PS #1 activity

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Official Member

PS #1 activity

Postby Polaris » Fri Aug 07, 2015 19:22

Hey guys,

It's very lonely on ps1 lately, even in the evenings. E.g. last sunday there were only 3 people playing at 8 pm, that's usually prime time. Maybe it's time to think about some ideas to make the server more attractive again, otherwise it may share the same fate as other once popular servers like FG or LL. There are other servers that are still very crowded (FA for example). I do not think that this is just a phase caused by summer vacations or something. Player amount hardly ever rises above 8, and if it reaches that level players disconnect very quickly.

One thing that directly comes to my mind is to change the voting system to give low level players more power, if bots block a certain team there is no way for you to change that if you do not have the required level, or you have no chance to skip a map you do not like. Furthermore I would like to ask all regulars and members to connect even if there are not many peeps around, if you don't connect, others won't either. Or maybe change some rules?

So what do you think?

Official Member

Re: PS #1 activity

Postby Polaris » Fri Aug 07, 2015 19:28

Oh another idea that just popped up in my head: Give levels faster (and more admins acces to the !setlevel cmd), b.itches love power :twisted: and maybe speed up the process of becoming PS member plus making it more transparent

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Aug 07, 2015 19:38

Pola!

We have seen a lot of these 'periodic dips' and it is always hard to assure what is the cause. Often, if a few players and member just connect at the same time the server can get filled up way easier. Two weeks ago we almost had full house, last week it was empty. I would urge members and players to just sit on spec, even when you are not playing. It is so much easier to fill up the house in such circumstance.

Suggestion for improving activity on the server is always welcome and much appreciated.

The suggestion about map voting has been considered more often, I'm not really sure on this one.

About the adminlevels: to keep the quality and the reputation of PS high we always want to be careful with our decision. We want to be absolutely sure that the person to join PS is ready for it. The ease of becoming member or gaining levels has already become much easier than in the past.

Members have a say in who they think is to be appointed for level upgrades/downgrade and HA make the final decision, especially considering member status.

About transparancy, which part of the progress do you think is not transparent. I'm interest because I never experienced it and I'd like to have a look at it if things are unclear.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Polaris » Fri Aug 07, 2015 19:49

davies wrote:About transparancy, which part of the progress do you think is not transparent. I'm interest because I never experienced it and I'd like to have a look at it if things are unclear.

Don't get me wrong here, I like things how they are (otherwise I would play somewhere else). But receiving levels feels like such a random process, like if you're lucky and a HA is online and feeling like going on a !setlevel spree you get one. Maybe adding an option like "if you play here for so and so many weeks and did not break any rules you get level XXX" and giving players the opportunity to ask for them then could help.

More likely this wouldn't change a thing, I'm just bored as fvck and procrastinating university stuff and would like to do that on a crowded server :rofl:

Official Member

Postby RyukinOmega » Fri Aug 07, 2015 22:55

Maps that arent back in rotation after 1-2 times could brings some diversity imo.
I eat cowz for a living.

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:23

Polaris wrote:
davies wrote:About transparancy, which part of the progress do you think is not transparent. I'm interest because I never experienced it and I'd like to have a look at it if things are unclear.

Don't get me wrong here, I like things how they are (otherwise I would play somewhere else). But receiving levels feels like such a random process, like if you're lucky and a HA is online and feeling like going on a !setlevel spree you get one. Maybe adding an option like "if you play here for so and so many weeks and did not break any rules you get level XXX" and giving players the opportunity to ask for them then could help.

More likely this wouldn't change a thing, I'm just bored as fvck and procrastinating university stuff and would like to do that on a crowded server :rofl:

This is not entirely true. Levels are decided on HA personal opinion, since they hand them out. However, they will first consider it with other PS and members also adress certain people they think show positive (or negative) behavior on the server. In that sense, every level we give is a collective decision based on our combined opinion.

As far as your idea goes, it has been considered before but it has some major issues. Activity can still be temporary, rulebreaking is very different on certain levels (accidental SK because of new map vs. insults i.e.), some people don't rulebreak per se but are just very annoying in their style like uncontrolled riflenaders etc. If we combine these factors with the proposed system it basicly boils down to the system we are running:

Main points to consider are activity, behavior on server (niceness, rulebreaking), forum activity (in a lesser sense) and contribution, so would someone add value to PS + a good amount of time spent watching a person. Naturally, we leave some time between level promotions to see how well someone handles his new commands/status.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Polaris » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:51

I totally see your points and even agree with you, but my point is that maybe some (unwanted) changes are NECESSARY in order to keep/attract players. It's ofcourse a difficult decision between integrity and attraction, but in my eyes the current system begins to fail while others survive. It should now be about paying the right price to keep it running.

