Prime Squadron [MAP RELEASE]

Share your custom configs, homemade binds, ET related programs, etc.
Server High Admin

Re: Prime Squadron [MAP RELEASE]

Postby Leo_The_God » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:37

egglaf wrote:Map already tested?

If so we will make a nice PS introduction event of it :).

I did it but alone, obj works and no "big" bug found. Imo we could introduce it
GoD is DeaD

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:22

I did it alone too and also didnt notice any bug. Map looks nice and imo everything will come out in action how can be this map upgraded.

Sooo.... Ready to go ready to action :drool:

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:02

:good: Agreed, great map, should be put in the rotation. :P
Image :wth:

Official Member

Postby Kuna » Sun Jun 01, 2014 21:40

I just making a wishlist of things which i should chenge/add in the beta version. Already it looks like that:

-Command post : atm i just made a good place for that. Will be neutral cp so that should motivate both teams to fight for every piece of map.
-Sewer : I will make some sand near elevator to let axis more control on that way.
-first Gate area : There will be some grass which may stop so fast Allied player, Still thinking the structure and perfect location of that to make game more interesting.
-Axis secound spawn exit : There are already 5 exits, but i want to make a straight way to let Axis defend the objective faster and more efficiently. When i make it then some other way will be deleted to stay with 5-ways thing.
-Rolling or destroyable gates at obj room : Still dont know which one will be better - rolling or destroyable. The second idea looks theoretically fking hard for Allies, cause when Axis will have 5 exits where one will be near that gate then disarm dyna would be rly easy to do. The rolling gates idea have more adventages, it will make map more dynamic, but what happen when someone steal objective and stuck before doors cuz enemy closed them? Then Axis will chase to truck with thought Allies just running here, and then easily another allies can open them and use side way...card thing?...have to think about it.
-Constructable ramp at part 2 (side way) : Another good adventage for Axis, it will be also satchelable.

-Constructable and destroyable fence/doors part 1 (middle-left way) : Will be dynamitable only, should help Axis to focus more on Gate defending.
-Moving truck : Probably truck will be located on bridge at second part. Also will place the objective spot here, when Allies bring objective into truck then it will move...still thinking about the route for it.
-Bot waypoints : lot of requests :)
-Brushwork fixes, making map more attractive

Of course wishlist will be changed while we will test that map. Then i will notice which one of that things must be here which not.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sun Jun 01, 2014 22:53

I've run the map on localhost. Impressions on design:

+
Map is detailed. Wooden frames in windows, some fancy places, even roof in the sewers not just simple flat stone. This makes it look more real and aesthetic. No need to be eagle eye to see that many (popular) fan made maps are full of plain cubes, walls with no details which looks ugly. Of course still not the level of original maps or maps like Bridges, Pirates, which have very realistic and coherent design. But still it's really good.
Map has complex structure and many ways, which seem to be really usable and not just to 'be so'.

-
For me open spaces should be smaller, corridors shorter, etc. to make the map more compact. It is impossible to do such modifications on this stage, but too me map would be more realistic and detailed this way and also certain areas would gain significance in terms on gameplay. Because, what I think is clear for most ET players, on large maps there are often large areas, which no one even goes to and are pretty useless and needless.
Light in sewers is too bright. Sewers should be darker. Also complexity might discourage people at the start.

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Sun Jun 01, 2014 23:23

kunab wrote: The rolling gates idea have more adventages, it will make map more dynamic, but what happen when someone steal objective and stuck before doors cuz enemy closed them?

You could do that "costruction site" for doors generator is inside obj room. (I don't know how construction script works, if you need to put the construction site close to the obj that might be constructed, or that you could put it farther)
GoD is DeaD

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:46

I would put the readme.txt also in the zip package ;) not everyone inspects the pk3 package.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Jun 02, 2014 13:41

I and egg also did a little test round:
A couple of questions:
- Is that one thing near allies first spawn a teleporter :p?
- Am I right that the sewers are a dead end?

Also I have to agree with kowi, there are a lot of open spaces. I too would like it if these would be reduced, also all these (short) sideways with a dead end do not have a function.

If this map will be played, I think that the first gate is quite easy to blow. After this axis will camp massively near objective and the result is that allies have to cross a lot of distance to reach them. Also I think that once allies have the objective, it is very hard to catch up with them.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Mon Jun 02, 2014 13:47

fartje wrote:Am I right that the sewers are a dead end?

