WolfAdmin

Share your custom configs, homemade binds, ET related programs, etc.
Spam Noob

WolfAdmin

Postby Timothy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 20:54

I would like to present you a custom Lua module I am developing, called WolfAdmin. It is an addition to the existing commands, so it does not replace the default shrubbot (admin) behaviour implemented by NoQuarter. It consists primarily of enhanced features for admins, such as the ability to save warns (just like in ETPub), soundmute a player and list aliases for a specific player. However, there is much more to discover!

Features
  • Many admin commands (15+ currently!)
  • Warnings history for players/admins (including ability to delete warns)
  • Alias listing for players/admins (currently grouped by GUID)
  • Auto balancer (can also be manually triggered)
  • Map spree records (kills, deaths and revive)
  • Rulebook display
  • Player greetings (configurable by level and player GUID)
  • Custom polls (f.e. toggling bots on and off)
  • Next map voting timeout (so you can only skip map during first x minutes)
... and everything is configurable (either via cvars, config files or shrubbot)

Commands
Work just like the default commands (also /!silent commands and fireteam commands are implemented). The commands are granted via shrubbot flags, for documentation see the NoQuarter wiki (some of the WolfAdmin commands use custom flags, though).

In addition to new commands, there is also an admin chat: use /adminchat [msg] (or /ac) to send a message. Added a new shrub flag ~ (tilde) which selects players/levels who are allowed to read the admin chat.

Custom polls
WolfAdmin also includes some new voting types, at the moment providing some voting options for bot controlling. There is also a customized vote menu available. This menu includes the custom polls I have created (an additional wolfadmin.pk3 is provided).

More information
You can view a full documentation, including feature specification and screenshots on the official WolfAdmin website. You will also find a download link on there!

For all questions, feature requests and other comments, please be my guest and post it in this topic! Image
Last edited by Timothy on Mon Jan 30, 2017 20:54, edited 4 times in total.

Server Owner

Re: WolfAdmin

Postby stephan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 20:56

I already had the pleasure to test it and it has quite some nice elements :)

Things which i find are interesting for PS:
- warn history
- custom polls

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Tue Jan 06, 2015 22:09

Nicely done. :P
Image :wth:

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Wed Jan 07, 2015 16:44

It looks very nice. I have scripted quite a lot of lua for PS, so if you have any questions or need for ideas ask along ;).

Did you take a look on the NOQ project?

Spam Noob

Postby Timothy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 22:14

egglaf wrote:It looks very nice. I have scripted quite a lot of lua for PS, so if you have any questions or need for ideas ask along ;).

Did you take a look on the NOQ project?

I know about the eggtools, so I will definitely ask you if I need help with something ET related. Thanks for the offer! If you have any ideas, feel free to post them, I am always looking for new challenges.

I am aware of NOQ, but I do not really like the way they have set it up. It consists of two really big files, whereas my project consists of several small files (rather modules). Besides that, it has its flaws here and there I have heard. So that's why I decided to create my own module hehe.

Some updates: implemented a database, so it's possible to save and list aliases + warns. More to come :-)

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:53

We have collected already some ideas, I'll list a few here.

I would improve the !mute function, because it is buggy. Some bot command might be handy as well, for admins beside the voting. !incognito seems tricky, how would you hid the aka name at !listplayers. I am not really a fan of scripts that alter the shrubot config.

You cannot see it on the server, but some eggtools command are always silent if defined. Commands as !icognito might be suitable for this.

Also I would extend the !warn logging with mutes, kicks and bans. My idea was to put this information into files as the same way xp is stored. GUID.dat, so information could be easily retrieved from the server. But you can use SQL for this as well ofc.

Also I have written a timer module, which works by IPC, you may have it. It is very handy if you have multiple lua modules which are in need of such a function.

And of course you don't have fun mods! !panzerwar must be in it!

Spam Noob

Postby Timothy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:43

Currently !incognito edits the shrub file, but it is save if I am correct. It's using a regex, or at least Lua's implementation of this, and does everything in milliseconds. Another solution is writing my own implementation of !listplayers (which has its flaws).

Bot commands are indeed a good suggestion. Will add it to my todo list.

