Map project - Humidum Station

Share your custom configs, homemade binds, ET related programs, etc.
Veteran

Map project - Humidum Station

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Jun 18, 2012 21:59

I am finally able to make my dream come true and do something creative and new. At the moment I have a map project called Humidum Station. The word Humidum comes from English word Humid. This map is designed for at least 40 players and over if necessary.

Humidum Station takes place in Norway. Where Axis try to destroy a generator and Allies try to stop that happening. Humidum Station is an abandoned place which used to store water and also clean it for different purposes.

The process of this project is at very begining. So it will take some time to get this map at least on beta state. I will make sure to put here some pictures of the map, and if there is something which may halt the process, I will more likely say it here. But in this summer the process won't be so fast because I have more than enough other things to do at the same time.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Jun 18, 2012 22:43

Good luck! It would be very nice if you succeed.

Official Member

Postby deep » Mon Jun 18, 2012 22:44

Sounds nice. I was also thinking about making some maps, but only fragmaps. Will you be using the new GtkRadient 1.6.2? Anyway if you need any special textures, PM me.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Mon Jun 18, 2012 23:20

Don't know if you know this btw, but wolffiles has a quite nice amounts of prefabs :)

http://wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&cat=1&scat=17

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Jun 18, 2012 23:32

Diamond wrote:Sounds nice. I was also thinking about making some maps, but only fragmaps. Will you be using the new GtkRadient 1.6.2? Anyway if you need any special textures, PM me.

Yes I use 1.6.2. It was so pain to mess with 1.5 or 1.4 so I gave up my dreams but this new version gave me the chance to do what I wanted to, now with Windows 7. Earlier versions did not work almsot at all, always some sort of problems appeared.
Anyway I appreciate very much your offer Diamond, I'll ask if necessary. I probably will have my problems while scripting the map anyway. Also one big detail, the map will be fully indoors.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 23:59

Is 1.6.2 the newset version of GtkRadiant? I also wanted to make some maps for ET but never had enough patience. I only made some DM for half-life and some stuff for CS.

Good luck!!!

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:54

Yes GtkRadiant 1.6.2 is the latest version, it was released like a month ago. It has save problem fixed and also the problem where you couldn't do anything on those windows where you do all the brushes.

I will provide some screenshots from the first part of the map today, but a bit later.

-*S

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:16

good luck with it...
always nice to see signs of life of ET :)
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Server High Admin

Postby Oxyg3n » Tue Jun 19, 2012 22:18

Nice to hear that, good luck and good work Saukko!

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 0:30

Here are some screenshots, they are a bit brither than my brightness is in-game:

I really had some problems with getting the textures right on those down hills, the textures just can't move with brush while rotating it, which really is so pain. I guess there might be some sort of trick, and will probably try to find that. These two pictures is from the first stage which I am now working on. The first one is from inside a little warehouse, Allies spawn is right up those stairs. Anyway the scale was a bit smaller than I expected so I think I will expand the first stage because Axis spawn is a bit too close to the building. For now I just added skybox because otherwise my map would be in dark. In the second picture you can see the exits from Allies spawn, and on the left I was thinking about a door where you can come out also (see the first picture). I haven't thought about the second stage at all, because I want to make it section, which gives more time to think and can easily concentrate on things. And no worries, those dark spots which you can see on the pictures won't remain dark whey are just there because I fastly put some light to see my map inside out.

-*S

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Wed Jun 20, 2012 0:33

Nice! How long did it took you to achieve this?

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Wed Jun 20, 2012 0:43

Will you add some details to the interiors? There should be some distinguishable trim to the buildings. Otherway the map will look too raw and therefore unrealistic.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:23

Well it took like 20 minutes making this all + I had to mess with the textures like over 1 hour on those tubes. Anyway I will make the details later because first I will make the main structure. The fillings will be set after everything structural stuff is done. Today I'll try to set the objective of the first state, if I have some time.

-*S

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:45

You can select a regular brush and press N to get at the worldspawn settings.
Enter "ambient" in the key and a number say "10" in the value and press return. So you wont need a skybox or even lighting if you set higher value.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:41

Yeah I know that but don't know why I didn't set it, but will set it soon enough. Maybe I just put the skybox because I found it as a fastest temporary solution. But well it wouldn't have take so much time to set that ambient. But well maybe I learn from bad decisions. :D

-*S

Official Member

Postby Death » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:55

So saukko,
Deeps map is getting all the attention but how is your map comming along? :)

Give some new screenies pls if you have them!

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Fri Aug 03, 2012 17:47

Due to all the matriculation hassle, driving license theory part. Well in other words, I do not find for the map right now. And also I had to start thinking the map all over again. I will post something when I can even proceed.

So yes better keep an eye on Diamond's map rather than my. ;)

-*S

Return to PS Techz0ne