Server changes

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960

Pick 4 most suitable options

1. Restrict heavy weapons/riflenades/shotguns
15%
1. Keep heavy weapons/riflenades/shotguns as is
11%
2. Landmines triggered by both teams
12%
2. Landmines triggered by enemy team only
12%
3. Lower engineer stamina
12%
3. Keep engineer as is
12%
4. Remove class changing
9%
4. Keep class changing as is
17%

Total votes : 124
Spam Noob

Re: Server changes

Postby fUNky-MoNk » Sat Mar 28, 2015 19:22

Polaris wrote:Get rid of the panzer and we're good to go :P

Com' on Phoebe, you deserve a little panza every now and then^^
Keeps you from becoming too cocky...

Official Member

Postby empy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 19:36

Keep server as it is 8)

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Sat Mar 28, 2015 22:50

i understand the thing with the mines, in many maps ....
but i can tell you: i remember when i changed it.... you are an engi, you try to plant mines in best positions (and i do not mean around any flag) hidden in gras, around corners etc... and then you only read "teamkill, teamkill, teamkill" ...
i can tell you, as engi it is minimum the same annoying as the planting around flags etc annoys you now.

i hope players are smarter nowadays, but i do not believe it at the moment.

if the polls result is to let mines be triggered also by teammate, then i would suggest to increase the amount of mines in opposite for that since you have to expect that half the mines will be useless anyway (killing own team instead of opponents)

i agree on restriceted amount of any class, weapon, stamina.. or better say: not important, will bring some change into gameplay.
didnt vote yet, just wanted to tell some experience from the past
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Thu May 14, 2015 21:00

So..... i think vote results are same for some time now. Results show that ppl are more or less splited in half. Bit more want restrict hw and bit more want to keep as is class changing. Rest is 50/50.

Maybe sugestions should be more precisely, like...: "Less rifle per team" , or "1 engi can arm 1 dyna at once" ??

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Thu May 14, 2015 21:27

Best would be to see the outcome as that there is room to conduct some experiments. If we test some settings on a crowded evening we can see how they work out.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Thu May 14, 2015 23:02

Yes, good idea. But maybe bit more then 1 day test. 1 weekend would be enougch imo

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Fri May 15, 2015 10:44

Troyan wrote:Results show that ppl are more or less splited in half. Bit more want restrict hw and bit more want to keep as is class changing. Rest is 50/50.
That pretty much sums it up, also thanks for bringing this topic up again. :)

It seems engineer class might be more or less fine as is, but according to the comments riflenades should be restricted while rest of heavy weapons seem to be fine.

Let's start experimenting with
Code: Select all
set team_maxRifleGrenades 2

Please tell us in this topic whether there seems to be any progress towards better gameplay or not.
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby Polaris » Mon May 18, 2015 21:18

I HAVE A REQUEST

Can we please please make headshot mode voteable for like level 4 and up? Especially when noone's around playing against bots it would be a cool change :)

Thanks in advance!

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Mon May 18, 2015 21:22

Ninjadeer wrote:Let's start experimenting with

Please tell us in this topic whether there seems to be any progress towards better gameplay or not.

Honestly haven't noticed a difference, as it's also pretty rare that 3 players from the same team use rifle. :P
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Mon May 18, 2015 23:47

Can we to changes you did Ninja also add restrict hw (panzer) for test?

With 2 rifle there is no radical\visable change tbh. Maybe becouse this weekend not many players online... Lets keep it bit longer

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Tue May 19, 2015 7:49

Polaris wrote:I HAVE A REQUEST

Can we please please make headshot mode voteable for like level 4 and up? Especially when noone's around playing against bots it would be a cool change :)

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately I'm afraid this isn't possible without some special admin mod such as Eggtools or Wolf Admin, and I guess neither of these even has the functionality yet implemented. It would be easy to do as a command, but there would be no vote which might lead into abuse of the command. :(

Cow wrote:Honestly haven't noticed a difference, as it's also pretty rare that 3 players from the same team use rifle.

Troyan wrote:With 2 rifle there is no radical\visable change tbh. Maybe becouse this weekend not many players online... Lets keep it bit longer
It might be you won't notice any huge difference unless the whole engineer class is so weak no one wants to play it. But yes, we might try keeping these settings for a bit longer (next friday probably) and try one of those stamina affecting settings after that, maybe less rnades available or slower reload.

Troyan wrote:Can we to changes you did Ninja also add restrict hw (panzer) for test?
Less !beer Troy, more understandable scpeech please. :) But so far I wouldn't restrict other weapons than riflenades. According to the comments in this topic riflenades seem to be the only nuisance and there should be already only 1 of each HW (except MG) available for both teams. Of course those can be quite annoying in 3o3 but I'm not sure if disabling them totally is a good solution either.

Official Member

Postby Polaris » Tue May 19, 2015 12:01

Ninjadeer wrote:
Polaris wrote:I HAVE A REQUEST

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately I'm afraid this isn't possible without some special admin mod such as Eggtools or Wolf Admin, and I guess neither of these even has the functionality yet implemented. It would be easy to do as a command, but there would be no vote which might lead into abuse of the command. :(

Easy solution: Make it Polaris-exclusive 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun May 24, 2015 12:13

Stamina restrictions? :hyper:

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sun May 24, 2015 15:06

SpyCow wrote:Stamina restrictions? :hyper:

Maybe first you post some opinion about changes we already have :loller:

IMO with less rifle game is in 90% cases same and in 10% better. Not many times we had more then 2 engi in team even if we have nice amount of players on server. Even if sometimes there is 4 engi, 2 rifle and 2 smg\shotgun is nice balance. But..... i think.... less rifle nades could do more good in this case. Now engi starting with 8 rnades and can grab 1 more if 1 is armed, i sugest 4 rnades on start and 1 to grab when is armed. It could bring less random shooting maybe even less team kills. Every time some1 with rifle shooting behind wall even if he dont know some1 there or maybe his teammate there. Having less rnades to use maybe owner of this mighty weapon 8) will use it more .... wisely :wink:

:beer:

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun May 24, 2015 15:23

SpyCow wrote:
Ninjadeer wrote:Let's start experimenting with

Honestly haven't noticed a difference, as it's also pretty rare that 3 players from the same team use rifle. :P

I did? :P

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Sun May 24, 2015 15:46

You are right, i forgot.