I am not really in favour of silent commands. All commands currently work and behave as regular shrub commands, with /adminchat (or /ac) being the only exception. Of course you are always able to do /!incognito (or !incognito in fireteam).

Mutes and bans in the database is indeed a good idea (or do you mean storing old bans in !showwarns?). Can you name one of the bugs in !mute? I personally never experienced any while using it.

I am writing my own timer module (without IPC), but if you are willing to contribute, feel free to send it via PM or something.

Fun mods are a good idea. However, you are able to this easily via a config file (my own panzerscript edits only 4 cvars), so it's not really a priority at the moment.

Spam Noob

Postby Timothy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 19:22

Have been fixing bugs mainly the last few days, but I have also added some new features. Of course they also serve as an add-on and can of course be disabled.

• Further worked out the SQL database (currently only MySQL is supported)
  • Added a debug module for scripting purposes
  • Customized the vote menu - this menu includes the custom polls I have created (an additional wolfadmin.pk3 is provided). Note that for this menu to work, you may have to edit your own custom menu (additional instructions will be provided later). Check the server for a demo.
  • Changed !balance behaviour - added cvars for controlling the actions. g_evenerMinDifference sets the minimum difference before the balancer starts putting players, g_evenerMaxDifference sets the difference for a shuffle.
  • Added the ability to restrict certain votes - a new cvar g_restrictedVotes was added. Add a comma-separated list of vote types which shall be restricted. Added a new shrub flag % which overrules this behaviour.
  • Added admin chat - use /adminchat [msg] (or /ac) to send a message. Added a new shrub flag ~ (tilde) which selects players/levels who are allowed to read the admin chat.

Hope to present you a download soon :-)

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sun Jan 11, 2015 13:21

Sounds really cool! I guess that in time this could be a replacement, for our (and my partially outdated) systems :).

Give me a poke if you need some help. Preferably by email, see pm.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sun Jan 11, 2015 13:42

I've never been into such game scripting, but it might be neat to do. That SQL funcionality puzzles me. Is it directly implemented in script language or do you have to use some middleware (integration platforms etc.)?

Spam Noob

Postby Timothy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 14:20

DMG_Kowi wrote:I've never been into such game scripting, but it might be neat to do. That SQL funcionality puzzles me. Is it directly implemented in script language or do you have to use some middleware (integration platforms etc.)?

SQL is not implemented by Lua itself. However, it is possible to download an extra library (in the form of .so/.dll file) which has implemented those functions, so you can use them in Lua.

Thanks for the help egg, it's much appreciated!

Spam Noob

Postby Timothy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 17:55

Update
I'm very proud to announce that a public beta is now available for download! It contains a lot of new updates, primarily:

• rename logging which NQ had implemented in versions prior to 1.2.9 (not exactly know which) has been reimplemented by WolfAdmin (x renamed to y)
  • next map will be announced during intermission
  • implemented a welcome message which will be displayed when a player connects and enters the game world
  • spree records may now be saved in database
  • reworked database and file saving
  • commands can now be added by just adding a new lua file to the /commands directory
  • !incognito did not work with special characters, this is now resolved
  • added a /about command which displays the current WolfAdmin version on the server + a link to the website

You are able to download the latest version from the website! Please report any bugs you find in the bug tracker.

Spam Noob

Postby Timothy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 20:52

After almost a year since the first public release I am pleased to announce the first major update to WolfAdmin, which is now available for download!

This release contains an improved balancer, which may now filter for dead players, the last player that joined a team or objective carriers. Besides that, the command system has been reworked so it is even easier to add your own commands! And last but not least, WolfAdmin now supports SQLite in addition to MySQL; this makes it even easier for server owners to start a server with WolfAdmin!

In addition to this brand new release, the website has been updated to accommodate all the new functionality. This makes it easier for me to maintain the documentation, which will expand a lot in the upcoming months, since another update is on its way! WolfAdmin 1.1.0 is only the start of a new series of updates coming out, since the next version will support ET: Legacy and brings a lot of new functionality, so stay tuned!

In case you encounter a bug or want to share anything else that might be interesting, please use the official bug tracker. Besides that you can also monitor the continuous development in the GitHub repository.

Return to PS Techz0ne