[Oasis] axis arty in question...?

Old server topics and posts from 2009, Read only
Official Member

[Oasis] axis arty in question...?

Postby Pasglop » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:41

Well,the situation:

allied have blown wall.so they won perma spawn in ancient axis first spawn (courtyard)

Question: is axis arty (heavy weap) allowed in this courtyard,provided that it's the only way to move forward for allies?

my opinion: axis arty shouldn't pass the broken wall like a border.at least,allies can go through tunnel (one way out).

plz give opinions here , or maybe,it has been already discussed about somewhere?

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sat Jun 20, 2009 13:16

On a previous community where I played, it was NOT allowed to fire with arty/mortar/rifle/nades/HW behind the LOWER WALL!
Would be cool to fix a rule like this.. :)

Official Member

Postby Evil » Sat Jun 20, 2009 13:20

Hey there,

the arty is not allowed near Ammo/Medic Cabines (near your spawn)
and also not in front of the spawn exits or Above spawn or ammo cabines.

shooting just in courtyard after ammo medic depot (between waterpomp and wall) is allowed since its not abuse the spawn or the med/ammo cabine.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 13:20

If the artillery or airstrikes hit the spawn damaging people within the spawn area this would be against the rules and therefore not allowed.
I don't see any reason why to disallow this hence allies can choose to go an other way through the tunnels which is a very effective way to destroy both anti-tank guns if the axis does not defend the tunnels sufficient enough.

Creating this rule will only heavy the already big burden on the admins that administrate the servers.

So in my most humble opinion there is no rule against this and there should not be made any rule to disallow this.
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Jun 20, 2009 15:17

GokuSan wrote:On a previous community where I played, it was NOT allowed to fire with arty/mortar/rifle/nades/HW behind the LOWER WALL!

+1 , this "rule" is also runing on PS1 and that s what we alwayz did :wink: . You also have to know that you can spawn on ammo/medpacks cabinets so it can be conidered as a part of allies spawn :wink: .

Official Member

Postby Pasglop » Sat Jun 20, 2009 15:34

BOWDOWN wrote:
GokuSan wrote:On a previous community where I played, it was NOT allowed to fire with arty/mortar/rifle/nades/HW behind the LOWER WALL!

+1 , this "rule" is also runing on PS1 and that s what we alwayz did :wink: . You also have to know that you can spawn on ammo/medpacks cabinets so it can be conidered as a part of allies spawn :wink: .

Thx for this fast answer. :D

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sat Jun 20, 2009 15:40

Ammz wrote:If the artillery or airstrikes hit the spawn damaging people within the spawn area this would be against the rules and therefore not allowed.
I don't see any reason why to disallow this hence allies can choose to go an other way through the tunnels which is a very effective way to destroy both anti-tank guns if the axis does not defend the tunnels sufficient enough.

Creating this rule will only heavy the already big burden on the admins that administrate the servers.

So in my most humble opinion there is no rule against this and there should not be made any rule to disallow this.

BOWDOWN wrote:

Looks like not every admin know it.. :P But thanks for answer anyway.. :)

Server High Admin

hi

Postby Betinho » Sat Jun 20, 2009 16:56

1)GokuSan wrote:
On a previous community where I played, it was NOT allowed to fire with arty/mortar/rifle/nades/HW behind the LOWER WALL!
Would be cool to fix a rule like this..

2)Bowdown wrote:
+1 , this "rule" is also runing on PS1 and that s what we alwayz did . You also have to know that you can spawn on ammo/medpacks cabinets so it can be conidered as a part of allies spawn .

well...i wish aggregate sometinhg:

i think that rules is when allies capturated the spawn, coz when axis have 1st spawn (when started the map)..allies can shot in the ammo /health cabinet, coz axis go for the other side :wink:

Bronze Star

Re: hi

Postby GokuSan » Sat Jun 20, 2009 17:15

Betinho wrote:1)GokuSan wrote:
Would be cool to fix a rule like this..

2)Bowdown wrote:
+1 , this "rule" is also runing on PS1 and that s what we alwayz did . You also have to know that you can spawn on ammo/medpacks cabinets so it can be conidered as a part of allies spawn .

well...i wish aggregate sometinhg:

i think that rules is when allies capturated the spawn, coz when axis have 1st spawn (when started the map)..allies can shot in the ammo /health cabinet, coz axis go for the other side :wink:

Indeed Betinho, I think the rules only is when allies blowed up wall. ;)

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Jun 20, 2009 17:49

ammo/med cabinets place is same spawn as it is near flag (its spawn for both teams). so shooting there is always sk.

bit offtopic, but maybe some of u didnt know that these are axis 2nd spawns also:

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Sat Jun 20, 2009 18:23

Diamond wrote:ammo/med cabinets place is same spawn as it is near flag (its spawn for both teams). so shooting there is always sk.

bit offtopic, but maybe some of u didnt know that these are axis 2nd spawns also:

No man you are wrong....when allies shot in ammo health cabinet when start the map is allowed (for example with mortar).
You need judge for where do you go...axis go to defend the other side...so, you can go for the other side (the side who allies attack).
When allies destroy the wall and have this spawn, allies need to go for the side for where is the ammo /health cabinet, that is the difference...
Last edited by Betinho on Sat Jun 20, 2009 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sat Jun 20, 2009 18:29

Yes Betinho.. You don't get it.. lol It's all allowed to allies to shoot at there. It's not for axis when allies got flag and blew up wall.. ^^'

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 18:32

BOWDOWN wrote:

Well I am PS 5 guy so :P
But my answer is still correct I think. Just don't damage people while they are standing in the spawn :D
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Sat Jun 20, 2009 19:34

Betinho wrote:No man you are wrong....when allies shot in ammo health cabinet when start the map is allowed (for example with mortar).

