1 exit in marrakech

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Server High Admin

1 exit in marrakech

Postby Betinho » Wed May 02, 2012 1:34

please HA and owners can you look at this demo and make a rule for this? before start to record, i get killed 2 times in the same way.
So, please can you make a rule for this? something like : "in the maps when the enemy have only 1 spawn exit, throwing grenades, satchels , riflenades, arty or hw in this place it will be considerated spawn kill and you will be warned/kicked/banned, depends of the situation"

http://wotan.prime-squadron.com/uploads ... 92c51f1c21

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Wed May 02, 2012 11:02

There is a rule which says: When enemy has 1 spawn exit it's disallowed to kill him there. For example: Killing allies at tree at last spawnpoint is treated as spawnkill. It including mines/heavy weapon (especially mortaring). Feel free to warning players for killing you at spawn exit. They can't block it (only when there is one exit!). You wont find it in the Rulebook, cos it's one of the "unwritten rule".
-=RapidHail=-: If something is logically for You, doesn't mean it's logical for rest.

Official Member

Postby Yoschi » Wed May 02, 2012 11:14

Hmm like lady said. I think it like this on Picture.

Red area = spawn
After passing red lines to exit 1 or 2 no spawn.

But HA should confirm this.

Talented Spammer

Re: 1 exit in marrakech

Postby TalibKweli » Wed May 02, 2012 12:45

Betinho wrote:please HA and owners can you look at this demo and make a rule for this? before start to record, i get killed 2 times in the same way.
So, please can you make a rule for this? something like : "in the maps when the enemy have only 1 spawn exit, throwing grenades, satchels , riflenades, arty or hw in this place it will be considerated spawn kill and you will be warned/kicked/banned, depends of the situation"

http://wotan.prime-squadron.com/uploads ... 92c51f1c21

yo beti m8, im sry men, that this discussion this night was so rude, specialy from my side that i didnt believed u :/ ...
im rly rly sry :( !!!

after you disconnected i joined allies to show flower then, were i thought i was right that those satchels didnt hit "spawn", to show what i meant ...

demo -> http://wotan.prime-squadron.com/uploads/index.php?downloade_datei=34318eed7438e1188d8fb8566ffb0f58

but like the first satchel on flower showes, it hit spawn marked area like on yoschi's pic

Red area = spawn
After passing red lines to exit 1 or 2 no spawn.

FG stupid was doing it last time, and i was spec like u, and there you said nothing, maybe you were afk, idk, anyway i did it too ...

i thought its not that rulebreakin, like it is, yet i also believe on it because fact is clear!

so i hope we can close this and you forgive me pls ;)

you're a good guy beti, and i wanna put this under "strange times in ET life" :twisted:

greetings talib
Image credits to Falb!k, thanks :)

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Wed May 02, 2012 14:17

MiLady wrote:There is a rule which says: When enemy has 1 spawn exit it's disallowed to kill him there. For example: Killing allies at tree at last spawnpoint is treated as spawnkill.

And where this is written in the Rulebook? Could you take a picture since I do not see such rule after reading the whole Rulebook.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Wed May 02, 2012 14:27

Saukko wrote:
MiLady wrote:There is a rule which says: When enemy has 1 spawn exit it's disallowed to kill him there. For example: Killing allies at tree at last spawnpoint is treated as spawnkill.

And where this is written in the Rulebook? Could you take a picture since I do not see such rule after reading the whole Rulebook.

-*S

Saukko, maybe read better the whole Milady's reply and you will find your answer.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Wed May 02, 2012 14:32

I guess BowDown will also react on this matter, but besides that, dropping nades at point 1 and 2 is allowed (or at least I don't warn for it unless it gets really messy), dropping nades or whatever on the point where this player is standing of more before the entrance is however not allowed. I would say that that red line cover the spawn exit quite well, and killing there is not allowed. But again, that is my interpretation of where the spawn exit ends.

You will see that every admin will have a slight different interpretation of what an spawnexit is and what not.