After allies spawn on right side there's a breach in the asphalt, here you could simply blow the road with a nife or a nade. So you will open the sewer way for allies, and axis have to defend also this way
GoD is DeaD

Official Member

Postby Kuna » Mon Jun 02, 2014 14:04

Smadje wrote:If this map will be played, I think that the first gate is quite easy to blow. After this axis will camp massively near objective and the result is that allies have to cross a lot of distance to reach them. Also I think that once allies have the objective, it is very hard to catch up with them.

Smadje wrote:- Is that one thing near allies first spawn a teleporter :p?

Huh where? no :o

Smadje wrote:- Am I right that the sewers are a dead end?

No, the sewer is made for Allies, i explained that in some post before.

Smadje wrote:Also I have to agree with kowi, there are a lot of open spaces. I too would like it if these would be reduced, also all these (short) sideways with a dead end do not have a function.

dead end? no, trust me that rooms will be useful. There is nothing useless, every wall/crate/road/ramp etc is made with some intension. About open spaces..thats not like i just made it without any knowledge about the players thinking. I was looking how ppl behave on larger and shorter spaces, and that larger space will be a adventage for Axis. Anyway everything will be clear for you while we play that on server (also clear for me).

Smadje wrote:If this map will be played, I think that the first gate is quite easy to blow.

In first few plays of that map - yes, later Axis will learn where to move, and what adventges they have by playing on higher spots.

Smadje wrote:After this axis will camp massively near objective and the result is that allies have to cross a lot of distance to reach them

hmmm...Marrakech, Braundorf, Goldrush, Oasis etc etc etc etc .... u kidding me? thats problem for u?

Smadje wrote:Also I think that once allies have the objective, it is very hard to catch up with them.

...For example (not well example but close to) check for snatch...its easy to catch them.

You are never sure how players will behave and where they go, so before we test it we just can say "theoretically" :)
Last edited by Kuna on Mon Jun 02, 2014 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Jun 02, 2014 14:14

You forgot the sounds on the doors ;)

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 14:18

Kuna wrote:You are never sure how players will behave and where they go, so before we test it we just can say "theoretically" :)

We can blablablabling therotically, but never know if we dont try. And never find out what to upgrade if we dont try...

:beer:

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Thu Jun 26, 2014 22:27

How is it going with the beta chapie? If things are fixed I will put into the rotation :).

Official Member

Postby Kuna » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:01

Im still making the beta. Lot of ideas u gave me, and i also have my own, so its not that easy to make everything fast:)
I hope later will be posibility to test my map before i release beta. I mean when on server are less ppl cuz if that test again will have some bug then many ppl will have useless pk3 in etmain, i dont know how many time we will test it (if ofc its posibility) and i dont want to make a trash from /etmain folder :)
Atm i made a Side Door in first part and another Gate. Also made some grass/dirt to let Axis use their landmines. First part looks rly nice :)
Now im working on truck, it will be as in goldrush, u have to capture two gold crates into truck, then it will escape from city, it works but noticed some bugs, probably have to check scripts. Ah...Ofc i made command post, its in second part and i calculated good spot for it. Also changed the side way to obj, there will be a ramp, and that building where ramp touch looks much different and let Axis take strong control. Still lot of ideas are here so be patient !

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Fri Jun 27, 2014 15:05

Kuna if u want test the map before the release I think there are no problem about use the EC server. You just have to ask egg for it
GoD is DeaD

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:02

Leo_The_God wrote:Kuna if u want test the map before the release I think there are no problem about use the EC server. You just have to ask egg for it

It is possible if we want to test it with several PS people. Still the map should not be buggy or containing other flaws that eat lots of cpu power, else PS#1 might be affected.

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 20:44

Little update:
Omni-Bot wayfile for the map.

The wayfile may not be perfect yet, but it should run without problems and the allies know how to make the objective (they always win). The map is way too big and complex for good gameplay with bots, but this should be better than waiting 30mins or doing the objective completely alone while the bots just turn around in spawn. :P
If the wayfile will find its way on any server (either ours or someone elses) please PM me on forum if you notice the bots doing stupid things like getting stuck somewhere, preferably with pics attached.
Attachments
primesquadron_omnibot.zip
(24.93 KiB) Downloaded 821 times
Image thx for diamond :D

Previous

Return to PS Techz0ne