Like the pic shows, both Allies and Axis can spawn in the health/ammo cabinet room, so mortaring that exit is just ordinary SK, and also dangerously close to the 'flag room'.

Imo, both Bow and Ammz are on the same track here, they just look at it from a different angle. The thing is, even though you throw a canister/arty on the broken wall (the one that's already broken from the start), it still hits people inside the flag room most of the time (not even talking about the health/ammo cabinets).

On top of that, Axis often don't even look where they throw the damn thing. They go into the little room, throw it out of the window and try to make as much kills as possible without even knowing where their arty/airstrike actually hits.

I've seen a lot of warnings/kicks/bans for these actions on all our servers in the past already, so yeah it's pretty much an unwritten rule for Axis, not to throw airstrikes/arty over the broken wall on Oasis ;)
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sat Jun 20, 2009 21:18

Now that we talk about Oasis; is it allowed as Axis to go IN the cabinets room to get some health/ammo?

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Jun 20, 2009 23:15

GokuSan wrote:Now that we talk about Oasis; is it allowed as Axis to go IN the cabinets room to get some health/ammo?

well it is exactly the same as in caen. its better to keep away when its fixed spawn.

Veteran

Postby Spikeyhog » Sun Jun 21, 2009 13:10

I agree with Warren that if ammo/health is spawn for allies then it should be spawn for axis. Ive personally never spawned in that room, but if it does happen then surely it woulld be sk for allies to mortar entrance. If that is allowed, then it should be allowed for axis too, since allies could easily go out the back door of flag room and go round mortar fire.
~Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely~

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 15:10

In the past I used the cmd "/setspawnpt 3" to auto-respawn in the cabinets. Dunno if it still works with all those new versions..

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Sun Jun 21, 2009 18:05

In my opinion spawn is spawn. If you spawn in room near ammo cabinet, room with ammo/health isn't spawn so death when you take ammo shouldn't be spawnkill. And the same with mortar. You can use it only to small wall, but it isn't spawn place :?

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Sun Jun 21, 2009 19:02

Spikeyhog wrote:I agree with Warren that if ammo/health is spawn for allies then it should be spawn for axis. Ive personally never spawned in that room, but if it does happen then surely it woulld be sk for allies to mortar entrance. If that is allowed, then it should be allowed for axis too, since allies could easily go out the back door of flag room and go round mortar fire.

in ps 1 (inclusive i saw that in ps2) always allies shot in this place (ammo/health cainet), isnt sk , axis go for the other place and dont damage in spawn (maybe a bit lame :P ), but it is allowed (it is a very complicated map for allies coz they have 2 little ways)....
But axis shothing in the ammo health cabinet it is different (when allies captured the spawn), all allies go in this direction...so if axis shot in this place (for example with mortar) destroy all the game in this map, i think thats why it is forbbidden for axis.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 19:09

Betinho wrote:
Spikeyhog wrote:I agree with Warren that if ammo/health is spawn for allies then it should be spawn for axis. Ive personally never spawned in that room, but if it does happen then surely it woulld be sk for allies to mortar entrance. If that is allowed, then it should be allowed for axis too, since allies could easily go out the back door of flag room and go round mortar fire.

in ps 1 (inclusive i saw that in ps2) always allies shot in this place (ammo/health cainet), isnt sk , axis go for the other place and dont damage in spawn (maybe a bit lame :P ), but it is allowed (it is a very complicated map for allies coz they have 2 little ways)....
But axis shothing in the ammo health cabinet it is different (when allies captured the spawn), all allies go in this direction...so if axis shot in this place (for example with mortar) destroy all the game in this map, i think thats why it is forbbidden for axis.

You mean the allies shoot FROM the cabinets?(SC)
Indeed, that might be NOT tolerated.. :/

Veteran

Postby Spikeyhog » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:57

I know Allies go in that DIRECTION, but u can still go round it can you not? :S
That's me being hypothetical, if everyone says only up till wall, then i'm happy to go with that (not that i ever get the chance to use mortar =D )
~Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely~

Official Member

Postby Pasglop » Tue Dec 15, 2009 16:29

So, what we decide? because the discussion was still in question today on server.

No HW beyond wall (after it s broken) provided there's few ways (#2) out for allies to move forward ? or else ?

HW makes some splashdamages indeed, that obliterates allies actions from the beginning of their spawn.

my 2 cents...

Spam Pro

Postby Fefe » Tue Dec 15, 2009 16:39

Allies can acually spawn in ammo/medic cabinets house (near spawn) so its also spawn can shoot there or not ?
And i think can be after wall(arty) as long as it doesnt hit inside both spawns
Second spawn(ammo/medic cabs) has only one exit...
So what u say ?

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 17:02

That's the decision, imo.

BOWDOWN wrote:

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009