally skilled teams)

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Mon Nov 30, 2009 18:53

tomsen wrote:Well, this is not the best way to blow the second door without to destroy the first one.

Sure, it's possible when you've got a sleepy allies team and a fast axis engineer, but not the correct way.

admins never complained about it then

That's not correct mate. Trickjump or not, that's not the point here. We've got this or other rules to ensure a fair gameplay. And as I said before, this is not the correct way to play or end this stage of the map.

Tell us the name of those players and we'll talk with him/her about this specific situation.

Regards,

-|PS|-tomsen

Excatly Tomy,thats what i am thinkig too,i dont think guys that made this map had intention that this would be normal thing!
He he,you want names,there you go Dre and Judge :) lol just kidding i didnt see them!
Didnt see who did it i was on axis side,but one member was telling me it was not TJ,or what ever we will call it,that it is alowed!
And i wanna say it on forum that it is not right and should be a clear thing!

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 19:52

If they are NOT capable of blowing the 2nd door without blowing the 1st door and WITHOUT double jump, then it is tj for sure :)
But these doors aren't as important as when tj'ing for the objective itself; the orb.
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Nov 30, 2009 20:05

If you mean blowing the 3RD entrance (city gate, 1st gate, 2nd gate?), before blowing the 2ND entrance, then I would restart. Reason? IT BUGS THE SPAWN SYSTEM! So don't do it, wether it is TJ or not.

Server High Admin

Postby tomsen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 20:24

Dre_of_chaos wrote:Well could we have some CLEAR rules about stuff like this then?

Our rules are clear enought, but hey, we can't explain every situation our each course of the game in a rulebook.
For that reason we've got our forum and our admins on servers to establish clarity and yes, sometimes we've got different opinions, that's pretty normal. But in this case, it should be more then clear.

Dre_of_chaos wrote:Edit: Yes i realise that rules are there to provide a fair gameplay, but if jumping to a door is rulebreaking then maybe its time to disable doublejump, minas tirith is perfectly doable without dj (in a 10 vs 10 condition and with equally skilled teams)

Another request to disable the doublejump. In my opinion, it's not really useful to disable this function on Minas Tirith.
Let's make a little example. You're playing 10vs10, 6 snipers in the allied team, one field op and some medics... one or two poor axis engineers are trying to blow the first gate and they can't move fast. This is more then easy to kill them because they are slow turtles.
You've got long distances to reach to objectives in this map.

Take your time and think about it. Maybe i'm wrong but forget your thinking about pro players who don't use doublejump. This can be annoying too in some cases.

-|PS|-tomsen

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Mon Nov 30, 2009 23:11

Dre_of_chaos wrote:Well could we have some CLEAR rules about stuff like this then? Some admins say stuff like this is allowed, some say it isn't. About alot of things there is too much conflict between admins (what is sk when, and what is not, what is tj when and what is not).

Rules are very clear: Trickjumping for objective is not allowed. I doubt that any admin told you something opposite.

There are also doors near 2nd gate, enginer with a little help from covy could for example blow up 2nd gate from behind, BUT not skip it to destroy gate nr.3. In that second situation it can mess up the spawn as Ziel told.
So everything is perfectly clear.

Edit: Yes i realise that rules are there to provide a fair gameplay, but if jumping to a door is rulebreaking then maybe its time to disable doublejump, minas tirith is perfectly doable without dj (in a 10 vs 10 condition and with equally skilled teams)

Not jumping to door, but over it.
If someone is doing it, call for admin. I dont see why we should server settings FOR ALL becouse one or two persons can't understand simple thing. DJ is one of the main points of this map, ofc id doable without, but also much less funny.

Notice also that Minas Tirith is untouchable :)

(writing from work , damn laptop :x )
Chaos is the only true answer.

Official Member

Postby Dutchman » Mon Nov 30, 2009 23:51

!rename topic Minas burn it or nuke it

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Tue Dec 01, 2009 0:17

Dutchman wrote:!rename topic Minas burn it or nuke it

wohoooooo
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Tue Dec 01, 2009 0:41

Sebbel wrote:
Dutchman wrote:!rename topic Minas burn it or nuke it

wohoooooo

You and Dutchy stop spaming with nontopic replays or i am gonna lock the post! :)

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:12

@tomsen: to counter the 6 allied snipers: let your engi's take rifle nades to blast them of the walls and your medics right behind them with needles ready: yayz win -_-

dre outta here ==>

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:19

Above all: <3 Minas, don't touch it.

If you blow gate number 3 before number 2, it is TJ. It is virtually impossible to get there without doublejump, so TJ. Just as you can grab orb without blowing gate number 6, it is also TJ. So don't do it :P

@dre: lol I meant the same as Goldy, and the same as you. No need for this words, I am just clearing up some situations that could be useful for anyone.
Last edited by IceCreamy on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:41, edited 2 times in total.
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Spam Pro

Postby Dre_of_chaos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:28

IceCreamy wrote:If you blow gate number 3 before number 2, it is TJ. It is virtually impossible to get there without doublejump, so TJ. Just as you can grab orb without blowing gate number 6, it is also TJ. So don't do it :P

this isnt about gate 3 or the orb, if you dont have something constructive to add there is no need to post

END OF DISCUSSION: going for gate 2 when gate 1 is open = tj, please make this clear to all the admins and then this topic can get locked before more mindless spam is added

Spam Pro

Postby dirtyharry » Tue Dec 01, 2009 21:15

hi guys

if you read the rule book it say's not tj for obj........so in minas the obj is to get the globe to his place so blowing doors before first or second or thirt door is for me not obj............but if you read the game obj on the game than it is first to blown doors from level to level............so you can see it from two way's ..........so it is up to server admin to make a desition if its alowet or not.........thas my opinion

greets :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Tue Dec 01, 2009 21:42

You guys don't get what Dre & Dark are trying to say.. :P

Is it allowed to plant at the SECOND gate WITHOUT blowing up the main city gate?
It wouldn't be TJ if you just run through the door that ain't closed yet..