Talented Spammer

Postby TalibKweli » Wed May 02, 2012 15:01

ye at least i killed the whole time where on yoschis pic the 1 is, there were my satchel was the most time, beside this 1 time in beti's demo, that was a mistake :D :P ...

anyway also by my spot with satchel, it hits people by door moving out the room where spawn is, and that i didnt noticed that good :/ ...
Image credits to Falb!k, thanks :)

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed May 02, 2012 16:06

TalibKweli wrote:ye at least i killed the whole time where on yoschis pic the 1 is, there were my satchel was the most time, beside this 1 time in beti's demo, that was a mistake :D :P ...

anyway also by my spot with satchel, it hits people by door moving out the room where spawn is, and that i didnt noticed that good :/ ...

The best thing to do is not taking this risk at all. At every map where you know that the spawn borders are vague, and there there is a risk of hitting the enemy at an inappropriate place, just take some more distance
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Wed May 02, 2012 16:53

I think that in that red are allies should be untouchable.

Btw. I remember one absurd story. I was chasing allied troop with obj (I killed 1 or 2 guys on my route). We went to this long straight path that comes from allied respawn and one allied appeared. I shoot at him and killed him, when he was out of red area and even out of gate marked with 1. He was just at start of this road. AND I GOT WARNED FOR SK! Warned for killing guy absolutely out of spawn, while I was desperately trying to retreive obj.

For 90% it was on one of PS servers.

Official Member

Postby on1 » Wed May 02, 2012 19:19

i dont see a problem with defending the objective, if u can reach there spawn point maybe ur on the wrong team :)

Official Member

Postby Toup » Wed May 02, 2012 22:00

It's been made pretty clear that if you kill an Allies around that tree it's sk.

Server High Admin

Postby carebear » Wed May 02, 2012 22:48

Toup wrote:It's been made pretty clear that if you kill an Allies around that tree it's sk.

signed!

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Thu May 03, 2012 1:46

DMG_Kowi wrote:I think that in that red are allies should be untouchable.

Btw. I remember one absurd story. I was chasing allied troop with obj (I killed 1 or 2 guys on my route). We went to this long straight path that comes from allied respawn and one allied appeared. I shoot at him and killed him, when he was out of red area and even out of gate marked with 1. He was just at start of this road. AND I GOT WARNED FOR SK! Warned for killing guy absolutely out of spawn, while I was desperately trying to retreive obj.

For 90% it was on one of PS servers.

There are more versions of marrakech, looking to your story it is another version of the current one on PS#1.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu May 03, 2012 14:29

egglaf wrote:I guess BowDown will also react on this matter, but besides that, dropping nades at point 1 and 2 is allowed (or at least I don't warn for it unless it gets really messy), dropping nades or whatever on the point where this player is standing of more before the entrance is however not allowed. I would say that that red line cover the spawn exit quite well, and killing there is not allowed. But again, that is my interpretation of where the spawn exit ends.

You will see that every admin will have a slight different interpretation of what an spawnexit is and what not.

There is nothing to add there. It's not first time we have a discussion about Marrakech"s case and its known since ages that looking to all our official and "unwritten " rules , killing allies around this famouse tree can be concidered as SK. You can sure keep throwing nades near point 1 and 2 (check Yoschi's pic). All our old regulars know about that and i rarly have to warn people about. Now, the whole area and its "SK" limits are pretty small, and a nade accidently launched in area, an out of range rfile touching the area (etc ...) here and there are possible. No need to be so rude in this accidental cases, but if you catch a player who intentionaly and regulary use nades, rifles, panza or whatever you want to kill allies on their exit and in the "forbidden" area , you are free to fix the issue in same way than a classic spawn kill.

One other point, some people now use the allies spawn to keep safe the obj befor secure it on truck. Sure, axis can't kill you there but you are also outlaws ----> :

Code: Select all
Deliberately hanging around (also known as Camping) Enemy spawn and/or your own spawn is NOT allowed and is considered Spawncamping (SC). SC will result in a warn (!warn, !slap, !burn, !fling, !throw, !gib) depending on the situation.

Becareful about that.

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu May 03, 2012 16:06

That's just bending the rules. For me it's not SK, because it's not not where ppl spawn. But if you're gonna warn axis for SK there, then warn allies for SC too.