So here we go:
set skill_engineer "-1 2 3 4 250 500 600 700 1000"
instead of
set skill_engineer "1 2 3 4 250 500 600 700 1000"
which means engineer will start with 4 rnades instead of 8. I'm not exactly sure how this will affect to ammo packs, but most likely engineers can carry max 5 rnades or so.

And
set team_maxRifleGrenades 3
reset to normal 3.

The changes will take effect on next server restart. Will try to do that ASAP, but in a way it won't mess your game. :)

Spam Noob

Postby slight » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:40

Ninjadeer wrote:You are right, i forgot.

So here we go:
set skill_engineer "-1 2 3 4 250 500 600 700 1000"
instead of
set skill_engineer "1 2 3 4 250 500 600 700 1000"
which means engineer will start with 4 rnades instead of 8. I'm not exactly sure how this will affect to ammo packs, but most likely engineers can carry max 5 rnades or so.

And
set team_maxRifleGrenades 3
reset to normal 3.

The changes will take effect on next server restart. Will try to do that ASAP, but in a way it won't mess your game. :)

Its okay with an amount of 4 rnades (if one is loaded the count is like u said 5). Fops comes so more in playing role to give ammo :)

- so my votes:

1. restrict heavy weapons/riflenades/shotguns

i voted yes, cause we got too much riflenades war. 4/5 nades should be enough. but reducing damage at same point is not a good idea.

2. Landmines triggered by enemy team only

would be best to keep as it is. this will result in way more tks from badly placed landmines etc.

agree & will block maybe the only teammates way

3. Lower engineer stamina

i don't really have a problem with this, sounds ok. kinda annoying when team has to defuse 1000+ dynas and have riflenades launching all over the place trying to defend those 1000+ dynamites. if stamina is lowered then maybe won't need to lower amount of riflenades one can carry. or maybe both on same time?

I agree, but not both togehter. disbalancing compared to other classes (medic)?
But dont need to defuse 3-6 dynas gives one engi who got it to the dyna more chance to defuse it

4. remove class changing

should be set mapwise, otherwise = off (changed my mind, see down)

no change. when u dont kill the last engi completly and the medic kills you and makes himself engi. well. nice move hehhe :D rare, cause most medics dont stay besides engis :/ but a nice tactial option :evil:
but sure that a cops can get access with this option just in front of a door, infiltrate simply and ruin the whole map :twisted:
Last edited by slight on Tue Jun 02, 2015 13:10, edited 11 times in total.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:46

Yes, less rnades looks nice ! :P

Now maybe some disadvenatge for medic ? Maybe smth like, when adrena is ON healing by taking any medpacks is blocked. Or maybe stamina is one for adrena and medpacks ? What you think? Maybe you got some ideas?

Official Member

Postby RyukinOmega » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:16

Troyan wrote:Yes, less rnades looks nice ! :P

Now maybe some disadvenatge for medic ? Maybe smth like, when adrena is ON healing by taking any medpacks is blocked. Or maybe stamina is one for adrena and medpacks ? What you think? Maybe you got some ideas?

hell naw! if u guys nerf the adre i would kill myself lol. no need for that. but if u rly must then just limit the amount one can caryy to maybe 3 or 5. so at least i die Before i have that problem :D
I eat cowz for a living.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:20

I think tweaking the adrenaline so you can't combine it with medic packs would be way too big of a change. :|
Not to mention horrific. 8O If nerfing medic is going to happen, perhaps just limit adrenaline to 5-10 ish. :P

We've alredy prohibited medics from using akimbo!

Spam Noob

Postby slight » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:42

Troyan wrote:Maybe smth like, when adrena is ON healing by taking any medpacks is blocked.

hmmm, saw it on another server last days. avoids rambo-atacks maybe

Or maybe stamina is one for adrena and medpacks ? What you think? Maybe you got some ideas?

sounds not bad :)

or what about if medics aren't invulnerability while revival (drastic change hehe)

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 15:08

slight wrote:
or what about if medics aren't invulnerability while revival (drastic change hehe)

Could our -|PS|- English Translator (Cow) help me with this ?

Ryukin
But thats what all about, less rambomedics. And its only for test now :idea: dont worry.

I think same stamina for medpacks and adrena would be better 8)

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Tue Jun 02, 2015 15:27

Troyan wrote:
slight wrote:

I'm having trouble understanding what he means myself. :mrgreen:
Do you mean remove the spawn protection when someone is revived because the medics hide behind?

Official Member

Postby RyukinOmega » Tue Jun 02, 2015 16:55

Troyan wrote:
slight wrote:

Ryukin
But thats what all about, less rambomedics. And its only for test now :idea: dont worry.

I think same stamina for medpacks and adrena would be better 8)

hehe found myself some new colours :D

and yes i Think that's what he meant. but only if one could aim properly while being revived otherwise u sitting duck
I eat cowz for a living.

Previous

Return to PS #1: Discussion