Some clear answers please? :o

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Dec 01, 2009 22:40

its a map bug?

dirtyharry wrote:hi guys

if you read the rule book it say's not tj for obj........so in minas the obj is to get the globe to his place so blowing doors before first or second or thirt door is for me not obj............but if you read the game obj on the game than it is first to blown doors from level to level............so you can see it from two way's ..........so it is up to server admin to make a desition if its alowet or not.........thas my opinion

greets :oops: :oops: :oops:

its not in 2 ways. all obj's in a map count as obj. and rules are same for all of them.

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Dec 02, 2009 0:54

Ah it was question for HA,we have answer,everything is clear,if not seek help,so i dont get what are you all still spaming,read all replays before just write something!

I have to lock this topic,spam,spam,spam!

lolz :)

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:25

na darky.. if u make a topic, you can expect a discussion.
if u want only one opinion, ask per pm.

for me its again another case of this typical "this-map-runs-now-for-about-3-years-on-server-without-problems-why-there-is-suddenly-now-a-problem?"

for me personal if an engi makes it to run alone (or not) through the first open gate before it closes itself.. its allies fault if they are not able to kill him (them) in first 30 or 60 seconds.. its not the typical style of DOUBLE - jump to reach something what should not be possible. its just the mapversion that the door is open in beginning. in first minas door was closed from the beginning.. i think the open door is made that allies have the chance to defend outside..
if you guys call the fast movement to door "doublejump for object" you have to call fast movement in every map as "doublejump for object" result must be then "disable doublejump in general for ever and ever" i think you guys even dont know how often you all use doublejump for object. pls dont force me to bring out examples!

the forbidden doublejump in rulebook is the typical "dont move the way where it wouldnt be possible to get without doublejumpheight
for example.. i think at the spoken second gate.. the little door that a covert could open.. if i remember its not possible to reach it without dj.. so this door for covert is forbidden... or lets take the classic examples like the fueldump-castle or the wall in oasis (in this case trickjump, not directly doublejump)... there are barriers, walls, etc that are made to destroy by engi!
sure the first door at minas is also made to be destroyed by engi. but not when its open^^ -- so call it maps fault.. what again will result in discussion -> minas suck map ! ^^

aaaahhhhhhhhhh - always this discussions!!

Veteran

Postby undeadwarrior » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:00

i laughed at the fact ppl call simple dj forward tj for obj xD

seriously... if you even cant stop that engy you dont deserve to win that map IMO
Man, Don't tell me about love and peace
When one of the joneses has a handgun pointed at me
Dont tell me to just say no
I'm an addict, I say don't let me go
Whatever happened to sex drugs and rock n roll
Now we just have aids crack and techno

Guns 'n Roses - Sex, drugs and rock n roll

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:21

He he,well sebb you had 3 days to answer me on this topic,you didnt say nothing so i thoght you agree with Daghel and Tomsen,aperently not,thats is 1.
2. i thogut it is a clear situation,well it apears not,ah you want example,what would happend if we say Dagy with his opinion would saw somebody do that,or you saw somebody do that????
I didnt wanna discuss it with whoule ps community i want HA to say to me is it forbiden or is it not forbiden to do that Sebb,becuse i never did that thinking it was TJ,so all i want from you is YES or NO and thats it!
3.And if the whole ps community has fun on this topic why the hell wouldnt i have fun a litlle bit,by locking the posts,it was a joke,when i put smiley on the end of my sentence that means i am joking,when i put !!!! or ??? that means i am serius!!!!!!like that
4.And Sebb i am very sorry for bodering you with questions,se you dont like discusions,i didnt came here to discus abaout that i come here to get a clear answer abaout forbiden or not forbiden and if you HA admins dont know the answer since until now i still dont know is it ok or not,well then thas really your problem ,and minas is not guilty becuse you cant answer me simple question!!!!!! see now i am serius

5. i want make any problem questions further more ok

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:48

love ur posts

dont be afraid of making troubles or bothering me.. thats crap.. im here for such stuff

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:15

Sebbel wrote:love ur posts

dont be afraid of making troubles or bothering me.. thats crap.. im here for such stuff

:) you see? still thinking i wanna make trouble,i didnt wanna make trouble i want to do oposite thing,i want to know answer so there wouldnt be any troubles!
He he Sebb you think i am sceard of somebody? :) lolz last weekend me and my girl where driving home i was drunk,she was drivinig and stupid police stoped us with lights on the road for nothing,ok,we come home i take the phone and dial police number,i dont wanna write here what curses and insults i told them,or when i was in high school i told teacher that if he flunk me i will put his new BMW on the bricks and his tires will fly throw his window of his house! So dont think i am sceard of somebody,only sceard of dark and horor movies then i cant sleep all night becuse,and thats why i sleep with my TV on all night for the last 20 years!now thats what i am sceard off!!
Ye ye i know you love my posts,who doesnt they are the funiest! :) :)
Last edited by DaRkMaN on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:18, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009