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Thu May 03, 2012 19:04

Agreed on the previous posters. If you notice continuous explosions in that area, treat it as SK (warn and so on)

I do not remember having much SC there, but if it's a MG trying to mown down axis who have gotten too close or fop waiting for airstrike to hit or something like that, it is hardly SC as long as they don't set up a campfire there :P

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Thu May 03, 2012 19:31

Smadje wrote:
TalibKweli wrote:ye at least i killed the whole time where on yoschis pic the 1 is, there were my satchel was the most time, beside this 1 time in beti's demo, that was a mistake :D :P ...

The best thing to do is not taking this risk at all. At every map where you know that the spawn borders are vague, and there there is a risk of hitting the enemy at an inappropriate place, just take some more distance

good advice :wink:

TalibKweli wrote: so i hope we can close this and you forgive me pls ;)

it is all fine...it is good to hear apologies, and remember smad advice :)

BOWDOWN wrote: killing allies around this famouse tree can be concidered as SK.

ok, it is clear now :)

Bronze Star

Postby DennizOlof » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:09

I would say. A granade, and so on from time to time into the red area can't be spawnkilling. This do happen, but if you keep on throwing granades and other things into that area or trying to pin down the allies by attacking them when they are in the red area. That is spawn killing and wrong, plus not allowed.

But the areas closest to the two exits is a bit different, you have to accept that you can sometime get hit or damage in that area as you are about to exit from the red lined out area. At least from time to time.

It is a bit hard to control granades and things like that.

Betinho, agree. Best for axis to not shoot into the red area from a distance, risk of SKing.

Talented Spammer

Postby cabrita » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:14

if u say that the red line is spawn all the time i play this map i see someone be killed in there... so i dnt think thats is that red line... maybe counting from th tree to back x)
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(") This is Bunny.Copy and paste bunny to help him conquer the world.

Bronze Star

Postby DennizOlof » Sun Jun 03, 2012 15:27

cabrita yeah, that was kind of what I was trying to say. That the area close to both exits are part spawn, part not. So when using granades, or nades, it could happen that you get damage if you are to close to the exits, but if you are not close to the exits then you should not get damage.

I uses to put nade there but don't any more as it is to much of SK, does happen but most of the time the allies team don't get pinned down there. Putting bullets onto ppl who have just exited the spawn I think is ok. This will result in some bullets flying into where the tree is. And that could be semi-SK but I havn't seen that happen to often so I guess it's not to bad for the allies team.

[/b]

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Sun Jun 03, 2012 15:39

I first hear term "semi-SK". You made sk or not. Always when allies get damage at spawn exit it's sk - we're talking about marrakech, allies 2nd spawn. You're just lucky that noone catched You :)
For me it's very unfair when allies get hit at red area, cos they don't have any chance to prepare for attack.
-=RapidHail=-: If something is logically for You, doesn't mean it's logical for rest.

Talented Spammer

Postby cabrita » Sun Jun 03, 2012 17:34

i agree with lady, some time ago i usualy planted mines on that tree but now know its sk so if landmines in that tree is sk nades and bullets are too x)
i saw too that some axis trhow nades (with m1) to there from far away so i think that shouldnt be allowed

P.S: sry by english xD
(\__/)
(+'.'+)

Spam Kid

Postby Fight4Fun » Sun Jun 03, 2012 18:41

Toup wrote:It's been made pretty clear that if you kill an Allies around that tree it's sk.

Hi all, I would like to add something. As long as I remember I've seen allies shooting from there and axis shooting back from distance, so it is spawncamping and not allowed ?
But sometimes Axis are very strong and allies can get only to that tree, so what to do..

I think the spawn area is the place where you spawn (rooms) not that area near tree.
But I also agree nading that red area is blocking and shouldn't be allowed :)
Cheers

Fighty

Talented Spammer

Postby cabrita » Sun Jun 03, 2012 19:37

check this demo http://wotan.prime-squadron.com/uploads ... 213118d5c5 both teams are doing sk/sc so
P.S:in this map few minutes ago their was 4 mines planted on tree by axis(before gate explosion)
(\__/)
(+'.'+)

Next

Return to PS #1: Discussion