Thank you! Button.

Everything related to our website: report bugs, broken links, offensive posts, etc.
Spam Kid

Thank you! Button.

Postby iZver » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:42

Many forums, especially the help related ones, use a feature I am sure you all are familiar with. But not only does it show in your profile how helpfull you are, but also prevent a lot of random spam.

Instead of posting a short Thank you thread, hit the Thank you button

I do believe such a feature could be an improvement. It's nice to see the most "helpfull" people if nothing else. :roll:

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:13

/me support that :)

Spam God

Postby flow » Fri Feb 12, 2010 13:19

so this is like reputation system, people can give you + (positive) reputation or - (negative) reputation depending your post quality...

imo it would be nice idea :)
i have seen it on many forums and it works well in those :)

and i did some searching and i see that it is possible to install to phpbb forums :)

User Reputation System

This hack allows users to give reputation points to each other, earn them by the number posts that they have and by "living" on the community (being registered for a certain amount of time). You can see the history of reputating giving and the administrator can edit a user's reputation points in the ACP. You can set it up to be text based or graphic based (with medals, etc.)

(i can give you link but not going to add it to this post to avoid "adversiting" :D
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 13:39

A reputation system would indeed stop/limit spam :P

If would be great to have this feature if it's possible to implement on PHPnuke, A must have!

Spam Lord

Postby Rainbow » Fri Feb 12, 2010 14:02

I also want a "friend/foe" system. There (i know it from other boards) you can add ppl to the friends list to mark them up a bit, and "foe" list to toggle their posts (you just have messages "xy posted here, was toggled out,click if you want to see the post").

Return to PS Website Input