About : Throwing range

Old server topics and posts from 2009, Read only

Do you think it's worth increasing the values?

No. this feature sucks.
No votes
No. actually it goes far enough.
44%
Yes. Please make objectives go further.
22%
What about medpacks range ??
22%
It can't be done anyway!
11%

Total votes : 9
Talented Spammer

About : Throwing range

Postby Kurrodo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 16:54

Hi all players from PS #5.

Well, it might not be really important for some players (especially the ones more frag-oriented, or those who don't care) But for me, it is a bit annoying and I'd like to know if it can be modified, and if you could modify it.

It's about the objective's tossing; you know, when you have to switch to knife then press use button. I believe this function is underused and might really be interesting, when you're a weak on HP and you see a team mate on your way for example.

But IMO it's not because you have to take your knife, but because of range.
it happened yesterday wrote:well, yesterday on minas I had that orb and someone followed be but was still in that bridge, and I wanted to walk towards him and give him the obj. I wasn't really wounded but I know that running to secure it, at 10v11, would be impossible for me. And when I tried to give him, well... 1 pushed him one time, and gave the objective back to myself the two other tries cause it fell 1 step in front of me. I died, and the mate wasn't able to take it back at that time.

Another example was dubrovnik yesterday, where we made it to the boat with obj with 4 players... tossing would've been great in this case, but actually, waiting for mates to die then stepping on them was easier :x

My advice is : please, modify the tossing range, by 2 or 3 more steps so we can actually make a pass, which is better for team play too... I don't want to play US football with gold crates of course, so no need to make a long bomb... :)

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Sun Nov 29, 2009 0:09

i think u dont need it cuz u just need to move back and drop it(knife+F) and then it will fall and u wont catch it again

Talented Spammer

Postby Kurrodo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:14

Well, you think I catch it immediately when I drop it don't you? it's not really the point.

actually I always stop moving before tossing it, so it actually falls on the ground in front of me...
...but the team mate doesn't really know what I'm doing with it and usually goes away without thinking about picking it up.

I'd just like to throw the objective so the team mate can understand I try to give it to him, far enough so I won't push the mate when he will come to me, but close enough cause I don't want to give it to a nearby opponent (or in a cliff) if I fail the pass.

Well, I know it's easy to secure objectives without this feature. but There's not a lot of people who uses this and I think enhancing this would make it more interesting and spice up the game... and if the vote fails, well it's okay, that's not whining-worthy :)

(SKN, or how to answer 4 paragraphs to a 1-line message.)

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:27

Well ... If the teammate looks dumb at you after you drop the objective and walks away there is really no point in giving that teammate the objective since he/she probably will go straight into the wrath of the enemies instead of securing it :P

But hell, you only want a 1-2 increase in drop range so why not? :)
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009