Voting ingame

Old server topics and posts from 2007, Read only
Spam Kid

Voting ingame

Postby Weirdo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 0:56

I was thinking about some stuff: currently Voting is turned off on PS servers, but there are few cool things there:

XP shuffle
Swap teams

Thing is, i heard that voting slowes down serwer, but those options would realy help. To avoid instant, continous voting, there might be one vote per game - for one player. (common settings)

Imho: there are moments, when the game is totally unfair and unbalanced and that would help a little.

Another idea is setting voting available only in Warmup time - but dunno if its possible.

Veteran

Postby Scuba_Steve » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:15

Well its a unwritten rule that theres only a (xp) shuffle of players in the begin or ending of the map.

ppl will vote in the middle of the match and ppl will be shuffled,

shuffled ppl = annoyed ppl most of the time, so i dont see why we need a shuffle vote,

btw, there are admins around who can do !shuffle if you really need one ;)

Spam Kid

Postby Weirdo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:29

Scuba_Steve wrote:Well its a unwritten rule that theres only a (xp) shuffle of players in the begin or ending of the map.

shuffled ppl = annoyed ppl most of the time, so i dont see why we need a shuffle vote,

Yup so main problem is setting voting only in warmup time. `d like to know if its possible

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:37

Scuba_Steve wrote:Well its a unwritten rule that theres only a (xp) shuffle of players in the begin or ending of the map.

True. There is rarly no admin on servers, and all admins try to make teamz even in the beginin on th emap. Add a vote system is usless, most of the time, players who was shuffled came back to their place again, in the other hand xp shuffle is not not so helpful in my eyez cuz we all know that havin a bif Xp is not so many important for ur skills and gameplay.

And ja, scuba is right , personaly we try to don t shuffle in the middle of the map (usualy after some requests, some nice players even teamz themself :) , if not we use putteam), if not it will cause troubles and i can pretty understand that, some wil loose their spree or obj or ..., it will just be a big mess. So, no need to add a voting system in my eyez for the moment.

Spam Kid

Postby Weirdo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:44

I don`t want to be inpolite, but hey - i know what does PS members and admins think about voting :) And i agree that sortin ppl in the middle of a match would be annoying, but once again i`ll ask, if its possible to make voting available only in warmup time :>

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2007