Little problem...

· PS FAQ · Search Forum · Any ET related problems? Post them here
Veteran

Little problem...

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 19:19

EDIT: Ok so my problem:
Ok I have a problem to start ET with xfire. I guess it started because I updated my nVidia drivers couple of days ago because I knew that BO needs latest updates to be able to played. So I have no idea how to get my ET work. It only work when I go to ET folder and start ET from there.

I would appreciate that you give me some help. If there is no solution I try to reinstall ET then.

So I reinstalled my ET but I found new problem. Still same problem + when we lose or win map I see that flag as a orange (1.2.9) and also I see orange box when I check tab someone is having obj. Everything because new version of nVidia drivers.

I have Windows 7 and 2.80 nVidia drivers (new) so any else have same problem ?

-*S
Last edited by Plastic_Jesus on Tue Oct 26, 2010 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Tue Oct 26, 2010 13:35

Saukkoooo :D

Uhm dunno if you made a mistake but this is the PS forum :p
So you made a mistake with posting in the right forum..

and if not - i would delete this link, kinda unpurposed advertising.

But ye could be Drivers fault, or dunno maybe a wrong .pk3 which affects the game.
As i saw Sebbel had problems with Necrology - the FG42 was Black/Orange aswell (on all maps - coz of necrology, which is fixed now though)

EDIT: Problem solved, ET reinstalled, can be locked now

But isn't that ET.exe problem with xFire fixed?

As you said..
Still same problem + ...

And about the drivers - just try deinstall and get the previous driver version, if the prob is fixed, than it is the drivers fault - and the only thing which you can do is to wait for the next release untill they fix it.

(there were also problems with ATI cards / Drivers - when i checked forums in past)

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 16:37

My bad if it's take nas advertise but I don't mean to of course. There is now new update for the drivers so I'll try that if it doesn't work I'll edit my post.

-*S

EDIT: There is nomore link now that is copied now from there.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Tue Oct 26, 2010 19:22

Check which value your "r_displayrefresh" has, and whether that value is okay with your computer screen.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 20:06

Same as my FPS as it should be, so 70.

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Wed Oct 27, 2010 14:05

Displayrefresh should be set equal to your Monitor hz rate.
I have a Samsung TFT Monitor with 60 hz..

So i've set r_displayrefresh to 60 aswell.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Wed Oct 27, 2010 15:35

I always used 70 so that can't be the problem. Only problem is that I can't start ET with any shorcut or xfire, I must go straight to its folder and start it from there and do \exec Saukko.cfg and stuff.

-*S

Spam Pro

Postby Diclonius » Wed Oct 27, 2010 20:46

Saukko wrote:I always used 70 so that can't be the problem. Only problem is that I can't start ET with any shorcut or xfire, I must go straight to its folder and start it from there and do \exec Saukko.cfg and stuff.

-*S

Yeah. So maybe another r_displayrefresh is set in your autoexec / etconfig and in your Saukko.cfg the proper one is set. Also r_displayrefresh shouldn't be according to your FPS - r_displayrefresh sets how often it refreshes the on-screen and sends it to your monitor, so it shouldn't be higher than what your screen can handle, which is 60Hz for most.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:41

I'll try that but I know that won't help because it has wroked before for about 1 year without any kind of problems. I'll edit this and see what it says then.

-*S

Spam Pro

Postby eLemenT » Thu Oct 28, 2010 13:51

Well, i also don't think it has sth to do with the displayrefresh rate :)

It's ET related (.pk3 and stuff)
Or like Saukko said - Drivers (as he installed new) / Graphix

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 15:08

I tried that refreshrate but it didn't do anything. So I guess it is because of new driver updates. I won't downdate it because Black ops is coming under two weeks and I need the newest 3D drivers from nVidia to try my coming Vuzix 920AV.

I don't mind that I have to go always to ET folder to start ET.

-*S

Spam Kid

Postby Eikkel » Sat Oct 30, 2010 22:04

Well i have too windows 7 and for me its great o0
I dont have any problems with games etc.
Well maybe download again nvidia?
I had nvidia at my old computer but it succks:P
Now i have new and another.
Maybe there's a new version of nvidia?

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:23

Yes there is, I downloaded it but it didn't solve anything. Still have the problem but I think I can manage just with old style, 1. ET folder -> 2. ET.exe -> 3. exec Saukko; vid_restart; connect blabla. That's my solution for now... I am at the moment looking for new graphic card, GeForce GTX 460 propably. So we will see will that solve anything. Because it has different drivers.

-*S

Spam Kid

Postby Eikkel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:48

Ah and with this orange box when i press tab i have it only on CS1.6 steam.Never on ET o0.But new graphic card costs but if u have cash why not.It should help.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 15:08

Though I don't have that orange thing anymore. Now only problem is that I can't launch my ET with shorcut or with xfire.

Return to ET Help Desk