Stuck at 'awaiting gamestate'

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Official Member

Stuck at 'awaiting gamestate'

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sun Nov 14, 2010 18:14

This problem appeared few days ago. I connect to one of PS servers and connection stops at 'awaiting gamestate'. Last time I've just stopped some memory-eating processes and it worked but now it doesn't work. Restarting PC and so on doesn't work. I also chcked if ports (27960,..) are blocked by OS (Vista) but they're not. The same happens in CoD:MW (stops when game settings are processed).
It's also suspicious because for example today I could play in the morning, but few hours later I could not.

Any idea what to do?

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Sun Nov 14, 2010 19:38

Hello!
Have you tried the FAQ?

Prime Squadron FAQ wrote:Normally you get a loading screen where you see: awaiting challenge and after that the awaiting gamestate line, but sometimes you get this message for more than 10 minutes (awaiting gamestate xxx ; awaiting challenge xxx).

A solution that may fix the problem;
Go to the directory; C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc (depending on which drive you installed Windows) In the directory ‘etc’ you will find a file called; ‘hosts’. Open the file and choose wordpad or another text editor to open the file with. Now add a new line and type; 192.246.40.62 etguidauth.evenbalance.com Save the file after this.

Now go to the directory; C:/Program Files/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/pb (depending on where you installed Enemy Territory) In that folder delete the file; ‘pbns.dat’, and run the program; ‘pbweb.exe’. Wait while PB updates itself (this may take a while) and you are done.

http://www.prime-squadron.com/modules/FAQ/
stopped playing et. now lurking csgo. find me on steamcommunity with /id/pancookie1

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sun Nov 14, 2010 19:58

Thanks. I didn't think this may be found in PS FAQ. Hope it'll work permanently, cause hour ago I've succeded to run ET, while few hours ago I couldn't (it's random).

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Sun Nov 14, 2010 22:35

Are there other people/pc's using the same connection? Or do you run any torrent software? What happens if you reboot your router?
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Return to ET Help Desk