Our current server-situation.

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Server Owner

Re: Our current server-situation.

Postby Ninjadeer » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:11

You got a point there Bumble.

But the thing is that with current server activity it is really hard to spot suitable players. For sure we have some good material on our server, and there are quite a lot people with lvl 7 and some have been a long time. Some of them probably didn't show enough activity or admin potential back in the day, or some were just over looked as there were 'more suitable' (probably more noisy) people around. Nowadays it is hard to know who of our players would be interested in membership and who are there just to play the game, spotting some admin potential is hard as well as there aren't that much situations where admin skills are needed. Could be we are expecting too much and of course it could be argued whether admin potential as we used to consider it is reasonable requirement anymore or should we just pick the guys that are interested in being part of PS and seem to be generally cool guys.

So we sure do have some cool guys around, but I'm not sure whether we know what we are looking for anymore. It might be reasonable subject for some internal brainstorm.
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Fri Jun 03, 2016 16:21

Ninjadeer wrote:You got a point there Bumble.

But the thing is that with current server activity it is really hard to spot suitable players. For sure we have some good material on our server, and there are quite a lot people with lvl 7 and some have been a long time. Some of them probably didn't show enough activity or admin potential back in the day, or some were just over looked as there were 'more suitable' (probably more noisy) people around. Nowadays it is hard to know who of our players would be interested in membership and who are there just to play the game, spotting some admin potential is hard as well as there aren't that much situations where admin skills are needed. Could be we are expecting too much and of course it could be argued whether admin potential as we used to consider it is reasonable requirement anymore or should we just pick the guys that are interested in being part of PS and seem to be generally cool guys.

So we sure do have some cool guys around, but I'm not sure whether we know what we are looking for anymore. It might be reasonable subject for some internal brainstorm.

You got a point there Ninja.
U can give at some people that really want and try there best to be more active.
And give them a month (1) or few weeks a proof, that other official members can give tips or comments to the player thats busy with a tryout.
at set a miminum age on it 16+ atleast.
With that tryout u can create a trust zone with that player.
And if he/her has potenial for being a member he can make it fun and ask other people to for joining.
I think alot of people want to get a try out i guess.
But being a member takes alot of responsibility ofcourse.

About events its more for cow and the other workers on that little tip: Try it out before starting at the event some times alot of bugs. i got no problem with it.
Maybe ask active people that playing what kind of stuff they like to do at a event or what they expect about it.

About my self i will try to do my best for more activity

greetz,
Bumble

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Fri Jun 03, 2016 16:43

Bumble wrote:[...]at set a miminum age on it 16+ atleast.[...]
Cow wouldn't qualify :oops:

Bumble wrote:About events its more for cow and the other workers on that little tip: Try it out before starting at the event some times alot of bugs. i got no problem with it.
Events are usually tested on my localhost, but due to the fact that there are max 2-3 (usually just 1) real players testing them and no event is fully played (maps are skipped if they seem fine) some bugs may find their way on server. Some of the bugs may also appear at the point where I transfer all the needed stuff to server and forget to set something critical. Sometimes even the game engine may cause some funny behavior which couldn't have been foreseen. I'm sorry if there are bugs in our events and I would like to be informed about them so probably some of them could be eliminated in next events. :)

Bumble wrote:Maybe ask active people that playing what kind of stuff they like to do at a event or what they expect about it.
This would be reasonable indeed. Our players are also free to suggest an event, if you have something in mind just post a new topic in PS#1 Discussion. You don't have to be a member to organize one, if the idea is good and possible to arrange we will surely help with tech stuff. :)
Image thx for diamond :D

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 20:52

Dr Zoidberg wrote:This made me feel less welcome to the server ...and a bit sad to be honest.

Pompi, a good life philosofi is to critize the behavior, and not the person. For next time =)

Seeing how botwar works in practice in the server. It seems that botwars fills the server. When we are few players, we vote if we want to play botwar, which often gets accepted. And when 8-10 people are in, people stop voting for botwar. Yes, I might disapear at this stage. But this still seems to be a win-win situation.

Zoid, this wasn't meant as an personal attack against you... Like I said I like you very much and I'm happy to see you at our server. But our server is becoming a server where only people come to play for playing botwar, i gave your name as example, because when we vote for a normal war when playing botwar, you most likely disconnect the server. And that's a little bit sad to see people only come because of botwar.
I hope you are not offended and still like to join our server, that last time is nice filled btw.

