Computer crashing in etpro

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Veteran

Computer crashing in etpro

Postby Ajit » Wed Apr 21, 2010 19:34

Hello,

I have a big problem.

My computer freezes in etpro after map is finished (in intermission time).

What I have done to try to fix it:

I re-installed my Enemy Territory completely
I deleted whole Enemy Territory folder (I got only few .pk3 files now)

then I saw it didn't help so:
I though maybe it's my config's problem - I played with default config and still my computer froze after map is completed

And now - I am out of ideas

It doesn't happen in NQ. It happens only in etpro servers, not only in 1 server - so it can't be servers fault.
When I'm running ET (doesn't depend on mod), i got same programs running - mIRC, ventrilo and ET

I also though it might be my etpro's fault - but after I re-installed ET, it still happens
Any ideas?
Last edited by Ajit on Wed Apr 21, 2010 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed Apr 21, 2010 19:35

did u try to update / change ur g-card drivers?
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Wed Apr 21, 2010 19:36

icefrost wrote:did u try to update / change ur g-card drivers?

I updated, but it didn't work

----

Can it be the reason?:

My computer is piece of shit :D ?

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 19:42

you're just 2 low 4 etpro.

edit: found nothing on google.. try #etpro on irc and try to find sumthing there..

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed Apr 21, 2010 19:56

Garfield wrote:
icefrost wrote:did u try to update / change ur g-card drivers?

I updated, but it didn't work

----

Can it be the reason?:

My computer is piece of shit :D ?

well, if the game crashes it could of c be a g-card issue, would maybe try a older version of your g-card driver.

also would seek the computer about spyware/adware/vires, to be sure it's not infected or blocked by anything.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Apr 21, 2010 20:10

give PC specs

Official Member

Postby Mefisto » Wed Apr 21, 2010 20:34

do You play on youngest games?
its doing only on etpro or on nq also, its happend when You try play on the others games?

WE is old game which dnt need new machine, if situation like this is not happend on the newest/ similar games I will tell You that You dnt have problems whit graphic card. If it happend You have propable broke g-card, or cooler (if it have it) on it.

Second thing from You machine can be also RAM. In the past i got 2 bones of RAM and one of them was broken.not similar to second one. I got wierd and unexpect crashesh my PC.

Third thing can be also You main cooler. If its broken, will be very hot. When it get high temp will crasch whole game/system.

But as sayed before You must tell us its happend only on etpro or on others games also. Then I can tell You that is or not problem whit Your PC
ImageImage
`` I`m not full of fear 'cause I`m not really here I`m nowhere near here ...``
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... iia/simple come back to WoW Dagtard :)

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Wed Apr 21, 2010 22:58

Mefisto wrote:do You play on youngest games?
its doing only on etpro or on nq also, its happend when You try play on the others games?

WE is old game which dnt need new machine, if situation like this is not happend on the newest/ similar games I will tell You that You dnt have problems whit graphic card. If it happend You have propable broke g-card, or cooler (if it have it) on it.

Second thing from You machine can be also RAM. In the past i got 2 bones of RAM and one of them was broken.not similar to second one. I got wierd and unexpect crashesh my PC.

Third thing can be also You main cooler. If its broken, will be very hot. When it get high temp will crasch whole game/system.

But as sayed before You must tell us its happend only on etpro or on others games also. Then I can tell You that is or not problem whit Your PC

Garfield wrote:It doesn't happen in NQ. It happens only in etpro servers, not only in 1 server - so it can't be servers fault.
:roll:

when game ends, then my computer crashes (freezes) and when 2nd round starts then it's normal again.

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Wed Apr 21, 2010 23:31

Are these servers pb enabled, or doesn't that matter?

Like Ice said, check your pc for viruses/malware. Do a defrag and check your disk for errors (chkdsk /F f.e.).

Garfield wrote:when game ends, then my computer crashes (freezes) and when 2nd round starts then it's normal again.

