Weaponbank Script

Share your custom configs, homemade binds, ET related programs, etc.
Spam Noob

Weaponbank Script

Postby Matrox » Sat Apr 21, 2012 22:43

Hello there, i made weaponbank script for fast weapon change. This script is similar to Fov one.

Code: Select all
[set weaponbank2 "weaponbank 2; set weaponbankchange vstr weaponbank3"
set weaponbank3 "weaponbank 3; set weaponbankchange vstr weaponbank2"
bind MOUSE3 "vstr weaponbankchange"
set weaponbankchange "vstr weaponbank2"

That was small introduction, anyway i have small problem with this thing. Script lives in autoexec.cfg and should be load when ET process starts. But after turning on ET, game just eresa this cmd from autoexec. It's so annoying, when you turn off et, and then turn it on again script just dissapear, so you need to load this manual bu your won hand. It's suck a bit. And my question is, ET deleting this scirpt becouse of what? Or this is just server restriction. And last question am'i cheater beacouse of this? :D

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 23:43

Hi,

I think it is more likely that there is a bind on your MOUSE3 already in your profile or some other config in your et that makes this bind go away (i.e. rebinding MOUSE3). You'd better profile folder and all cfgs you can find for a possible bind that might cause this cmd to be rebinded.

It is a long shot, but ...

Best,
C

Spam Noob

Postby Matrox » Sun Apr 22, 2012 0:13

I did it already. Fov change script work normaly but this weaponbank not :(

Official Member

Postby Death » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:01

i've had automatic changes aswell in my etconfigs.. dissaepearing enemy spawtimers and shit.. but no idea how to solve it, guess you have to save it in ET itself or smth to save it... dont really know...........too drunk &&z4

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 13:41

Matrox wrote:I did it already. Fov change script work normaly but this weaponbank not :(

So after you run ET and connect to a server write:
/bind MOUSE3

Now that should give you an idea whence it is being rebinded. If indeed it is so and it gets rebinded, just humor me and check the configs again by trying to connect to the server you want use this script on (presumably PS1 or smth.). Then, after you have connected, open up your console and scroll up ... there is bound to be a line saying 'executing blabla/profiles/ckEy' or something could be executed (your profile settings), plus autoexec.cfg (general autoexec), autoexec_default.cfg (autoexec if map is unknown) plus there might be autoexec_mapname.cfg (map specific autoexec). Make sure that there is not a single line with MOUSE3.

To give you an idea, my old et (one I ain't using anymore, but that is quite beside the point) is execin these, in this order:
[504] » cat client.log | grep exec
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec language.cfg
execing profiles/ckEy/etconfig.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
execing ckey.cfg
execing voice.cfg
execing binds.cfg
execing profiles/ckEy/etconfig.cfg

If you use smth. like spawn timer or spawn selector there is bound to be execin autoexec_general.cfg or autoexec_[mapname].cfg too.

[C]

Return to PS Techz0ne