Problem with capslock.

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Server High Admin

Problem with capslock.

Postby pompidom_23 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 14:02

OK didn't know what to write as subject :)

So you guys know I recovered my laptop back from shop and I can restart playing ET.
Yesterday ingame I started playing and every time I wanted to crouch my pc freezes for 20-60seconds or longer. I use the CAPSLOCK button to crouch. It happens when I hold CAPSLOCK for some seconds.

So I shut down ET and tried the same in windows and it also happens then. So not only ingame but also when I'm just using my computer and hold CAPSLOCK my pc freezes for some time.

Maybe good to know is that I use an extern keyboard because the keyboard of my laptop is not properly working.

I hope there is a simple solution for this problem. Maybe something with sticky keys but I already tried to turn it on/off.

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Official Member

Re: Problem with capslock.

Postby SpyCow » Sun Dec 24, 2017 14:04

Well, the most simple solution would be assigning crouch to another key? :D
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 14:08

SpyCow wrote:Well, the most simple solution would be assigning crouch to another key? :D

I knew someone would say that but I don't feel like changing my controls, because almost every other key is taken and I don't wanna do twister-moves to crouch :D

teKno

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sun Dec 24, 2017 17:21

Have you tried to unassigned the key so it doesn't capitalize your letters?
Or try different USB-port for your keyboard?

A weird problem to be sure.

Spam Pro

Postby CALLEJON » Sun Dec 24, 2017 17:24

/bind mouse2 "+movedown"

best

no twister-moves :)

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 0:11

I somehow fixed it by changing some keyboard settings.

I hope it stays fixed now, but I have a feeling it has to do something with the 2 keyboards I use. So the standard keyboard in my laptop is not working and the capslock light is burning all the time and I can't turn it off because this keyboard isn't working. So I think some keys are 'stuck' and when I use my extern keyboard and press capslock it makes combinations with the stuck keys from my broken keyboard. Maybe :p

So I tried to uninstall the driver for my broken original laptop keyboard and then restarts my pc but my pc keeps recognizing the keyboard so it simply doesn't want to uninstall. Any way to uninstall my original keyboard from my laptop so my laptop doesn't recognize this broken keyboard anymore?

teKno

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:20

Like I said it isn't fixed...

So how to permanently uninstall my original laptop keyboard driver? (whenever I uninstall it it will install it back when I restart computer)

@Golden? How to unassigned my capslock key so the key still works but it don't set my letters in capitals?

teKno

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:07

Sorry for spam.

But again I think I fixed it.

So i figured out that indeed the problem is that in the broken keyboard some keys are stuck so when I use capslock in the extern keyboard it makes combinations with the stuck keys from the broken keyboard. So I needed to uninstall the driver for the broken keyboard but the problem was when I restart computer it automatically re-install the driver. So I came out with the idea to update the driver and search for another driver that's not compatible with this keyboard. I found some Chinese driver and installed it for my keyboard. So now my keyboard has an Chinese driver that's not compatible for my keyboard so now my pc doesn't recognize my broken keyboard and will not install the original driver for it whenever I restart the computer :p

Yeah I'm genius ! (hopefully it stays this way and will I not need to refresh this topic... And can I play ET in peace)

teKno

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:01

If you still want to disable caps lock here are some instructions. I use caps lock as push-to-talk button :d
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows ... ows-vista/

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:23

GoldenBullet wrote:If you still want to disable caps lock here are some instructions. I use caps lock as push-to-talk button :d
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows ... ows-vista/

Jup thanks!

teKno

Return to ET Help Desk