Lol, so what is it? A full crash or a temporary freeze? :P Have you tried to run ET with as less extra programs and background processes as possible?
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Official Member

Postby Mefisto » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:28

when game ends, then my computer crashes (freezes) and when 2nd round starts then it's normal again.

its problem whit Your system not machine/PC.
Do what warren told, if not help reinstall whole system imo best solution.
Must be some kind of error, maybe You got earlier virus and antivir del some datas.

Spam Kid

Postby Red0x » Thu Apr 22, 2010 13:37

had some sort of same problem

but my pc didnt only crash in et
also when i listened a few songs after short time it freezed

i downloaded spyware doctor
and oh wonder it found a few nice trojans and much other craps

now after all is deleted my pc is a bit slowed (i think bcs of SD in background)
but the main problem is fixed

my pc doesnt freeze anymore

^^^thx to zombie^^^ :wink:

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Thu Apr 22, 2010 15:40

heh .. meybe here u find something

push Ctrl+Alt+Delete look Processes meybe some hidding process absorb u memory :?:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Thu Apr 22, 2010 18:35

warren-the-ape wrote:Are these servers pb enabled, or doesn't that matter?

Like Ice said, check your pc for viruses/malware. Do a defrag and check your disk for errors (chkdsk /F f.e.).

Garfield wrote:when game ends, then my computer crashes (freezes) and when 2nd round starts then it's normal again.

Lol, so what is it? A full crash or a temporary freeze? :P Have you tried to run ET with as less extra programs and background processes as possible?

-i got no viruses,
-it doesnt depend if server got pb enabled or not
-it is temporary freeze, my whole computer freezes not only enemy territory, i cant move my mouse, cant do nothing ..
-it doesn't depend how much programs i got running bec it doesn't happen in NQ server and i got always same programs running

Mefisto wrote:its problem whit Your system not machine/PC.
Do what warren told, if not help reinstall whole system imo best solution.
Must be some kind of error, maybe You got earlier virus and antivir del some datas.

ok,
I'll try it out if i got free time.

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 20:55

Intermission time, is it when you can chat with people for X seconds before the next map loads? If it is, I got kind of the same problem. I get kicked out every time it's intermission in ETpro and have no idea why.
Maybe I could find out the kick reason and it might be related to your problem as well? Just speculations - have been thinking about your problem for some time now without any other ideas. :P
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Thu Apr 22, 2010 22:04

Ammz wrote:Intermission time, is it when you can chat with people for X seconds before the next map loads? If it is, I got kind of the same problem. I get kicked out every time it's intermission in ETpro and have no idea why.
Maybe I could find out the kick reason and it might be related to your problem as well? Just speculations - have been thinking about your problem for some time now without any other ideas. :P

yes, intermission time = round ended, you can see scores and talk X seconds before next round/map loads

but im not getting kicked out, my comp just freezes for that time.
today tempo told me to try 1 thing, he told me to write vid_restart 1sec before map ends - and my comp didn't freeze but if I didn't type it, then it happened again

i'll defrag my comp today

I have had this problem for many months (6 or so) for now - but now I'm just pissed off by that :D cos i'm getting lame replies from opponent "bot crashed?", "can't you handle your bot or what", etc

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:40

delete bot then maybe?

:D :D :D
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sat Apr 24, 2010 20:26

i'm and just boiling up, 1 problem after another (not only ET stuff), this comp is piece of shit :D seriously

probably best solution is to buy new one

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sat Apr 24, 2010 21:09

If you are thinking about a new one, make sure you buy one that the company builds itself. Not like Dell or anything, but those small companies that build super gamer computers for cheap prices! :)
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Apr 24, 2010 22:20

fyi ordi is best manufacturer in ee. maybe get smthg from tht store. :good:

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sat Apr 24, 2010 22:39

well, there is 1 comp, what is cheap and good (ordi)

Return to ET Help Desk