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Server High Admin

Postby Dr Zoidberg » Sat Jun 04, 2016 0:08

Thanks Pompi for the clearification.

I used to like playing humans vs humans. But since I got on prime-squadron, I noticed that this server has more features which rewards fragging (Doublejumps, adrenaline, "almost flying capabilities" to mention a few) and less on teamplay and strategy imo. Teamplay, team composition and strategy blooms out when playing botwar... where you choose to be medic not just to selfheal and frag, but to revive your teammates... where cov matters in giving smoke and giving cover... where being engie and placing mines matter and not just have people flying over them without damage.

I do understand that good fraggers want to play human vs human on this server. But as a terrible fragger, who like the game for other qualities, I find botwar way more fun. By the time enough humans has joined... I've already played for an hour or more, which is also a cause why im often appear leaving after botwar.

I do believe there is a middle ground here, where both play-styles can co-exist. Especially since the default is human vs humans... there need to be an explicit vote for botwar after each map.
//Dr Zoidberg

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:07

Zoid,

After few maps bots its done to play vs bots because its really always the same.
Go a human vs human is more funnier and can be played more times after some maps.

Bronze Star

Postby Slash » Sat Jun 04, 2016 20:38

As i heard from Troyan this one has been already suggested and its under discussion to get smaller maps in cycle so a 2v2 or 3v3 would make sense aswell less player would need to a fun game -- > You can get rid of bots easier. (At this point i have to mention im not as skilled as most of you and i like to play agianst bots too.)

The other thing is about events which could gain more activity. You have to make events more regulary like monthly or every 2nd month instead of the usual Easter Birthday Christmas event cycle.

Greetings, Slash

Official Member

Postby Polaris » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:21

Dr Zoidberg wrote:This made me feel less welcome to the server ...and a bit sad to be honest.

Don't you dare, it's always a (funny) pleasure to play with you!

Good thing you posted this in the general section pompi, the lack of activity in the forum and public discussions about the server might even be a part of the problem? :read:

Server High Admin

Postby Dr Zoidberg » Sun Jun 12, 2016 19:48

Polaris wrote:Don't you dare, it's always a (funny) pleasure to play with you!

Likewise Polaris! =)
//Dr Zoidberg

Spam Noob

Postby captn* » Thu Jul 21, 2016 16:55

well in bunker we did all this too i found letting everyone decide the fate of the group was bad now bunker is dead ..i have faith in ps that u will not dissolve to nothing like bunker did.. dont fight .. and stick to ur guns. one persons wound is anothers bandaid.

Official Member

Postby Swordfish » Sun Jul 24, 2016 17:07

Hmm, whatever You boys will desire to do, You need to do it... Afternoon times practically nobody playing except me :( even in evening time server is mostly empty... Ye i know it is summertime, but i got yesterday in server already question that is PS dead or what? Hmm, can not say that I can blame player who is coming in not so often, and sees there always only bots. (and me). Whatever will be decision, it will at least move things to some direction. I started year ago with ET again and at the time there was almost always somebody in server... I has been seeing too many good ET servers to die, and tbh dont wanna see that server to go to history as well...
Peace...see u in field :roll:

Best rgds
Swordfish
Fragging is not crime... yet.
-|PS|-Swordfish

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 20:03

Member/Admin activity is very low... Thats our big problem :(

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Wed Jul 27, 2016 14:19

but troy there are alot of members but like u said maybe recruit will help more i guess to because people going play more if they can trust the PS :)
and the ps members trust the players :)
more reclame?

Bronze Star

Postby Slash » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:55

Cheers guys i will be back in business in a week or 2 Since i moved to england (jun10) the only equipment i have is a phone now i might be able to get a laptop.

Greetings, Slash

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sat Nov 12, 2016 15:12

:good:
:good:

not bad

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sat Nov 12, 2016 15:29

Indeed, was neat to play with so many. :P
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 18:04

I didnt want to put up it here, but i saw it !! Cow got smallest one :rofl:

Spam Pro

Postby CALLEJON » Sat Nov 12, 2016 18:32

eaves comeback a week ago and server keeps filling.. coincidence?

Server High Admin

Postby carebear » Sun Nov 13, 2016 0:54

ban eaves again :rofl:

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 15:24

So eaves, BRING SOME MORE PEOPLE!

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sun Nov 13, 2016 18:52

Lets all try to bring them by activity :beer:

Server High Admin

Postby BigOgr » Fri Nov 18, 2016 20:14

And I have my graphic card driver *beep* up again :P

Previous

Return to PS #1: Discussion