I will nevertheless keep playing and hope my post helps to start a discussion within PS :)

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:33

davies wrote:We have seen a lot of these 'periodic dips'

Yes, some weeks server is crowded, some weeks it's empty. But it's just in periods. I don't think there are any solutions for this kind of phenomenon.

I'm sure the server will be more frequently filled when the summer vacation is over.
We need to have it from our evening games, especially in the weekend. I'm sure this evening the server will be nice filled ;)

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Sat Aug 08, 2015 16:06

the server is servall times empty because its summer people want out side not inside home if its good wether
me to i go out side im 3 days not on :P
about admin levels i go agree with ps with that they decice when someone get it
but the must be wight between ps member and normale people it cant be 18 people on 17 members?
thats not fair i guess?
everybody want it
i want it to only the TAG , but i would help anyway if someone needs me
but i dont wanna get might but people abuse if they have might about somethings
not everybody
i hope it will be oke

ps:sorry about my bad english
i hope u understand me

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Sat Aug 08, 2015 16:12

and today the day ET is a unknow game for alot of people ATM
they play COD , CSGO,CSS, etc....
maybe a fb page could help and let them join to the forum here and join our server
with good instruction that we have :P
and set the quickconnector on forum to easier way to join

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sat Aug 08, 2015 16:23

One more note about the levels, you don't need the tag or a high level to be part of the family. :wink:

Bumble wrote:and today the day ET is a unknow game for alot of people ATM
maybe a fb page could help and let them join to the forum here and join our server

https://www.facebook.com/groups/57098799614/
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Sat Aug 08, 2015 16:38

[quote="davies"]One more note about the levels, you don't need the tag or a high level to be part of the family. :wink:/quote]

true,

but the tag is awesome idk why but its nice
but u r right :)

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Sat Aug 08, 2015 20:41

winter coming ........ :wink:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:29

FALBIK wrote:winter coming ........ :wink:

ten alot of people go play more because its cold and people hate cold normaly

about polaris admintest points thing mind is something good because people want to climb higher and higher to something that somebody want to be proud of it

some people dreams for it :P :hyper:
maybe could there something that could be done with that

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Sun Aug 09, 2015 13:03

so ... we have only one way to keep PS1 acitivity - given more & more lvl ?

dont think so :wink: if u like game ( no matter what ) u play .. play ..play all time . Remember ... we from year to year are older :loller: have real life , works , wifes ^^ etc ....sometimes no have time to play ..... + now vacations , holidays .... beaches , hot-chicks & cold beers ^^ .....

im here 8 years and still irritated-laughs when young - Spynab kill me in game ...buahahahahah

ET is still alive so and we live . :mrgreen:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 13:34

Agree
Lvls got nothing about amount of players on server

Official Member

Postby Bumble » Sun Aug 09, 2015 13:59

true :)

so lets wait we have all fun
no matters what
like falbik said PLAY PLAY PLAY PLAY PLAY :P

Official Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Aug 18, 2015 17:47

Psssssssst im thinking of comming back :)

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Tue Aug 18, 2015 18:25

Dutchman wrote:Psssssssst im thinking of comming back :)

8O It's alive :party:
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Tue Aug 18, 2015 18:27

Dutchman wrote:Psssssssst im thinking of comming back :)

Jasper just here to promote his app :oops:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Aug 18, 2015 19:58

>.> my old pic is gone :D

Spam Pro

Postby Bo0m.!? » Tue Aug 18, 2015 21:14

davies wrote:One more note about the levels, you don't need the tag or a high level to be part of the family. :wink:

Bumble wrote:and today the day ET is a unknow game for alot of people ATM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/57098799614/

Indeed Davies I agree i consider you all my familly althou am not active much lately. But nvrmind i love you all. Beside cowz :mrgreen:

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Wed Aug 19, 2015 0:44

Lool Dutchman.
Get Your ass back here!
Chaos is the only true answer.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:27

Lool Daghel XD You should bring back here your ass as well :loller:

Welcome back Dutchnab :party:

Official Member