Headsetinput broken

Share your custom configs, homemade binds, ET related programs, etc.
Server High Admin

Headsetinput broken

Postby blazing » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:09

hey,

well this sounds kinda stupid (and it is) but well i have my headset wired to the front of my pc (usb input)
and well the little plug to put it in broke inside of the pc so i dont have sound anymore (and a loose cable without the little plug infront which is still stuck inside my pc)

and my pc thinks i got sound from the headset so my pc boxes doesnt give sound because of that little plug stuck inside there

is their a way to without the things i found on google (glue it out) to put the boxes on while the little plug is still inside it?

if so can someone explain to me how i should do that?
since im a total noob with pc's and it sucks without sound and i dont want to let it repair yet since ill get it out somehow , someday:P

thanks in advantage

thanks diamond:)

Official Member

Postby Death » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:54

You can try going to sound settings, then extra settings or whatever and disable/shutdown headphones maybe that works.
Else just open ur pc case, take the plug out that says sound or whatever (too drunk to remember what it sayt) and then it shoud be fine but you would ofc lose the mic and sound functions in the front of ur pc.

Other options are buy new pc or try to get that shitty thing out :D I know its hard, my sister had it once and i couldnt be arsed to look at it X)

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:59

i have realtek integrated card adn i had problem with front panel but i can switch off it on control panel of my sound card and than it's read only from rear output.
And like @Death NAB said U can open your case and find a bables from your front input panel and than switch of from your motherboard. it's not that hard and when U pull wrong cable shouldn't happend nothing. also u can find correct pin on your user guide form your motherboard. In BIOS in my PC don't know how it is in your but i can switch off some stuff usb port etc.

Official Member

Postby SturmGonzo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 0:22

usually the front pannel of a case is plugged on the lower side of the motherboard and the cables comming from the pannel have all names on them.. if u cant find anything written on it just follow the cable from the jack input to the motherboard and unplug it, shouldnt be that hard.. i had same problem on my old case and it solved the problem, in this new1 i have options to setup the headset as surround speakers, u hear strange sounds on it while the normal loudspeakers talks normal and it s like u got a surround system with headset on xD

Return to PS Techz0ne