problem with the new wolfenstein

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Veteran

problem with the new wolfenstein

Postby Necromancer » Sun May 23, 2010 22:48

Hi all,

This post if for Wolfenstein from 2009, and i have one big problem for launch the game.

I receive all time when i will launch the game "You are not authorized to launch the game" hey wtf !!! i have administrator privilege in windows 7 and can launch it ?

Only this game will not work all other are ok strange...

When one have one solution or idee i accept all for test.

-|PS|N3crom@nc3r

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon May 24, 2010 3:05

Launch as admin? Or change it in the settings "Propriétes"
The game sucks anyway.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon May 24, 2010 6:25

@Goku Did you even read what Necro said. He uses adminstrator mod.

I tried to find something from Google but nothing. What it could be then ? Did you try to reinstall ? But before that try to use it as in XP SP3 mod. Seriously I can't find nothing ? Which Windows 7 do you have ? Ultimate ? I think I should also buy this game and try it out because, with new games I have no problems, not even with those which aren't Win 7 supported.

Hope so you find solution.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Mon May 24, 2010 10:15

I don't know or it helps anything but I bought the game some time ago.
On the cover is standing:
System Requirements:
OS - Windows XP and Vista.

so maybe it just doesn't support 7 ?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon May 24, 2010 12:18

Saukko wrote:@Goku Did you even read what Necro said. He uses adminstrator mod.

I tried to find something from Google but nothing. What it could be then ? Did you try to reinstall ? But before that try to use it as in XP SP3 mod. Seriously I can't find nothing ? Which Windows 7 do you have ? Ultimate ? I think I should also buy this game and try it out because, with new games I have no problems, not even with those which aren't Win 7 supported.

-*S

He sais he is Administrator, not that he launch as admin. That are 2 different things afaik

Necro, what version of 7 u got? Home, Pro, Ultimate..?

Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Mon May 24, 2010 14:14

GokuSan wrote:
Saukko wrote:@Goku Did you even read what Necro said. He uses adminstrator mod.

-*S

He sais he is Administrator, not that he launch as admin. That are 2 different things afaik

Necro, what version of 7 u got? Home, Pro, Ultimate..?

He is talking about

Veteran

Postby Necromancer » Tue May 25, 2010 0:33

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits, i tested it on my father PC her have Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bits.

My is orginal win7 but modified with Vlite1.2, and my father have original win7 not modified. And on the PC from my father is not an admin right and the game launch !.

Ok on this link is the method for change win7 with vlite1.2 (in french need to translate in english)

http://www.dzsat.org/forum/f220/alleger ... 90567.html

And when the first time installed win7 home premium 64 bits not modified the game launch with no admin right.

I have installed and reinstalled the game no work on my modified win7 !

Drag i have tested the RUN THIS PROGRAM AS AN ADMINISTRATOR = no work.

Why modified my win7 64bits it's easy in normal install is aprox 20 GO on HD, my modified Win7 64Bits it's only aprox 6 Go on HD (deleted natural language, palm pc tablet and so).

And all is working programs games, ex of game Sacred2, Kingpin, Ut2004, RTCW, Enemy Territory, Necrovision Lost Company etc.. and all working for the moment old and new game.

Possible other security in exe from wolfenstein ? strange why the game will not work.

Material of my pc, core i5 750, HD5870, 4Go ram kingston, directx 9,10,11 up to date, and physx 9.09.1112.

Ok you can all of my pc.

-|PS|-N3crom@nc3r

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Tue May 25, 2010 6:38

Well, the fact that you can't launch it as Windows XP is because you have this feature only from Professional & higher.

But I have NO idea of what the problem could be, weird.. :?
Last edited by GokuSan on Tue May 25, 2010 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue May 25, 2010 19:50

havent you thought about installing the full version of win7 and not just some pieces?. maybe u didnt install something that the game needs? idk tht would be my first quess..

Official Member

Postby Mefisto » Tue May 25, 2010 20:12

best and quickest solution instal special for this game next system on the some small partition : fe Win Xp on partition 10GB schould solved all Your problems
ofc if You have old grandpa XP install disc

:) sometimes fight whit windows is just to much for normal human

Return to ET Help Desk